Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As my delivery gets closer (8/16), I need to get ready to pay my down payment, but I can’t find where to do that. Within my account I can find the section for Payment Method, but it only allows for a credit card, which can’t be used for the payment. Any ideas?
I think that the payment method you are seeing is only for the online retail "Shop". I was told today, that the"Final Payment" should appear in the account section shortly after you schedule your delivery but also within two days of delivery. So for those that scheduled deliveries more than two days in advance might just need to wait until within 48 hours of delivery day.

Not going to lie I went back and forth on both as well, and there was a Mach E just sitting at the local ford dealer for the taking, ultimately decided on the Tesla for the same reason the charging network. Though my girlfriend is now heavily interested in the Mach E (she has bought Fords her entire life, so she is drawn to it). Though I do have a friend who works in Ford's engineering team and is not happy with me for not picking the Mach E.

My wife was in the market for an EV. It was the Y or the Mach E. I test drove with her. The Mach E is "ok". Felt cheap to me inside though.

Reactions: MBx4
As my delivery gets closer (8/16), I need to get ready to pay my down payment, but I can’t find where to do that. Within my account I can find the section for Payment Method, but it only allows for a credit card, which can’t be used for the payment. Any ideas?

I think that the payment method you are seeing is only for the online retail "Shop". I was told today, that the"Final Payment" should appear in the account section shortly after you schedule your delivery but also within two days of delivery. So for those that scheduled deliveries more than two days in advance might just need to wait until within 48 hours of delivery day.
So you won't know how much the down payment is until two days before pickup?

EDD now 8/14 - 8/28, end date pushed back by +4 days....feels close yet so far. 😭

Ordered on 7/8:

MY LR AWD, BLACK, WHITE INTERIOR, 19s, AP, 5 seater
8/2 - 9/3

Modified on 7/9:
MYP, BLACK, WHITE INTERIOR, 21s, AP, 5 seater 8/2 - 9/3

EDD Timeline:
7/13: 8/8 - 8/28
7/14: 8/1 - 8/21
7/15: 8/15 - 9/4
7/16: 8/1 - 8/21
7/23: Grayed out "Review Agreements" button appeared
7/24: 8/8 - 8/28
8/1: 8/3 - 8/21
8/2: 9/5 - 9/25
8/3: 8/5 - 8/21
8/4: 8/6 - 8/21
8/5: 8/7 - 8/21
8/6: 8/8 - 8/21
8/7: 8/9 - 8/21
8/9: 8/10 - 8/21
8/10: 8/12 - 8/22
8/11: 8/13 - 8/24
8/12: 8/14 - 8/28 as of today!

Hmm, I haven't received my VIN yet, but my Tesla advisor told me you can't pay the balance with a credit card. I asked about a cashier's check and he confirmed it's ok to bring one on your delivery day.

Reactions: CSTARZZ
Imagine if the local pizza place handled orders like Tesla. Jack orders a plain pizza at 5pm. Diane who lives in the development down the street orders pepperoni at 6pm.

At the pizza place they're making

mushroom 5:00 - 5:20
meat lovers 5:20 - 5:40
veggie 5:40 - 6:00
pepperoni 6:00 - 6:20
pineapple 6:20 - 6:30 (bc who really eats pineapple?)
plain 6:30 - 6:50

So pizza is done, now it's the delivery guy. He's leaving with pizzas to deliver Diane's development at 6:15. She's eating her pizza by 6:30. The delivery guy gets back to the pizza shop at 6:45, picks up more pizzas and heads to Jack's development. Jack gets his pizza at 7:00.

So Jack orders at 5, gets it at 7
Diane orders at 6, gets it at 6:30.

And we haven't even touched on the global mozzarella shortages causing even more delays!
Also they are making Calzones (MYP) from 5:00 - 6:50 and you will get it delivered ASAP

Yeah, that's the puzzle piece I'm missing, When I applied I put 'cash'; I guess at some point I have to try to contact an SA to try to change that. I also want to find out if I buy PPF and mud flaps if they'll put them on for pick up.
Yes, either contact your SA to apply for financing asap or arrange your own financing. Either of those could take 1-3 days to get approved/accepted so if you are taking delivery in four days then I would devote your time to that now.

Reactions: PatrickTM
Someone posted yesterday that Telsa rate matched their 72 month loan with no questions or issues vs the DCU loan at the 65 month.

I'm considering doing a DCU rate match as the 1.24% is ridiculously low for a 72 month loan. I'm waiting until I have a VIN to decide and start the process.
Yea that seems correct. I reached out to the rate match team at Tesla and they said the following -

Thank you for your questions. Below are the requirements for the 3rd party approval. We request the 3rd party loan and terms match the Tesla loan. Let me know if you have any questions.

*Proof of Confirmed 3rd Party Financing must include the following items (pdf, photo, screen shot, or forwarded e-mail are all acceptable forms of proof, pre-approvals not accepted):

1. Name on loan approval

2. Interest Rate

3. Approved Terms

4. Approved Loan Amount

5. Validity Dates

Tesla will match the 65 month rate to either a 60 or 72 month Tesla loan.

So I am just now waiting for my DCU member account to get approved, will file a loan application with them soon after.

Reactions: Ladybugn
My girlfriend has been really wanting to get a Peloton, I'm usually the cheapskate and like do we really need a $2K+ bike, what other options are out there, all your talk makes me think she should just go for it now. I'm just always concerned about workout equipment getting hype for a couple months and then all losing interest after that and it collects dust.

And on a Tesla related note. For those who ordered adapters from the Tesla store, how long approximately did it take to get them? Trying to plan out logistics of things I need to do before the car is available.
Myx! Better bike, less competitive, more focused on building you up and just getting / being fit. And cheaper.

Anyone have experience with Carvana, Vroom, etc? Especially with a vehicle that still has a loan attached to it? Their offer is $4500 more than Tesla's for my trade, but if I count in the tax savings I'd get by doing the trade in on the Tesla purchase, the difference ends up being around $1k.

Vroom seemed to indicate they take the vehicle and then send me a check in 2-3 days, so ummm... no. Unless they're talking about sending me a check after paying off loan, getting title, etc.