Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I started my own Web Design Studio (which now handles over 250+ accounts, reputation management, SEO, Print Design, and many other things) when a company I worked for made everyone switch from chairs to yoga balls. Again, to take away our desk chairs... and switch them to YOGA.... BALLS. When I asked why I couldn't have a regular old chair, I was told by the owner of the business (which is a large marketing firm out of Boston), that all chairs "had to match". I resigned that day. Im 300lbs, 6' 1", sleeved tattoo'd, and so on. Yoga ball? ME!?!?! No. Never. Id fall of it.

I made a promised to myself that I'd never put an employee through such nonsense.

14 years later.... were yoga ball free at my spot. HAHA!
Wow! I guess they misinterpreted the definition of "trendy" and lost a good employee in the process! Congrats on your success!

(and, ahem, of course the forthcoming Teslas!)

• Love
Reactions: JaeTheDev
I started my own Web Design Studio (which now handles over 250+ accounts, reputation management, SEO, Print Design, and many other things) when a company I worked for made everyone switch from chairs to yoga balls. Again, to take away our desk chairs... and switch them to YOGA.... BALLS. When I asked why I couldn't have a regular old chair, I was told by the owner of the business (which is a large marketing firm out of Boston), that all chairs "had to match". I resigned that day. Im 300lbs, 6' 1", sleeved tattoo'd, and so on. Yoga ball? ME!?!?! No. Never. Id fall of it.

I made a promised to myself that I'd never put an employee through such nonsense.

14 years later.... were yoga ball free at my spot. HAHA!
Your yoga ball boss sounds like he’s straight out of The Office

Well I am stuck between a rock and a hard place. Doing a 2400 mile road trip starting oct16 centered around the model Y. I thought my may 5 completion date would of almost assured I would have it by then.
Don't feel bad. If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.

1628698713684.png

Reactions: PatrickTM
Got the link to schedule delivery in e-mail, it's a home delivery. I'm about 21 miles from the SC. Wouldn't you know the only option showing for a date is 8/20 - not only my anniversary but smack dab in the middle of a 5-day camping trip where I'm be 2.5 hours from home/SC. Proceeding with that as the first plan and early next week I will see if I can pre-sign the papers and they can drop the car off in my garage while I'm away! Car is in Iowa in transit to Chicago, then to St. Paul. Expected to arrive at SC on 8/18.

Hope this gives others insight into the process. Wishing many VINs and deliveries on everyone!

No doubt that MYPs are being built/delivered faster than MYLRs.

What I also wonder is whether people that order both are having their MYLRs decelerated (or reprioritized to others) in favor of their MYP orders. If I was Tesla and could connect both orders to a single customer you bet I would prioritize the higher margin car...
I will have to agree with you here....maybe a coincidence but as soon as i placed a MYP order, the next few days my MYLR EDD is getting pushed out while MYP EDD is steady

Yes, I request o have my trade removed around the 15th of July. Some clown at tesla didnt do their job and didnt happen until July 20th. Some how it reset the date to July 20th and kicked me to the back of the que. Not a single person at the Schaumburg location can explain what happened and that there is nothing they can do. I call BS. When a mistake that bad happens and 2.5 months are wasted I am calling BS. So am I upset? Yes. especially considering the new delivery time and the performance model order I put in. I have all the paperwork and trade in info showing when it was complete. They seen it all. Apologized and that's about it.
Ugh.

Reactions: josh62294
Reactions: ev_ts_newbie
I posted this late last night and didn’t get anything. I’m hoping now that it’s morning and those who have picked up their Tesla in the last few months can offer insight.
How do inspections work? I thought you have to accept the car before you’re able to get in to take a look? Do people reject based on external defects? I'm finally picking up my inventory car on Friday and I'm afraid it was a reject.
From what I have seen in videos and heard from others, I don't believe you should just accept it then inspect, cuz once you sign, I believe you are done and it is yours, defects and all.
If your EDD was far out and then suddenly you are offered a pick up, I would thoroughly inspect the car. For example, the cars we test drove, you couldn't tell right away, but on the Model 3, the inside panel next to the center console, on the passenger side, was completely out of it's seam and nobody cared to put it back or fix it. I was actually trying to push it back in place with my tiny legs. I was like I hope whoever gets this car inspects it thoroughly. That Model 3 was beat up.
Look at a few youtubers that describe what to look for.
I particularly like two that are very informative and helpful.