Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey everyone. I got the car yesterday! Nearly 3 months from ordering. I did a write up for the Utah waiting thread and included some specific requested info but figured I'd copy/paste it here in case others found the process helpful or interesting. I only drove the car for 10 minutes before dropping it off at the shop so still hardly feels like it's ours, but very exciting.

tl/dr: Pickup process was smooth. Car looks great.

Pickup went well! They do, in fact, deliver to Utah. At least white cars because that was basically all I saw. Although I have a friend who ordered a blue Y 7-seater a couple weeks after me and he got his VIN yesterday with pickup for Saturday, so hopefully good signs of more to come.

VIN and Scheduling
I first noticed the VIN when I did my morning EDD check. I had the Tesla Vision message then proceed with delivery. I also had an email from Tesla that night that I got around 3:00 AM. I believe I got a text around 8 AM that morning that gave me a link to schedule delivery. When I clicked it the page I landed on just said, "no available delivery times, please call this number." Or something like that. I called twice (needed to check something with my wife). The first lady wanted to schedule the delivery but the second lady said I should just wait until it let me do it through the online system since that would become available once the car was actually in SLC. I told her I'd like to schedule anyway. They could see that the car was set to be delivered Saturday, then it should be detailed Monday and ready for pickup Tuesday. I switched to pickup instead of delivery because I felt it would be easier to coordinate timing and payment that way. I ended up switching the timing of the pickup and added my wife to the registration prior to pickup so I didn't need to do it at the DMV.

Pickup - Inspection
We stopped at a bank and picked up a cashier's check. Casey at Tesla was great and showed us the car and told us to take our time. He unlocked it for us so we could take a look at the inside, too. Overall it looked great; we pointed out a few small things. He told us to make a service ticket and they'd fix them if they could.
  • Small alignment stuff. Pretty minor but the front passenger door and a spot on the roof weren't quite flush.
  • Rear view mirror. There was what looked like some glue residue or something on the rear view mirror that wouldn't come off. Casey wasn't surprised and said they sometimes replace the mirror because of that.
  • Smudges. Above the passenger seat on the ceiling there were some fingerprints. The detailer came out and got rid of 90% of it. The third row was a bit dirty so they came out and cleaned that, too. Seats looked great after.
After paying for the car I submitted a service ticket and scheduled Monday at 12-5pm for them to come address them.

Paying
After inspecting it we went inside to finalize payment. That went smoothly and then we were immediately able to see the car in the Tesla app. Based on what we had read on the website we thought we needed to have that specific car insured before we could drive off with it. Tesla told us that's not the case and they needed to change those instructions online. Apparently Utah doesn't require it at point-of-sale. State Farm also said we had a 10 day grace period. I then drove off and took it directly to the shop for PPF, ceramic coating, and tint. I should have it back Friday.

That was a lot of info. It was a smooth experience. Hope everyone has their car soon!

...almost forgot the pics
View attachment 695269View attachment 695270
Congrats! That's one nice looking Tesla... :)

After Getting Vin How Long Does It Take Someone To Reach Out To You? Got Vin Monday Night And Still Haven’t Heard Nothing…🤷🏽‍♀️🤷🏽‍♀️
When I received my VIN yesterday 8/10 I called the 800# and they told me my car was at the delivery center and was scheduled to undergo their usual preparation for delivery on 8/12. I got a text this morning with a link that gave the available delivery dates/times. My options were Friday 8/13 or Saturday 8/14. A few minutes after the text I received an email with the scheduling link. Fingers crossed you get the text/email soon.

Last edited:
Reactions: JR9386 and MBx4
Thank you text my advisor and crickets
After VIN assignment, it seems the SA's job is pretty much done and won't care, and it's up to the DS now to make sure the car is arriving on the right truck, scheduled to get prepped, etc.

Probably best to call the (510) 249-3100 that @CGeiser provided and have you give you direct contact info for your DS.

Question to you how have your MY , when you send it for PPF and tinting. how did you setup the car for the tint company? Did you just give them the tesla card or did you do some restrictions with the car like valet setup. Please let me know what you did in detail just curious. Got a appointment setup for that, don't want any Joyrides to be happening sense they will have it for 3 days
if anyone answers this, please add me to the response as i am set to drop mine off 1 hour after delivery to get dressed up and want to know best practices. ill still be taking down milage.....

Reactions: racerx2005
After VIN assignment, it seems the SA's job is pretty much done and won't care, and it's up to the DS now to make sure the car is arriving on the right truck, scheduled to get prepped, etc.

