Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Im a business owner. I own a digital marketing studio that will be 14 years old in September. Ive hired many people. You look great for the interview, but most importantly, be you. Personally, I look for real people who want to work while having fun doing so. Micromanagement isnt needed in our office.

Good luck and knock it out the park!
Anti-micromanagement here also!

• Love
Reactions: JaeTheDev
I think it is odd too, but I don't fully buy the higher revenue thing. My MYLR with FSD, 20" wheels, white interior is more than a MYP w/o FSD.

A few hundred pages ago, there was a conspiracy theory that the MYP has a higher margin vehicle, but since Tesla does not provide profit margins by model, and certainly not by trim level within a model, that theory was just a theory.

I'll bet it's as simple as there's currently far less demand for the MYP than there is the MYLR but they're still running the same ratio of builds on the production line

Reactions: PatrickTM
Clearly they are prioritizing the performance.

LR order - April 28th with may 5th completion EDD says October 17th - Nov 6
Performance - August 8th(completion same day) EDD says August 27 - Sep 16

Horrible look on Teslas part and unacceptable.
We have the exact same build (for the MYLR build).
You completed yours on May 5th, I completed on July 17th.
We are both in the Midwest.
Your EDD is Oct 17 - Nov 6, mine is Oct 6 - Oct 26.

You ordered two months ahead of me and have a window slightly after me...🤯

Curious - did you add a trade and/or financing when you completed your profile? Did you complete the Insurance step right away? I had a trade evaluation but did not apply it to my profile, and I initially completed a financing application (which I know will need to be renewed at some point). I also added my insurance at the time I completed.

I know we're all trying to make sense of this. Not trying to make a trend out of an n=2 observation, just curious....

@potter287 what was the original delivery estimate when you ordered? Ours were September for the LR and 6-8 weeks for the P. Just wondering how accurate that was in your case
Original date was June 30th! 😂

after June 30th I sat at july26th-august4th for a long while til we got closer then I was bumped to the end of august/early September up until today!

3d Maxpyder

exactly what I ordered for our Y, I have them in my Audi and I'm obsessed with the quality

No doubt that MYPs are being built/delivered faster than MYLRs.

What I also wonder is whether people that order both are having their MYLRs decelerated (or reprioritized to others) in favor of their MYP orders. If I was Tesla and could connect both orders to a single customer you bet I would prioritize the higher margin car...

Its about earnings is a bad take. Especially when it leaves a bad look as tesla. Repeat buyers are the key here. with a wait of almost 6 months that will not be the case. In 2-3 years other car manufactures will have more EV options and overall will have better communication, customer service, that alone will leave tesla is the dust. Tesla needs to do better. Be better. The only thing they have going is their charging network. But with Bidens plan on expanding charging networks, teslas advantage may not last longer.

In short tesla is thinking about today and not next quarter or next year. That ultimately will hurt the brand. Loyal customers are a big deal in almost every manufacture and they get rewarded for that.
Its a scummy look for tesla. The end.
My model Y lr is 50,9xx they are now 53,9xx. Its their fault they took so long to deliver it. Not mine, or yours.
I am not sure that I agree that other car manufacturers are any better right now. Just saw that Ford informed all Mach-E orderers that there is at least a 6-week delay because of chip shortage. The other manufacturers of EV cars are not any better in getting them to the people, and from what I have seen the delivery process is much worse. I have seen reports that dealerships are jacking up prices as people go to pick them up due to how many people want them and they know they can get more. The grass is not always greener...

Land of many superchargers! In May I went out late at night (late for me anyway) from 8:30pm to nearly midnight and collected all 7 in the Chicago burbs: Rosemont, Skokie, Glenview, Northbrook, Buffalo Grove, Rolling Meadows, then Chicago O'Hare. The route to Skokie and I think Glenview reminded me of my own 'hood and I loved it! By Northbrook and Buffalo Grove I was way out of my comfort zone in the land of Whole Foods and REI...
All of the burbs you mentioned are all a bit away from me, heh. I used to live close to Skokie, but many many years ago. Rosemont is familiar as we used to take the trains from there, and of course O'Hare is nearby. Rosemont has to be the closest from me. I am near Aurora, IL. I haven't looked at super chargers but I did see other ones around.

Tesla doesn't have dealerships, they have stores that can be sales galleries, service centers, or delivery centers.

And a Tesla Store definitely won't have a "lending department".
I didn't mean the lending department would be in a store. Of course not. Has to be in or an HQ ish building. What I meant was that the store could get you "transferred" over to their lending department.
I work in a bank, in IT, and I won't be found in a retail store, unless something took me there. I am mostly in HQ.