Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New to this forum, been stalking mostly. Now i have some things to report.
Order Date w/ electronically accepted terms 6/15/21
EDD 9/6 - 9/9; this the shortest delivery window i have seen
Vin# assigned today ending #54143
MYLR black and black with no extras

Questions...is this Vin for an older car? I saw some people say this vin might be from someone's reject?
Agreements...this button is still greyed out; will this change soon?
Wall Charger...should i order this now while waiting for the car?

Any other suggestions or advice from anyone out here? I feel so clueless and out of my element. Any assistance greatly appreciated.

Thx!!!

New to this forum, been stalking mostly. Now i have some things to report.
Order Date w/ electronically accepted terms 6/15/21
EDD 9/6 - 9/9; this the shortest delivery window i have seen
Vin# assigned today ending #54143
MYLR black and black with no extras

Questions...is this Vin for an older car? I saw some people say this vin might be from someone's reject?
Agreements...this button is still greyed out; will this change soon?
Wall Charger...should i order this now while waiting for the car?

Any other suggestions or advice from anyone out here? I feel so clueless and out of my element. Any assistance greatly appreciated.

Thx!!!
No - a 254 VIN is a new build. Congrats!

Agreements button will come closer to delivery.

If you are getting the wall charger I would order now…otherwise just install a 14-50 and use your mobile connector.

Reactions: TESRP and PatrickTM
No change to EDD today, still sitting at 10/25-11/14. I'm officially 30 days in since my order date. Its a marathon...
teslachart_20210823.png

*Yellow line is based on the high date of the EDD.

No - a 254 VIN is a new build. Congrats!

Agreements button will come closer to delivery.

If you are getting the wall charger I would order now…otherwise just install a 14-50 and use your mobile connector.
@unbrokenchain3 if it indeed is 254143 then most definitely, that's fresh out of the oven! Congratulations.

Who told you that it might be someone's reject? What do they know and how do they know it?! Lol. Also, remember that people reject cars for many reasons, not just for build quality. Financing issues/delays, scheduling (72 hour rule), or the fact that people's needs may have changed after waiting for 4 months are all causes for rejecting a car.

Wall *Connector*: I personally would not bother with a wall *connector*, unless your local utility/government is paying you to get one. A 240v NEMA 14-50 outlet + $45 Tesla UMC adapter is going to be my set up. I'm a cheap bastard. If you want to the slightly faster charge speed, cool looks, some extra features, and ability to keep the UMC cable in your car all the time, then get the wall *connector*. But get it quick! Because that damn thing is always sold out and you'll most likely have your car for a month or more before you can get it installed.

Last edited:
@unbrokenchain3 if it indeed is 254143 then most definitely, that's fresh out of the oven! Congratulations.

Who told you that it might be someone's reject? What do they know and how do they know it?! Lol. Also, remember that people reject cars for many reasons, not just for build quality. Financing issues/delays, scheduling (72 hour rule), or the fact that people's needs may have changed after waiting for 4 months are all causes for rejecting a car.

Wall *Connector*: I personally would not bother with a wall *connector*, unless your local utility/government is paying you to get one. A 240v NEMA 14-50 outlet + $45 Tesla UMC adapter is going to be my set up. I'm a cheap bastard. If you want to the slightly faster charge speed, cool looks, some extra features, and ability to keep the UMC cable in your car all the time, then get the wall charger. But get it quick! Because that damn thing is always sold out and you'll most likely have your car for a month or more before you can get it installed.
I'm the same way. Even my electrician said unless you really need those extra 2-4 miles an hour with the wall charger, save yourself $1K+ and just do the outlet. heck I might even get a 2nd mobile connector and a wall hanger so I can keep the current mobile charger in the car. Thats only $275

@dusty_dev that's actually standard industry practice for all new cars, regardless of OEM. Others have asked about this before in the past, but long story short it could have anywhere from 2 to 200 miles, but most likely right around 10 miles is the norm.
@dusty_dev We took a test-drive last week at the Brentwood, TN location. Due to a series of curious events on Tesla’s part, they ended up letting us take this MY that they had just unloaded off the semi. It’s not a demo car, it’s assigned to a customer 😬😂, and it only had 3 miles on it—let’s just say it had a few more than that when we took it back lol! They also forgot to put a dealer plate on it, so we drove it all over for about 45 minutes with no tag 🤷🏻‍♀️😂

Attachments

• 9E774B74-B90A-463F-97D8-90334139314F.jpeg
    9E774B74-B90A-463F-97D8-90334139314F.jpeg
    717.4 KB · Views: 41
Off topic for this thread, but having been in here for so long it kinda feels like a little support group. I also know several others are moving kids into college over these past few weeks, and this weekend was our turn - dropping off a 2nd year student who had to spend his 1st year at home due to the pandemic.