Probably best to call the (510) 249-3100 that @CGeiser provided and have you give you direct contact info for your DS.
What is DS - Delivery Service? Sorry noob question

Hey everyone. I got the car yesterday! Nearly 3 months from ordering. I did a write up for the Utah waiting thread and included some specific requested info but figured I'd copy/paste it here in case others found the process helpful or interesting. I only drove the car for 10 minutes before dropping it off at the shop so still hardly feels like it's ours, but very exciting.

tl/dr: Pickup process was smooth. Car looks great.

Pickup went well! They do, in fact, deliver to Utah. At least white cars because that was basically all I saw. Although I have a friend who ordered a blue Y 7-seater a couple weeks after me and he got his VIN yesterday with pickup for Saturday, so hopefully good signs of more to come.

VIN and Scheduling
I first noticed the VIN when I did my morning EDD check. I had the Tesla Vision message then proceed with delivery. I also had an email from Tesla that night that I got around 3:00 AM. I believe I got a text around 8 AM that morning that gave me a link to schedule delivery. When I clicked it the page I landed on just said, "no available delivery times, please call this number." Or something like that. I called twice (needed to check something with my wife). The first lady wanted to schedule the delivery but the second lady said I should just wait until it let me do it through the online system since that would become available once the car was actually in SLC. I told her I'd like to schedule anyway. They could see that the car was set to be delivered Saturday, then it should be detailed Monday and ready for pickup Tuesday. I switched to pickup instead of delivery because I felt it would be easier to coordinate timing and payment that way. I ended up switching the timing of the pickup and added my wife to the registration prior to pickup so I didn't need to do it at the DMV.

Pickup - Inspection
We stopped at a bank and picked up a cashier's check. Casey at Tesla was great and showed us the car and told us to take our time. He unlocked it for us so we could take a look at the inside, too. Overall it looked great; we pointed out a few small things. He told us to make a service ticket and they'd fix them if they could.
  • Small alignment stuff. Pretty minor but the front passenger door and a spot on the roof weren't quite flush.
  • Rear view mirror. There was what looked like some glue residue or something on the rear view mirror that wouldn't come off. Casey wasn't surprised and said they sometimes replace the mirror because of that.
  • Smudges. Above the passenger seat on the ceiling there were some fingerprints. The detailer came out and got rid of 90% of it. The third row was a bit dirty so they came out and cleaned that, too. Seats looked great after.
After paying for the car I submitted a service ticket and scheduled Monday at 12-5pm for them to come address them.

Paying
After inspecting it we went inside to finalize payment. That went smoothly and then we were immediately able to see the car in the Tesla app. Based on what we had read on the website we thought we needed to have that specific car insured before we could drive off with it. Tesla told us that's not the case and they needed to change those instructions online. Apparently Utah doesn't require it at point-of-sale. State Farm also said we had a 10 day grace period. I then drove off and took it directly to the shop for PPF, ceramic coating, and tint. I should have it back Friday.

That was a lot of info. It was a smooth experience. Hope everyone has their car soon!

...almost forgot the pics
View attachment 695269View attachment 695270
That' my exact order - are you sure you don't want to decline it (ask them to send it to GA for a match).. Congrats!

Reactions: PatrickTM
Getting very frustrated. I ordered my Y on May 6th. White, black interior, long range. I still don't have a VIN, my date keeps slipping and slipping. Currently saying late October, but my estimated delivery date has kept moving the entire time, staying about 2 months away consistently.

Is anyone else experiencing something similar?
You sure don't give up easy. How close are you to handing $100 off to Tesla and cancelling?

Getting very frustrated. I ordered my Y on May 6th. White, black interior, long range. I still don't have a VIN, my date keeps slipping and slipping. Currently saying late October, but my estimated delivery date has kept moving the entire time, staying about 2 months away consistently.

welcome to the pissy April and May club.

Issue is I need a new car, and I really really want this car haha. Is there someone else I can call other than the dealership? They have given me literally 0 answers.
Open the "Congratulations on your Tesla Model Y order!" email you received from your Tesla advisor. I received such email on the next day I ordered. On his email signature there should be his information including his address. Pay him a visit; that's what I did, and scored a test drive on the spot. After few days he contacted me offering me to take the demo car but the deal-breaker was the white seats, otherwise I could have had my car in less than a week.

yeah welcome to the club - see my signature, ordered in April and still no VIN.. does that make you feel a bit better? lol

Ordered mine 2 days after you and I’m seeing November 2-22 EDD. At least your still in the month of October.