Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My opinion, for what it's worth.
1. If you're doing seasonal swaps, I'd get some actual winter tires. Look for something with the Three-Mountain Peak Snowflake symbol
2. I would look for something in the 18" or 19" wheel family, with narrower and non-staggered set up. Tires will last longer, have more traction, and ride will be noticeably better. 21" summer tires to 21" AS tires won't yield much improvement in ride quality. Plus you can actually rotate your tires for even wear. Also tires are significantly cheaper as an 18" or 19", with much wider selection
3. It's easier to get second set of (18" or 19") wheels to permanently mount your winter tires to. Seasonal swaps will be much quicker and easier, can even DIY

I remember DIY swapping out my summer wheels for the winter ones on my 2001 BMW E46 3 series. What a PITA that was. Not nearly as bad as attempting to use the spare tire as a means to DIY rotate my own tires. Jack up front driver, take off wheel put on spare. Jack up rear passenger, take off wheel, put on tire from front driver... etc.

It was also a time in my life when I didn't have the responsibility of kids, so I had time to DIY.

If you're not seeing freezing temps, then you can probably get away with summer only tires. For me it was also an issue with the road conditions where I live. I've learned the hard way with low profile tires how quickly the cost adds up on blown tires & bent rims.
I mean I’m in Austin TX so winter here means like a month of maybe like lows of 40 something? Not including the freak storm last year but I wouldn’t have driven in that anyway. Seems insane to get winter tires for that…

I get what you're saying, don't disagree. Tesla is sort of creating its own category of Premium EV. But like others have said previously, price isn't a good determinant of luxury or premium.

Nissan is not a premium brand or luxury brand, but some of their offers are quite luxurious. And yes, they sell a basic $15k Versa that gets you around reliably and cheaply, and a $211k GT-R NISMO that will kick serious ass.
Even if its not based on price. The M3 and MY are both quiet equipt with double pane glass windows, a sunroof like no other, and 15" wide screen home base entertainment system with 14 speaker that will rock your world, the best autopilot system ever paced into any vehicle, a comfortable ride system with cushioned vegan leather, and to top it all off performance never seen an in EV. The MY/M3 is ahead of its class. ULTRAPREMIUM seems like a great fit for these cars. You can't compare any other car on the road right now. The Mustang EV doesn't even compare and it's the closest to the MY.

Feels like Tesla is starting to wind down the East coast deliveries and focus on west and midwest deliveries for their Quarterly revenue push. Hate to say it to you all, but it seems like you are casualties of the system. By end of august if us in illinois/ midwest don't take delivery/ have a vin we'll be joining you in the october/ november/ december camp

yep same for us too...for like a 2 week period the EDD would move back 1 day at a time, every single day, and then BOOM - VIN, and then a week later schedule delivery
See, I was looking at my EDD history over the last few weeks and I noticed that, aside from the weird day where my dates slipped into September, my EDD has been basically the same date range but the front date slipping one day... it's kind of been that way for a week and a half now. Hopefully some good news soon

Feels like Tesla is starting to wind down the East coast deliveries and focus on west and midwest deliveries for their Quarterly revenue push. Hate to say it to you all, but it seems like you are casualties of the system. By end of august if us in illinois/ midwest don't take delivery/ have a vin we'll be joining you in the october/ november/ december camp
Oh yay me! This is not something folks wanna here lol. I don't wanna wait till December.

I also dont think this is 100% true, i have seen soooooooo man Teslas from CA assigned. If you go to CA forum, like every day its bam bam bam.

Reactions: MBx4
Finally got an EDD after weeks of nothing…10/9-10/29. We will see if it holds

Reactions: TESRP
I also dont think this is 100% true, i have seen soooooooo man Teslas from CA assigned. If you go to CA forum, like every day its bam bam bam.
CA deliveries will never stop, as I said before, 1 day trucking hasn't been affected as bad as interstate/ cross country trucking. Makes sense that CA deliveries won't stop. I was talking NV, WA, OR, etc as far as west coast.

Reactions: PatrickTM
I unfortunately agree look at all the people moved out as far as December! I’m in the 2 week move back one or 2 days every day camp

My friends!!! Looks like today is the day!!!!! Just got a text from Elon!!!

Attachments

• 1E0CAD3C-8EF1-45D5-A6A5-72B884A1E485.jpeg
    1E0CAD3C-8EF1-45D5-A6A5-72B884A1E485.jpeg
    195.2 KB · Views: 65