Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Talk about all over the board!! My similar build (only color is different) has been late Sept or Oct since the original order on 7/17 (with the exception of several days with no EDD at all). While I wish it was sooner, at least it isn't swinging from July to December and back (at least not yet...) :)
H I'm not sure if it's because of my order configuration or location but I won't complain if I actually get my vin in those days. Definitely a lot better than the December /January EDDs that some people have. Those were what I was expecting when I officially ordered since everyone was saying Q3 was already sold out.

Reactions: HelloxLuffy
I am not sure that I agree that other car manufacturers are any better right now. Just saw that Ford informed all Mach-E orderers that there is at least a 6-week delay because of chip shortage. The other manufacturers of EV cars are not any better in getting them to the people, and from what I have seen the delivery process is much worse. I have seen reports that dealerships are jacking up prices as people go to pick them up due to how many people want them and they know they can get more. The grass is not always greener...
In2-3 years this will not be the case. Also 6 weeks does not equal 6 months.

Thank you everyone for being such a huge amount of support!
I really do feel like family here!

😘😘😘😘😘😘

Dude we are so happy for you! I feel like I personally have been through some ups and downs with you over the past few weeks!! I don't know what makes me happier - you getting the job or @potter287 finally getting a VIN! This is definitely a great day!

Anti-micromanagement here also!

I started my own Web Design Studio (which now handles over 250+ accounts, reputation management, SEO, Print Design, and many other things) when a company I worked for made everyone switch from chairs to yoga balls. Again, to take away our desk chairs... and switch them to YOGA.... BALLS. When I asked why I couldn't have a regular old chair, I was told by the owner of the business (which is a large marketing firm out of Boston), that all chairs "had to match". I resigned that day. Im 300lbs, 6' 1", sleeved tattoo'd, and so on. Yoga ball? ME!?!?! No. Never. Id fall off of it.

I made a promised to myself that I'd never put an employee through such nonsense.

14 years later.... were yoga ball free at my spot. HAHA!

Last edited:
We have the exact same build (for the MYLR build).
You completed yours on May 5th, I completed on July 17th.
We are both in the Midwest.
Your EDD is Oct 17 - Nov 6, mine is Oct 6 - Oct 26.

You ordered two months ahead of me and have a window slightly after me...🤯

Curious - did you add a trade and/or financing when you completed your profile? Did you complete the Insurance step right away? I had a trade evaluation but did not apply it to my profile, and I initially completed a financing application (which I know will need to be renewed at some point). I also added my insurance at the time I completed.

I know we're all trying to make sense of this. Not trying to make a trend out of an n=2 observation, just curious....
Yes, I request o have my trade removed around the 15th of July. Some clown at tesla didnt do their job and didnt happen until July 20th. Some how it reset the date to July 20th and kicked me to the back of the que. Not a single person at the Schaumburg location can explain what happened and that there is nothing they can do. I call BS. When a mistake that bad happens and 2.5 months are wasted I am calling BS. So am I upset? Yes. especially considering the new delivery time and the performance model order I put in. I have all the paperwork and trade in info showing when it was complete. They seen it all. Apologized and that's about it.

I posted this late last night and didn’t get anything. I’m hoping now that it’s morning and those who have picked up their Tesla in the last few months can offer insight.
How do inspections work? I thought you have to accept the car before you’re able to get in to take a look? Do people reject based on external defects? I'm finally picking up my inventory car on Friday and I'm afraid it was a reject.

@CGeiser @potter287 @Prime203 and whoever else got vins today, send me your blessings too pls.

EDD Timeline:
7/13: 8/8 - 8/28
7/14: 8/1 - 8/21
7/15: 8/15 - 9/4
7/16: 8/1 - 8/21
7/23: Grayed out "Review Agreements" button appeared
7/24: 8/8 - 8/28
8/1: 8/3 - 8/21
8/2: 9/5 - 9/25
8/3: 8/5 - 8/21
8/4: 8/6 - 8/21
8/5: 8/7 - 8/21