Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think with EVs, a lot of existing frameworks and paradigms will be completely restructured. For instance, without an engine and traditional auto/manual transmission, vehicle design can be completely reimagined. No more coupe, sedan, crossover, SUV, minivan, etc. - there will be many more inter-segment vehicles that could be categorized across multiple segments. Location of battery, passenger compartment, seats, cargo areas, etc. do not necessarily have to be where they've always been, and it'll be interesting to see more creative designs.

Likewise, traditionally notions of premium and luxury will also need to be redefined with EVs. Old school auto journalists and industry analysts have to fit in range, charging efficiency, and battery design into existing frameworks of what makes a car "luxurious" or "premium". It'll take time to normalize and in the interim there will be gray areas, as long as the new genre of EVs are still simultaneously competing against other EVs as well as ICE vehicles.
I think we can classify Tesla as "TECHxury"

Reactions: Rovin
I’ve seen this question a while back but I don’t recall the answer:
My profile is completed except for proof of insurance. I’m in one of the states where the requirement is that the Tesla VIN must appear on the policy. Do I wait for the VIN or upload my current insurance card?
I asked my SA about the insurance thing after someone else posted here that completion of that constituted profile completion - he (SA) said that "Proof of insurance is the final step but won't delay your delivery timeline. We understand that you cannot complete this step until you've been assigned a VIN." so I think it's the personal info and the financing info that is relevant.

Last edited:
Reactions: TDriverCS
I asked my SA about the insurance thing after someone else posted here that completion of that constituted profile completion - he said that "Proof of insurance is the final step but won't delay your delivery timeline. We understand that you cannot complete this step until you've been assigned a VIN." so I think it's the personal info and the financing info that is relevant.
I agree with this…I did not upload any insurance information and got my VIN over the weekend for a 5/15 order…an 84 day wait, which may be slightly longer than normal, but within the expected range. I *did* upload insurance information pretty quick after getting the VIN, though, so that I did not lose the car…being in MI, things are a little different with having to buy the car before it can cross the state line.

Reactions: TESRP
Woke up this morning to a VIN. #246....

Damn near anti-climatic after waiting for so long and vicariously living through all the others with VINs and delivery appointments and actual...wait for it...CARS!

Waiting to hear from Tesla on delivery dates. In Texas so have to get everything nailed down before I can take delivery.

Excited.
YAY!!! Congratulations!! I'm so happy for you.

Reactions: GregalseT and TESRP