Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is property super repetitive, but for those that aren't showing an EDD, your source code might still show it.

Picking up a new inventory MY5 on the 23rd and my account doesn't show a VIN nor the EDD, just my pickup date.

Source code has both, though. My EDD moved up a day from yesterday (from Aug 14-20 yesterday afternoon to Aug 13-19 this morning) after checking the source code on both days.
Dumb question. How do we look at source code?

I wish there was an option when making the order where you could check all acceptable options, instead of building one car, and then they match you with whats first available, seems like it would be more efficient on their end, and it also seems like while some people want one specific build, there are a large margin of people who dont really care what interior or exterior color it is and would pay for whichever.

Surprise. Another day. Another one day push on the front end of my window. Closing in on 3 weeks of this trend.
Same. Always and forever exactly 15 days away. Now Aug 29-Sep 12. Today marks 15 weeks since my order date. I really hope I get my VIN next week, but this 1 day shift has been happening since early July. 1 day, every day, for more than a month. So I think I’m officially now the definition of insanity 🤷‍♂️ Although being 15 weeks in, I actually don’t expect a different result when refreshing my account page so maybe I’m not insane after all? 🤔

Held there for 2 days and now I’m down to 10/23-11/12. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Honestly I don’t need a new car and only decided to do this given the inflated used car market. At this rate I’d probably defer my delivery a few months and try to take advantage of the tax breaks resetting in 2022. Is there any reason not to do that, except for maybe my delivery slipping so far that the tax sales limit is reached before I get it?
And now up to 10/9-29. Seeing as how the SA thinks I’ll be assigned a VIN in late September, it makes sense that my delivery would be October.

Reactions: TESRP
Does anyone have an idea what performance model Y sell for currently on vroom and caravans? With only like 1000 miles? Just curious.
MYP says delivery at end of month still.
Long range says end of October. Vastly different order times as well.
I was kind of wondering that, too. I think it would be interesting to see what comes up if you stuck a new Model Y you'd just taken delivery on in those systems.

I have a cyber truck reservation too and I'm sort of thinking about adding FSD--it'll probably be two years before mine is delivered and by then FSD may actually be FSD and cost $20,000. An immediately available cybertruck with no miles and FSD might be worth $100K by then.

Reactions: PatrickTM
Hey friends!

I’m hoping to get some help with a question since my sales advisor and store are ignoring me.

I’m looking to add FSD to an order I placed 7/1. I plan on keeping the car for 10 years and think it makes sense at that point. Is there a way I can do this? Thanks!

And another week push out. Now at Oct 19 - Nov 8. Original was Sep 12-30. Nothing new to any of old timers here, but a fresh round of frustration for me.

So, Tesla gets 100 orders, 80 for MYLR and 20 for MYP. They’re short on a part that’s common to both builds and can only build 30 cars. Should they build 30 LRs? 30 Ps? I’m guessing they plan out 20 Ps and 10 LRs (more revenue/margin to weather the shortages). Then a bunch of people order more MYPs… time to replan the production schedule, 30 Ps it is. So long LR suckers!

I’m not whining (entirely). If I lived anywhere other than Minnesota I might do the same thing. But no way will the tires on the MYP hold up in the winter, and no way will the ride be manageable on our less-than-ideal roads. So in addition to the price differential I need to budget a second set of wheels/tires and consider a suspension upgrade (downgrade?).

No thanks, I’ll just rant and whine for the next 2-3 months.

Oh, forgot to mention, my EDD moved back on day October 11-31. 4-5 months for a June order. Nice!
Wow, and early June, too. I have the same window with a mid-July order. I'm thinking maybe November is more likely for me because it seems like if you don't make the end of quarter rush there's a lull until delivery volumes pick up again. And it seems like most of the end of quarter rush is focused on the west coast, and I'm all the way east.

When I ordered the estimated time was October, and now if you order a month later it says January. It's hard for me to reconcile three months worth of orders coming in in one month, and on top of that by the end of the year Texas will probably be cranking out at least some cars.

Last edited:
Hey friends!

I’m hoping to get some help with a question since my sales advisor and store are ignoring me.

I’m looking to add FSD to an order I placed 7/1. I plan on keeping the car for 10 years and think it makes sense at that point. Is there a way I can do this? Thanks!
login to your tesla acc, go to your order and there you should see option to add FSD