All I'll say is that forget stress in regards to waiting for a car.

The 7.5 hours 400+ mile drive from the suburbs of Philly to Penn State Erie was fun. Laughing, joking. Like in the countless marathon drives to hockey rinks we'd taken since he was 5. It was exciting moving in, setting up his room. He was excited, we were excited. Walked the campus, checked out all of the things to do. Took him out for a few dinners over a couple nights. Nothing but brimming with excitement over this new chapter.

Those parents who have dropped kids off at college know what I'm about to say next. That moment when it's time to say goodbye. Wow. Talk about unexpected. That completely helpless feeling a parent has when seeing their child, who rarely, if ever shows any kind of emotion, get choked up and struggle to hold back the tears when it came time for us to leave. Trying to keep the conversation going so we'd stay. He knows nobody there - yet. He's outside of his comfort zone. He's outside of his circle of friends. He's scared.

Then having to just rip the band aid off and leave.

I'm sure there are many nodding while reading this. He'll be fine, no doubt. Next time I go up he'll be rushing me to go home so he can go hang with friends. But still... right now?

Suffice to say, FSD would've come in very handy on that drive home!

Ok, now back to complaining about EDD's.

Why would it break down, though? For the last 4 months I’ve charged it from as low as 5% all the way up to 100% and had no issues. GM is just trying to CYA on the fires so they’re instructing everyone to not run them completely down or charge them completely up. It isn’t a matter of it breaking down, just attempting to keep any of them from catching fire. That’s what I don’t want to happen is it catch fire.

I’ve taught him how to drive stick, but he only drove in parking lots never on the street.
Plan for the worst, hope for the best.

@dusty_dev We took a test-drive last week at the Brentwood, TN location. Due to a series of curious events on Tesla’s part, they ended up letting us take this MY that they had just unloaded off the semi. It’s not a demo car, it’s assigned to a customer 😬😂, and it only had 3 miles on it—let’s just say it had a few more than that when we took it back lol! They also forgot to put a dealer plate on it, so we drove it all over for about 45 minutes with no tag 🤷🏻‍♀️😂
That's awesome for you, and I'm glad you got to test drive it, but I'd be pissed if someone was using my car for test drives! 😆

Has anyone been able to purchase a wall charger? Seems they've been sold out for weeks.

Also - has anyone attempted adding a swivel to their screen? I'm very interested in this not having a dash display in front of the steering wheel
We got our Tesla charger in July, and installed August 19th. Now it’s just taunting us, waiting for a MYLR and a M3LR. Hopefully they’ll be back in stock soon ?

I'm the same way. Even my electrician said unless you really need those extra 2-4 miles an hour with the wall charger, save yourself $1K+ and just do the outlet. heck I might even get a 2nd mobile connector and a wall hanger so I can keep the current mobile charger in the car. Thats only $275
I have a couple thoughts here:

1. Can't take your NEMA outlet with you, so it is a sunk cost. I can take my WC with me, so only installation is sunk (this makes it sting a little less)
2. WC can manage multiple cars charging down the line
3. I am a worrier/preparer, and have a second baby on the way. A couple extra mph helps set my mind at ease. Will I need that extra 3 miles to make it to the hospital for delivery or to rush a kid to the ER? Probably not, but who knows!

Despite the priority I listed these in, it's mostly #3 for me.

Reactions: PatrickTM
I posted my conversation with an SA in Charlotte over the weekend a few pages back, and she confirmed I have one of the rarest combinations which is likely causing my delays.

But - I do wish Tesla would let you pick multiple options when ordering. I think it has been said on here before, but when ordering, I should be able to say this is my ideal build in my ideal pickup location. But I am also good with this color and these wheels, and am willing to pick up at these 3 locations. Whichever combination can be delivered first, I'll take it or if I decide not to, I'll pass and it can be assigned to the next person.
Maybe it’s the tow package. If so, I would removed it.