Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm doing an MYP test drive tomorrow - if I like it I might make a reservation for 1 and whichever lands first is the one I'll get.
1629228337077.png

Today my EDD got pushed back a day on both ends. Back to Sep. 8-28.

I know it’s tough waiting for your Tesla, but those of you that are at wits end need to find a way to chill. My concern is your anxiousness may pressure you to accept a car that shouldn’t be accepted. The pressure you’re putting on yourself is worse than that of a salesman at a dealership!

I’m not trying to be a smart***. I just don’t want anyone suffering through the wait and then regretting that they accepted a car with x, y, or z issue. Imagine accepting your car and then having to send it back to the shop for a few weeks.

Tom
Nah, I’d much rather have to take my car into a repair center for a certain amount of time than have to go back into the queue and wait for an uncertain amount of time. Thats why I’ll probably be accepting the car as long as it’s drivable.

What will you do with the other order? Guess just lose the $100 order fee? No other fees to cancel?

im thinking of doing the same, have LR on order with EDD 10/20-11/9
I'll cancel it and lose the $100 reservation fee. Still haven't decided about the MYP until I test drive it. Living in an all-season State I am not a huge fan of needing different tires for a more expensive vehicle.

thank you!!! just checked out Martian, the best part is you've already said they are high quality, but there are also limited choices making the decision easy! Tesla Model Y 18
Cool! Make sure to post some photos after you delivery of your Model Y and (potentially) 18" wheel set up. Lack of choice does eliminate analysis paralysis!

Another benefit of 18s is maybe a percent or two of efficiency gain. Since we're all going to lose efficiency in cold winters anyway, going studless + smaller wheels should at least reduce the impact a little bit.

Reactions: TESRP
Ok so literally this is how my EDD has acted in the last 2 months.
It has always stayed at 2 weeks from current date, and a two week duration window.

The last number will stay the same until Friday, the first number will move back one day at a time giving you hope.
Let me show you the sequence.

Monday: Aug 26 - Sep 9
Tuesday: Aug 27 - Sept 9
Wednesday: Aug 28 - Sept 9
Thursday: Aug 29 - Sept 9
Friday: Aug 30 - Sept 13

So the first number moves daily, and the last number moves every 5 days.

Every week it’s the same thing, as dates move further back, and away from VIN assignment.
That is frustrating aF!

EDD continues to push out one day at a time only on the front end. Today it’s 8/19-9/2. A 14 day window, the smallest it’s ever been.
Mine has the same pattern, only the front moves one day more ( to today +2 ) each morning. So 8/19-9/5 for today, probably 8/20 tomorrow.
So once this gets under 10 days, that is the time to be hopeful? Or should I say, be prepared for soul-crushing disappointment?

Reactions: TESRP
I'm doing an MYP test drive tomorrow - if I like it I might make a reservation for 1 and whichever lands first is the one I'll get.
Apparently the guy who test drove before me reprogrammed a predefined route they have up on the navigation system for test drives. We didn't know this at the time and weren't really following it, but then after driving for a while it was easier to let it start directing us. It took us to his house. I can't help but wonder if he was one of us on this forum and just wanted to see what his car would look like parked in his driveway.

I use Evernote and I've tracked every EDD change on my order. The date has changes FORTY TIMES since May 31. in 79 days. It's all about expectations. I was ruined as soon as the initial EDD at order of two weeks was blasted out to August (and then, of course, October).

Two truths: one: i love you guys in this forum. informative, supportive, smart, caring and empathetic. and two: i wish i never came here because watching this *sugar* is making me crazy AF.

I celebrate the VINners here! and when i look at the signatures and see a more recent order date, it chaps my ass.

onward through the fog!