Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've had that in the back of my mind for my order as well...maybe it is the 7 seat config that is hurting me and delaying my order so much. But I have seen others get VINs with 7 seats that ordered after me so then I think well maybe that doesn't matter after all...then I think maybe it is the blue/white combo - then I see people get those. Then I think it must be North Carolina - then I see people in NC get VINs.

And then I realize I continue having these random conversations with myself and all I do is think about my why I haven't received my Tesla yet. I think it is just about beer-thirty here. Time to get this weekend started.
I'm with you. Been pounding beers all night.

Reactions: GoGators!
Just got my wall charger mounted in the garage and spent $6000 getting it installed! Took 3 guys 6 hours to do the whole thing. So fantastic having a separated garage that required a full yard trenching, complete garage rewire for the existing outlets (it was built in 1954 according to the pencil mark on the garage wall), 100 Amp breaker installed in the house, 100ft worth of line and conduit through the house, down the trench to the new subpanel in the garage, and a required GCFI outlet (to make the garage up to date code-wise) and charger install. That... stung. Then getting the garage router which acts as a repeater to the main house router for those software updates.

All I can say is do your research because if you have a house like mine, consider it a long term home improvement. (Wish I had an attached garage now.)

I'm ready now to get the car delivered. The single green light on the white glass is taunting me.

For me, its been steady all week Sept 9-Sept 29 for Devon, PA. Lets do this Tesla!

Just got my wall charger mounted in the garage and spent $6000 getting it installed! Took 3 guys 6 hours to do the whole thing. So fantastic having a separated garage that required a full yard trenching, complete garage rewire for the existing outlets (it was built in 1954 according to the pencil mark on the garage wall), 100 Amp breaker installed in the house, 100ft worth of line and conduit through the house, down the trench to the new subpanel in the garage, and a required GCFI outlet (to make the garage up to date code-wise) and charger install. That... stung. Then getting the garage router which acts as a repeater to the main house router for those software updates.

All I can say is do your research because if you have a house like mine, consider it a long term home improvement. (Wish I had an attached garage now.)

I'm ready now to get the car delivered. The single green light on the white glass is taunting me.

For me, its been steady all week Sept 9-Sept 29 for Devon, PA. Lets do this Tesla!
I have an attached garage but because of the placement of my breaker box and limitations of finished basement I’m going to need ~100 feet of conduit and wire to reach the garage. $3k for the install.

I went to the Tesla store which is also my DC and SC and my SA showed me the spec of my VIN and when it was built 😊. She also showed me my “soft match date” and delivery to SC date for my original MY order of 5/27. Which has been pushed back from 8/17 then 8/24 and most updated soft date was 8/31. 🤦🏻‍♀️
Congrats on the inventory car, hopefully i get assigned to your order. From looking at your signature we have the same exact build.

I have an attached garage but because of the placement of my breaker box and limitations of finished basement I’m going to need ~100 feet of conduit and wire to reach the garage. $3k for the install.

I think it makes the wait worse (but doesn't change anything). You got X amount of $$$ spent to get ready and just don't have the car.

Either way, I'm still excited. Seeing more deliveries each day gets me PUMPED!

That’s a pretty broad question, but I’ll assume you’re talking about your insurance premium. I would call your insurance company for a quote. Everybody here is different. Different demographics, driving histories, coverages, providers, gap + rideshare needs,etc.

Some people pay $250 per month because they live in a high insurance area and have just one car policy and points on their record. Some people pay $50 per month because they’re 60 years old, drive 20 miles per month, and have 8 policies in one bundle deal.

For me, I currently have a 2015 Prius, a homeowner insurance policy, and some other odds and ends like jewelry policies and stuff. They charge me $60 premium per month for a 100/300/100 policy with collision and comp, $500 deductible. We ran the numbers and adding a second car (Model Y LR) it would be an extra $70 per month, same coverages. I’m a married 30 year old.th
Thanks for the detailed response. I agree that it depends on a lot many things but needed a general idea. My current rate on one car is @ $45 per month so hopefully it does not result in steep premium increase. Checking with insurance company is the best thing though. Thanks,

Reactions: PatrickTM

We also had to upgrade our service, the original 200 amp service was maxed out with the AC draw and electric dryer. It was a good investment since we used the additional breaker box for other needs. But man that little 500 dollar charger installation turned into a much bigger project.

I went to the Tesla store which is also my DC and SC and my SA showed me the spec of my VIN and when it was built 😊. She also showed me my “soft match date” and delivery to SC date for my original MY order of 5/27. Which has been pushed back from 8/17 then 8/24 and most updated soft date was 8/31. 🤦🏻‍♀️
Our VIN is 245 and Birthday is Aug 5th

We just bought a house and had a whole home generator installed. The electrician included the 110v outlets in the garage (to be able to open the garage doors as well as charging the car) but indicated that while it would be fine to use the 110v outlet in the garage to charge the car when the generator was running, he wouldn't hook up the 240v outlet. I believe it was because that would use up too much of the available power when we needed the generator to power other major systems in the house.
You might want to see if NEMA 5-20 (20 amps, 120 volts) or even NEMA 14-30 (30 amps, 240 volts) would be acceptable. The Tesla will only draw 80% of the rated amperage. This is negotiated before the car draws current. You could also ask about 6-20 and 6-15. These are all better/faster than the standard 5-15 and Tesla sells adapters for them all.

Reactions: PatrickTM
Delivery day... :cool::cool:o_O
IMG_2594.jpg
IMG_2608.jpg
IMG_2623.jpg

Did anyone else lose the link for adding insurance? I was planning on getting a quote from Tesla once the link changed to blue (apparently once the vin is assigned), but I decided I was just going to add my current insurance info - but all of the insurance links seem to be gone. Is it just me, or am I looking in the wrong place?