Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm curious if many of the state representatives running out of the state to Washington DC to avoid discussion and voting on some bills contributed to the legislature not bringing this item to the House floor.
I think it has to do more with the legislature being lobbied by car dealerships. Elon should have negotiated this provision before deciding to build in Texas. Unfortunately he had to make the decision in a non legislative year.

Reactions: MBx4 and Ormond
Ordered 6/13.

Last month the bet with the wife was would our first child or the Tesla get here first. I think you can figure out what won. As of yesterday I’m a proud papa with no Tesla.

Now I’ve got way more time to read the forums in agony rocking my child hoping he doesn’t wake mama 😂.

Current EDD: 8/23-9/12
That’s fantastic. Congratulations! You are beginning life’s most challenging and rewarding journey. Now we need to get you a safe car to drive that newborn around in. I say, “MOVE DIETCOKE TO THE FRONT OF THE LINE” Who’s with me?

I just noticed that the EDD for ordering a MYLR today is January 2022, probably April or May really, and the MYP is "5-7 weeks" ... Tesla is really screwing things up.
The only semi-acceptable explanation is that they just have the MYP and MYLR on totally separate production lines, there's way less demand for the MYP, and there's no way to switch one over to the other. If that's not the reason, then the MYP is being prioritized purely to boost quarterly profits.

Reactions: racerx2005
Today's Update:

OD: 5/31 | MY LR | B/B | 20" Induction | 5 seats | No FSD | No tow | EDD: 8/29-9/12 (One day shift from 28th to 29th because that is all that ever happens)

OD: 8/14 | MY P | MSM/B | 5 seats | No FSD | No tow | EDD: 8/29-9/17 (shifted overnight from 9/3/-9/23 > this thing is actually probably going to deliver before my May order... I'm speechless)

*I think I have to update my avatar now....

Finally took delivery 8/12. No issues with the car or delivery. White interior is really white and the seats are amazing. I've had my 3 for 3 years and this Y is another level up. I can't get over how much bigger it is than the 3...front and rear well storage is alot bigger. The 19" tires are huge compared to the 3's 19". It has the hepa filter and I didn't smell one outside odor on the 2 hour trip home. It also came with FSD preview and shows stop lights and speed signs which is cool. I guess they took summon away because I didn't see it. I did asks the SA if they had any swag and he brought me out the small model 3 diecast like the one they had 3 years ago so I took that :)
Congrats. I ordered the same setup

I didn't know that. Is this why Tesla passes them through the delivery centers?
No - Tesla's own delivery centers are just practical brick and mortar places to store/hand off vehicles. Usually they are tied to service centers too, which need to be in person for certain repairs. But they're all Tesla-owned, with Tesla employees. Unlike actual "dealers" which are third party. The point was competition being good for consumers but when a handful of people/families own a ton of dealerships, the point becomes moot. Their lobby is super powerful.
It's different now though, used to be we would have had to go to Cleveland, but now as long as we pay before it crosses the state line it can be delivered here now. I'm picking mine up in Clarkston, but I also can't use Tesla financing and have to use a third party CU we went with Tesla's recommendation of Alliant.
That's a tiny step but still infuriating.
I'm curious if many of the state representatives running out of the state to Washington DC to avoid discussion and voting on some bills contributed to the legislature not bringing this item to the House floor.
It's state-controlled. I haven't followed closely why/how at the Federal level the US hasn't challenged states rights to legislate car sales (or whether they should) but unfortunately I can't see the Federal level being any more favorable to Tesla given how many pockets they've hurt.
I think it has to do more with the legislature being lobbied by car dealerships. Elon should have negotiated this provision before deciding to build in Texas. Unfortunately he had to make the decision in a non legislative year.
Yup, yup, yup!

My rant for Monday morning.

Last word to me from my SA and Tesla 800 number was my MY was scheduled to be delivered on August 17. I've had co-workers say they've received their Tesla's before scheduled delivery earlier this year. I'm trying so so hard not to call and harass my SA on where the location of the car is. I'm pulling whatever hair I have left out of my head!!!!

Reactions: TESRP
Tried reaching out to Tesla to change my payment from cash to loan and have gotten nothing but crickets. I didn’t get an SA assigned so not exactly sure who else to reach out to. Anyone have deets on an actual person at Tyco that I can call/text? My current EDD is Aug 24-31. They haven’t yet reached out regarding delivery.

My rant for Monday morning.

Last word to me from my SA and Tesla 800 number was my MY was scheduled to be delivered on August 17. I've had co-workers say they've received their Tesla's before scheduled delivery earlier this year. I'm trying so so hard not to call and harass my SA on where the location of the car is. I'm pulling whatever hair I have left out of my head!!!!
You're on the edge of the promised land. You can do this! haha!

Tried reaching out to Tesla to change my payment from cash to loan and have gotten nothing but crickets. I didn’t get an SA assigned so not exactly sure who else to reach out to. Anyone have deets on an actual person at Tyco that I can call/text? My current EDD is Aug 24-31. They haven’t yet reached out regarding delivery.
I have heard from lots of folks that you don't want to switch to a finance option until you get that VIN. Outside of showing up / calling a a service center or sales center, not sure?