Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MY MSM Black LR 5 Seat No Tow no FSD ordered on May 31. Delivery in Mt Kisco (because I'm in NY) but the Paramus NJ Gallery and SC is closer to my home. I had some stuff to do in NJ so I did a pop-in to the Tesla store on Rt 17. I can see deliveries going on - even some MY MSMs! - so I know there's hope. Anyway, inside the showroom they had a red M3 and a white MY and two, humorless young guys sitting at a table with laptops. One of them took my Order number and looked for a few minutes while I made small talk about my charger being installed and ready blah blah blah. He rattled off a string of disclaimers and said that it looks like my car will be assigned to me near the end of the month (when I will receive my VIN). I did not bow my head in reverence nor did i break his balls about the October debacle (I won't mess with the guy who has my Tesla account on his screen, the same way I won't mess with the person who cuts my hair with sharp objects around my eyes). I showed him my phone with the EDD 9/ - 9/21 and he said, "yeah, no guarantees but that looks about right."

I learned nothing more. I said thank you. He said nothing, although he was wearing a mask and might had told me to go f myself.

Do I feel better? Well, I did get to sit in the MY on the floor and took a picture of my existing car from the front seat of the Tesla. So no, I'm numb from this. I sell for a living and am rarely on the buy side. This whole communication-less process blows...I trust that all my friends, new and old, are right when they say it's worth it. 3 full months to wait. In about 6 more months, the BMW i4 will be out and I think people will get one of those when Tesla starts to abuse them re deliveries.

Random question here, but if you ordered online without going for a test drive, can you get a SA by scheduling a test drive? I wanted to get my reservation in after seeing how crazy the wait is (and avoid any more price increases) but I still haven't test driven a Tesla.
I ordered a week before I first test drove the MY. I had an SA reach out to me via email the day after I ordered. She was based in the nearest Tesla gallery to me. If you don't get an SA before you test drive, let them know that when you are there for the drive and they should be able to assign one to you. YMMV, some people here never got SA's assigned automatically for some reason.

Reactions: mikedjp
I ordered a week before I first test drove the MY. I had an SA reach out to me via email the day after I ordered. She was based in the nearest Tesla gallery to me. If you don't get an SA before you test drive, let them know that when you are there for the drive and they should be able to assign one to you. YMMV, some people here never got SA's assigned automatically for some reason.
Thanks, this helps. I didn’t get one assigned so I’ll try that

While we're waiting..... Has anyone had trouble ordering from Teslarati marketplace? I ordered Maxpider 3d floormats complete set on 7/13 and I have nothing. They charged my card on 7/13. I've sent an email and tried to call them with no response from either.

I realize the item is back ordered, but the website says 2-4 weeks and I'm past the 4 week point.
Tesla is building your mats now. They'll be ready in 2 weeks. Your EMD (Estimated Mat Delivery) is October.

Reactions: TESRP
Getting very frustrated. I ordered my Y on May 6th. White, black interior, long range. I still don't have a VIN, my date keeps slipping and slipping. Currently saying late October, but my estimated delivery date has kept moving the entire time, staying about 2 months away consistently.

Is anyone else experiencing something similar?
I have to be the one who asks...was there any aspect of your profile that was not completed until more recently or did you change anything at all about your order in that time? The wait starts once completed not when the order was placed and any changes could put you in the back of the line.

Reactions: PatrickTM
Random question here, but if you ordered online without going for a test drive, can you get a SA by scheduling a test drive? I wanted to get my reservation in after seeing how crazy the wait is (and avoid any more price increases) but I still haven't test driven a Tesla.
Yes, you can. Call your Tesla advisor and ask for a test drive. I did it, but I paid him a visit at the Tesla Store.

Hi everyone!

I cant post my details in my signature yet so I will list them out here.

MY7 | Blue on White | 20's | no tow - Pick Up: Springfield, NJ
Order Date 5/20 - Color Switched 6/09 - VIN received 08/11 - EDD 8/14-8/18

I had just emailed my SA last night saying if they put any demo's up for sale and received his response this morning that he will definitely let me know. I checked my EDD a moment ago and saw the Tesla Vision blue button and got my VIN (244197)

East Coast they are coming! Hang in there.

FYI a used 2020 MYP just showed up on the inventory with FSD added, it has a black interior else i would have pulled the trigger
You would’ve liked this 2021 I test drove it last Friday.

Attachments

• 5004FB7E-E90A-40FB-8E2F-446159AC65F0.jpeg
    5004FB7E-E90A-40FB-8E2F-446159AC65F0.jpeg
    938.4 KB · Views: 65
  • 46AD64AE-CE47-41A3-98CD-8979967CFA03.jpeg
    46AD64AE-CE47-41A3-98CD-8979967CFA03.jpeg
    326.2 KB · Views: 52
  • A231A61D-B5EE-4BA8-96A7-58BC6F127229.jpeg
    A231A61D-B5EE-4BA8-96A7-58BC6F127229.jpeg
    860 KB · Views: 51
  • 365E9258-4720-4623-9C0B-1714F379D2E4.jpeg
    365E9258-4720-4623-9C0B-1714F379D2E4.jpeg
    413.4 KB · Views: 55
  • EF1C153F-9DB6-4381-8314-D8DBF9AEA562.jpeg
    EF1C153F-9DB6-4381-8314-D8DBF9AEA562.jpeg
    489.9 KB · Views: 58
  • C7B357C7-8A10-4BB7-A1D7-135A36C66325.jpeg
    C7B357C7-8A10-4BB7-A1D7-135A36C66325.jpeg
    707 KB · Views: 58
  • A17F7864-42AF-4F3D-A517-F3486E23D506.png
    A17F7864-42AF-4F3D-A517-F3486E23D506.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 50
  • F2720DAD-F399-423D-B84A-86E43338C84B.jpeg
    F2720DAD-F399-423D-B84A-86E43338C84B.jpeg
    392.2 KB · Views: 54
Reactions: moe0059
Took Delivery Today,

Very good condition, very few minor issues (not worth appointments for) - ran the full checklist from github.

One potential major, possible scratch on panoramic. All issues documented with photos.

Car is now with shop for PPF, Ceramic and Tint. Tesla contracts to them for paint defects etc, they are going to inspect roof and advise today or tomorrow if it should be logged (in CO sun car is too hot, they need to get it in and under lights and cooled to inspect). Even if it is a scratch I'm iffy on having the factory panoramic replaced, as unnoticeable on the inside.

Overall the car is fantastic - but will report back once it's back from the Beauty Spa and I've truly driven it. Went straight from Tesla, to home to do the full checklist, to shop.

Keep the faith all. I'll be around.

Hey everyone, I spend most of my time over in the refreshed MX waiting room thread. With absolutely no communication from Tesla and the likelihood of MX be delivered in 2021 looking less and less everyday I'm debating a MY.

I would prefer the LR but that now has a December EDD. Has anyone here ordered a new MYLR within the last 2 weeks, and what does it give you for an EDD? I'm debating a P but not sure it is worth it for being a short term car. (My fiancé and I have been sharing one car, since I sold mine for a great price due to the crazy car market. Its just getting too difficult now) I refuse to buy and ICE and used Tesla's are just as expensive as new ones so I am here for advice. Thanks!