Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
People say fingerprints, but that has not been the case for me. It gets just as many fingerprints as the bare screen or a glossy screen protector. I just wipe it off with the microfiber cloth I keep in the center console for my sunglasses. But truly - when you are sitting somewhere charging or waiting, or just driving and the sun is at the right angle shooting in at the screen, the glare is terrible, The anti-glare screen protector helps in that situation a ton and is worth it. I would just go for a while without one to see what you think, and if you notice the glare is annoying enough go for the anti-glare protector and see what you think.

The negative I would say is it does make the screen a little less sharp, but obviously you stop noticing that 5 minutes after you put it on and unless you were looking at it side-by-side with another one without the screen you won't notice.
thanks for that. Yeah I heard about it making the screen less sharp due to matte. I'm going to look into getting protector.. thanks for the suggestion. I'm also planning to get my front windows tinted to match the rear. Wondering if that might reduce glare.

Has anyone been able to purchase a wall charger? Seems they've been sold out for weeks.

Also - has anyone attempted adding a swivel to their screen? I'm very interested in this not having a dash display in front of the steering wheel

The Telsa Store has a feature that it will notify you when it is back in stock. I received a notice and ordered on Friday. Almost immediately sold out again!

BTW, I also ordered a garage opener. The opener shipped - but surprisingly it takes over a week to go from Calif to the No. Virginia area! The wall charge has not shipped yet, so I assume well over a week from order to delivery.

Been a bit quiet... Got my MY? No that's not it. Went on vacation? Nope didn't do that either. Mental Health? Ehhh, maybe... Who am I kidding, I didn't want to read 30 pages a night when the book is mostly tragic with some bright spots. I am more of a sci-fi / supernatural book person so I'd rather read that. :)

All kidding aside, congrats to those getting VINS!

I am at day 82 of an original delivery range of 64-92 days.... Nearing 2 weeks out from the earliest EDD (9/8)... I'm an East Coaster so I would hazard a guess it is 2 wks to ship to the DC from the West coast. I am hopeful I see a VIN in the next 7-10 days, but bracing to start the 1 day slide front and back any day now...

Screenshot 2021-08-23 095030.png

Screenshot 2021-08-23 095105.png

Has anyone been able to purchase a wall charger? Seems they've been sold out for weeks.

Also - has anyone attempted adding a swivel to their screen? I'm very interested in this not having a dash display in front of the steering wheel
I have not done it in my M3...I've thought about it, but I promise after driving for a day or two (or really maybe even like 10 minutes) you never even think about the fact that you don't have a display in front of the steering wheel. I know it is hard to believe, but that's what happened with me after I took delivery of my M3 last year. It was weird for a second, but you just immediately get used to it and since that day I have never even thought about wishing I had a screen behind the steering wheel. If there was one there, I would be happy with that I'm sure (like in the Model S) but since there isn't and hasn't ever been, I haven't missed it at all.

As far as the swivel screen, the reason I have considered it is mainly just for when I am watching Netflix or playing a game on the screen when I'm by myself at a Supercharger or waiting on someone in the store, etc. But I'm sure it would be nice to have it tilted toward you all the time while driving. Just kind of on the fence with messing with that screen at all...something happening to it would be quite unfortunate 😁

Reactions: TESRP and PatrickTM
I know a lot of Tesla folks and haven't heard of anyone I know personally installing a swivel screen. As someone who got very used to a Model S having a gorgeous behind-screen display but transitioned to mostly driving the 3 with relative ease, I'd advise to drive the Y for a few weeks to see if you get used to it.

Reactions: TESRP and PatrickTM
Been a bit quiet... Got my MY? No that's not it. Went on vacation? Nope didn't do that either. Mental Health? Ehhh, maybe... Who am I kidding, I didn't want to read 30 pages a night when the book is mostly tragic with some bright spots. I am more of a sci-fi / supernatural book person so I'd rather read that. :)

All kidding aside, congrats to those getting VINS!

I am at day 82 of an original delivery range of 64-92 days.... Nearing 2 weeks out from the earliest EDD (9/8)... I'm an East Coaster so I would hazard a guess it is 2 wks to ship to the DC from the West coast. I am hopeful I see a VIN in the next 7-10 days, but bracing to start the 1 day slide front and back any day now...

View attachment 700336

View attachment 700337

I've been reading Octavia Butler's Parable of the Sower series. It's really good with great new concepts/ideas and still surprisingly relevant.