Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
come down to NYC and mostly Long Island ... it's "infested" with Teslas; you'd see MY's on every corner

I bet...you guys have multiple Tesla stores and service centers and obviously a lot more people. The closest Tesla store to us is Mt. Kisco and the closest service center is Rochester. I know a lot of hesitant would be Tesla buyers if Tesla had a Syracuse presence...maybe one day.

Since my 6/21 order, I've already....

Purchased:
* Mud flaps
* Matte screen protector
* Performance pedals (since I have the LR)
* Tesla 14-30 adapter
* 25' 14-30 extension cord
* Homelink
* 3d Maxpider floor mats (still on backorder after 5 weeks)
* Adams Graphene coating kit (already put it on wife's BMW)

Already had but will be always in car:
* Tire repair kit
* Portable compressor

Considering:
* Rear spoiler

Not considering:
* PPF
I am not considering PPF as well. May be just for front bumper if the cost is below $1000.

Since my 6/21 order, I've already....

Purchased:
* Mud flaps
* Matte screen protector
* Performance pedals (since I have the LR)
* Tesla 14-30 adapter
* 25' 14-30 extension cord
* Homelink
* 3d Maxpider floor mats (still on backorder after 5 weeks)
* Adams Graphene coating kit (already put it on wife's BMW)

Already had but will be always in car:
* Tire repair kit
* Portable compressor

Considering:
* Rear spoiler

Not considering:
* PPF
get this silicone license plate frame ... I got it for my future MYP; upon delivery I bought it again for all my other cars: Amazon.com: Aootf Black License Plate Frames-2 Pack Silicone License Plate Cover Front & Rear Tag Slim Holder with Stainless Steel Screws, Screw Caps, with Rust-Proof. Rattle-Proof. Weather-Proof. for Women & Men : Automotive

Reactions: mikeds86
Today my EDD got pushed back a day on both ends. Back to Sep. 8-28.

I know it’s tough waiting for your Tesla, but those of you that are at wits end need to find a way to chill. My concern is your anxiousness may pressure you to accept a car that shouldn’t be accepted. The pressure you’re putting on yourself is worse than that of a salesman at a dealership!

I’m not trying to be a smart***. I just don’t want anyone suffering through the wait and then regretting that they accepted a car with x, y, or z issue. Imagine accepting your car and then having to send it back to the shop for a few weeks.

Tom

I bet...you guys have multiple Tesla stores and service centers and obviously a lot more people. The closest Tesla store to us is Mt. Kisco and the closest service center is Rochester. I know a lot of hesitant would be Tesla buyers if Tesla had a Syracuse presence...maybe one day.
and I'm following this thread for the new Superchangers being built on Long Island: Long Island, NY - Fast Charger Locations 2021

Today my EDD got pushed back a day on both ends. Back to Sep. 8-28.

I know it’s tough waiting for your Tesla, but those of you that are at wits end need to find a way to chill. My concern is your anxiousness may pressure you to accept a car that shouldn’t be accepted. The pressure you’re putting on yourself is worse than that of a salesman at a dealership!

I’m not trying to be a smart***. I just don’t want anyone suffering through the wait and then regretting that they accepted a car with x, y, or z issue. Imagine accepting your car and then having to send it back to the shop for a few weeks.

Tom
Excellent advise...a rude awakening for me atleast...i was just trying to be ready to accept anything but the fact that any issues later will be much worser than the wait itself needs to be kept in mind

Easy way out is to buy wheels from companies that specifically make them for Tesla. I really like Martian Wheels as a company because they're a small business that makes fully forged (aka super strong) wheels that fit various Tesla models. I've previously emailed the founder/CEO Drew on some tire/wheel questions and he is a true gearhead, very passionate about Tesla and his work. No, I'm not financially or personally affiliated with them in any way.

I think T Sportline makes quality products as well, it seems based on stories. Or, you can go into Tire Rack or any other store, and look for the same bolt pattern. Bolt pattern is technically called Pitch Circle Diameter (PCD, measurement of the diameter of the imaginary circle drawn through the wheel bolts). Model Y PCD is 5X114.3

With regards to a wheel that fits over the brake, 18" wheels that were specifically designed for Model Y will fit, and anything 19"+ will fit. For other 18" wheels make sure they have a good return policy!
thank you!!! just checked out Martian, the best part is you've already said they are high quality, but there are also limited choices making the decision easy! Tesla Model Y 18

Reactions: TESRP and PatrickTM
Yea i was looking at your signature and i can’t believe the ride you been into. 4 months that’s ridiculous, did you put your order on hold? Hoping you get your vin soon. I hate jumping in front of people but teslas system is out of whack. My brother ordered 2 days after me and received his a month ago. I asked my SA that and she couldn’t explain why, atleast its an honest answer which I appreciate.
Nah, never changed anything. Just waiting...

Reactions: TESRP
My SA told me 10 days ago that I would have my LR within my original estimate (2-12 weeks when I ordered). Today starts week 12 so I texted her to see what the generic response is this week.

Also - is anyone else patiently waiting for the next Fremont Flyover video to be posted? Haven't seen one since August 4th.
Yes i need that video!!!!!

I know SA's are not always most helpful or knowledgeable but I spoke with one who said Syracuse and Buffalo are next in NY State to get service centers. Supposedly the Syracuse location will be in Liverpool and is supposed to be open by the end of 2021 or beginning of 2022. But there is obviously no way for me to track that lol but it was very specific and this was a non-Syracuse SA I was speaking to.