Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Made it all the way to Mt. Kisco for my delivery only to find out that my car has a paint chip in the front bumper.

Unfortunately I have to take delivery as I have no way home to Rochester and don’t want to have to come all the way back.

They are telling me it will take up to 2 weeks to get the bumper into my local service center to have it out on which also screws up my plans for ceramic and PPF next week. Not to mention I’m nervous the paint won’t match my white exactly.

Such a happy day turned south. :(

Attachments

• D8075BC0-6156-4597-B70A-8D60C06C2843.jpeg
    D8075BC0-6156-4597-B70A-8D60C06C2843.jpeg
    554.3 KB · Views: 63
  • EA302E45-D895-465C-96EE-9A1171CE9CF2.jpeg
    EA302E45-D895-465C-96EE-9A1171CE9CF2.jpeg
    477.9 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
Reactions: TESRP
I have a couple thoughts here:

1. Can't take your NEMA outlet with you, so it is a sunk cost. I can take my WC with me, so only installation is sunk (this makes it sting a little less)
2. WC can manage multiple cars charging down the line
3. I am a worrier/preparer, and have a second baby on the way. A couple extra mph helps set my mind at ease. Will I need that extra 3 miles to make it to the hospital for delivery or to rush a kid to the ER? Probably not, but who knows!

Despite the priority I listed these in, it's mostly #3 for me.
I completely understand that and everyone has their reasons for the Wall Connector for sure. For me though, a 14-50 outlet is less than $10 so not a big deal as far as not being able to take it with you. The wire to run from the breaker to the outlet is the most expensive part. But that still pales in comparison to the wall connector. I do like the way it looks, and I like that you can leave the mobile connector in the car instead, but for the occasional road trip I just take the mobile connector with me just in case. Otherwise, it just stays plugged in all the time in the garage.

Reactions: TESRP and PatrickTM
Maybe it’s the tow package. If so, I would removed it.
Exactly! She did mention tow in combination with my color combo was very rare. I would have totally been willing to pay the extra $200 to buy it after the fact if I would have known that would cause significant delays to my order (although I think the blue/white/7 is the real problem - tow hitch just adds to the rarity that much more). It is frustrating that they can't provide more info...I have lost way more than $200 in trade-in value on our Sequioa since it has taken so long to get our MY.

I have a couple thoughts here:

1. Can't take your NEMA outlet with you, so it is a sunk cost. I can take my WC with me, so only installation is sunk (this makes it sting a little less)
2. WC can manage multiple cars charging down the line
3. I am a worrier/preparer, and have a second baby on the way. A couple extra mph helps set my mind at ease. Will I need that extra 3 miles to make it to the hospital for delivery or to rush a kid to the ER? Probably not, but who knows!

Despite the priority I listed these in, it's mostly #3 for me.
everyone has to do whats right for their situation, so absolutely do what you feel comfortable with. For me it was a cost benefit situation because the mobile connector only pulls 32A, that meant only needing 40A to the outlet, so that reduced the cost of the install, and still provides me with enough juice to feel comfortable, but thats my situation.

Do I think the wall charger looks awesome, hell yeah I do! But I did opt to have them install home surge protection vs the wall charger, so that gave me piece of mind as well.

@GoGators! Ordered on 8May21. I would absolutely NOT edit the order in any way this close to a VIN. This would increase update his price to current pricing and play Russian Roulette with possibly being sent to the back of the line.
Especially with the EDD so close and at a window under 20 days. @GoGators! Has to be getting a VIN any day!

No update on EDD here either. been sitting at 9/8 - 9/28 for at least a week still.
We’re taking delivery at the Littleton SC. Our EDD has been 9/2-9/22 since August 13. We took a test drive last week for fun in Nashville and she was showing a “soft date” of 9/12 for our order. Maybe our cars will be truck buddies 😊

Ordered 5/17 (profile complete same day). Shipping to Mt. Kisco, specs are in bio. MSM paint. CT resident. No VIN 😡
Waiting Duration:
14 weeks
98 days
2352 hours
141,120 minutes
8,467,200 seconds (and counting)

Will someone build and ship my car please. Christ
MSM & black to Mt Kisco ordered on 5/31. I think we’re in the same (ignored) boat.

Reactions: Riggs11
Made it all the way to Mt. Kisco for my delivery only to find out that my car has a paint chip in the front bumper.

Unfortunately I have to take delivery as I have no way home to Rochester and don’t want to have to come all the way back.

They are telling me it will take up to 2 weeks to get the bumper into my local service center to have it out on which also screws up my plans for ceramic and PPF next week. Not to mention I’m nervous the paint won’t match my white exactly.

Such a happy day turned south. :(
I did ask Tesla if they could do something to make it right and they gave me some kind of charging adapter that gives you 30 miles per hour as opposed to the regular one. It’ll be nice for the road but I have the wall connector installed at my home. I guess something is better than nothing.