Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Duuude - you fared way better than I did. My EDD window is still swinging by a full week daily.

Not really sure what to make of that at this point. I was closely lined up with your dates awhile back but that trend is long gone.

Back another whole week today šŸ˜ž
Damn dude Iā€™m not sure what to make of it either. Hopefully you just wake up one day with a vin out of nowhere lol

Anyone have experience with Carvana, Vroom, etc? Especially with a vehicle that still has a loan attached to it? Their offer is $4500 more than Tesla's for my trade, but if I count in the tax savings I'd get by doing the trade in on the Tesla purchase, the difference ends up being around $1k.

Vroom seemed to indicate they take the vehicle and then send me a check in 2-3 days, so ummm... no. Unless they're talking about sending me a check after paying off loan, getting title, etc.
We just sold to vroom and I wish we hadn't. So they started off by sending us the wrong paperwork twice and then we had to keep calling to make sure that they had stuff right. Then the carrier they scheduled just literally never responded to my requests to know when they would be out. It wasn't until I called vroom and said hey I have to pay to keep this car here and your not doing your part what gives... Next day the carrier was out and took our car. The part they don't tell you!!! That 2-3 days to write your check doesn't start till 72 hours after they take your car......... so they have my car and title and I still don't have the money.... I'm not happy with them. They have until tomorrow before I call again and start inquiring as to what they're doing with my money. Don't use Vroom if you can avoid it. save yourself the hassle or if you don't mind the wait use them but keep on top of them to make sure everything happens because the right hand has no clue what the left is doing if you know what I mean.

• Helpful
Reactions: PhillyGal
Another day sitting at 8/17-9/6, Iā€™m constantly thinking a VIN needs to be coming to be anywhere close to this EDD.
Iā€™ve had the same EDD as yours for the past 2 days now.. no update no VIN šŸ˜” Have you contacted your DC to get any update? I was given an update that Iā€™ve been ā€œsupposedlyā€ soft match of a delivery date of 8/24 but I have yet to see any change on EDD or VIN. I guess weā€™ll just have to wait and see..

Changed the interior color to white just now and the EDD changed from Sep2-21 to DEC
It could be one of two things. First, any change to config like that puts you in the back of the line. Second, the "December" status could just be temporary until the plan the next sprint and get a revised date for you. What was your original order date? If not too many days have passed then it could be your EDD will not change much since you went with popular interior color. But if your OD was more than a week or two ago then you are probably delayed a few weeks at least with that change.

Everything will speed up once the Gigafactory in Texas gets up and running full production.

From what Iā€™m told Iā€™ll get a vin when the car is made. Then, the car will be on a train to Chicago. After that itā€™ll be on a truck to Columbus. They said 10-14 days for travel. So whenever I get a vin Iā€™m expected at least 2 more weeks.
that's my understanding too.. so i'm expecting a VIN sometime next week if these EDD ranges are really true.

I actually have many more rides than are listed after my 1st Gen Peloton bike started having a problem where I'd complete a ride and then the system would hang. Reboot and ride was not in history. Peloton said my tablet was too old and couldn't handle the new software. A new one was $700. I argued that I was an early adopter who took a chance with Peloton when nobody knew who they were and they're telling me to pay another $700 because of that? So they offered new tablet for $500. I still balked, on principle. Rode the bike, completed my ride, wrote down my stats and let it crash. Did this for quite awhile. Every now and then a ride would save to my profile, but usually not. Always seemed the longer rides never saved. Anyway, eventually got them to $400 so I upgraded. Still bothers me that my ride history is not "complete".

</peloton sidebar>
We have a 1st gen Peloton as well and about 6 months ago received an email from them with a code to upgrade our touchscreen for $400 off (normal price was $750). We actually didn't do it until a month ago when I decided to get it for my wife as an early birthday gift... I'm surprised you didn't get one of those emails as another 1st gen purchaser...

</peloton sidebar>

Also, our SA said our Y is coming in August still, even though our EDD says Nov 10 - 30. 5/14 order date. So yeah...

Anyone have experience with Carvana, Vroom, etc? Especially with a vehicle that still has a loan attached to it? Their offer is $4500 more than Tesla's for my trade, but if I count in the tax savings I'd get by doing the trade in on the Tesla purchase, the difference ends up being around $1k.

Vroom seemed to indicate they take the vehicle and then send me a check in 2-3 days, so ummm... no. Unless they're talking about sending me a check after paying off loan, getting title, etc.

We just sold to vroom and I wish we hadn't. So they started off by sending us the wrong paperwork twice and then we had to keep calling to make sure that they had stuff right. Then the carrier they scheduled just literally never responded to my requests to know when they would be out. It wasn't until I called vroom and said hey I have to pay to keep this car here and your not doing your part what gives... Next day the carrier was out and took our car. The part they don't tell you!!! That 2-3 days to write your check doesn't start till 72 hours after they take your car......... so they have my car and title and I still don't have the money.... I'm not happy with them. They have until tomorrow before I call again and start inquiring as to what they're doing with my money. Don't use Vroom if you can avoid it. save yourself the hassle or if you don't mind the wait use them but keep on top of them to make sure everything happens because the right hand has no clue what the left is doing if you know what I mean.

i haven't used both.. i sold to carmax.. they took my car and gave check on the spot. carvana and vroom being online, it's hard to sell.

From what Iā€™m told Iā€™ll get a vin when the car is made. Then, the car will be on a train to Chicago. After that itā€™ll be on a truck to Columbus. They said 10-14 days for travel. So whenever I get a vin Iā€™m expected at least 2 more weeks.
when i spoke with someone at the 888 number, she said the car goes into the production line once you complete the order, and VIN is assigned closer to being shipped to delivery center. i honestly would love to know at what stage a VIN gets assigned. if I don't have a VIN yet and that means its not entered production yet, there's no way i'm getting my MYLR in the 8/21-9/10 range.

Reactions: Brad497