Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MYP is set to touchdown around the 5th. Ordered some new 20” wheels, all season tires, mounted and balanced with factory sensors. Shipping will be around the 9th for them, just in time for colder weather here in RI.

I went “EVish” with the wheels, and kept it “turbine” and light weight. I think they’ll look great with the red calipers shining through on the MSM exterior!

Might not be for some, but I like! Thoughts?

View attachment 700797
View attachment 700798
looks sharp! Personally to deal with the crap roads around here I may swap the 20's out for 18" or 19"... really depends on what kind of weather you expect to encounter. On my x5 I went from 21's to 20's with dedicated winter performance wheels and the tread depth left me wanting more, so when I switched to the x3M I swapped the 21's with 19's and felt a world of difference in snow and ice driving compared to the 20's I had on the x5 - I kept the tire brand and model the same, they were pirelli P zero's.

EDD hasn't changed since 8-16. It's been holding steady at 9-15/9-30.
If I didn't have my 911 to drive until the Y gets here I would be very tempted to order a Performance.
I hate waiting but need to keep things in perspective.
I'm with you Arthur... Driving my 2002 911 Turbo since June, sold my daily while prices were crazy high. The fun in driving the car has been lost with having to use it every day, not just on weekends... I'll be putting it into storage within weeks of my getting my MYLR, I've driven it enough!

I’m so fed up with FedEx and Tesla. Never in my life have I had issues with FedEx saying something was delivered and it not actually being delivered. Until I started buying Tesla accessories.

two nema adapters were marked as delivered. They investigated and said they were delivered. Nope. They weren’t. I wfh. FedEx never even drove by. Tesla had to send a second adapter out each time.

And now my trade in documentation I need to sign. Says delivered. Nope. Nothing here. I was in my living room. FedEx truck didn’t even drive by. What is going on. It’s only with Tesla. My buddy in CA had this happen to with his adapter.

Reactions: TESRP and PatrickTM
My front date is listed at 96 days from my order and profile completion date. Hasn't changed in 3 days, but it was originally sitting early-mid September for a LONG time with my SA telling me September 20th or earlier was likely. Coming up on the half century mark with no light in site. 😂

PS. The SA's don't really know anything and just give you their best guess, which is as good as your own.
I wasn’t assigned an SA, and went to the Tesla store 2 weeks ago for the first time since ordering on 5/26. I had no idea what my completion date was, so they looked up my order and told me 6/7.
I also asked if I was assigned and SA, or if I could get one, and the SA told me it’s kind of pointless to have an SA. They don’t make any commission, and really have no control over the process or timelines. I live in Seattle, so it’s not super inconvenient for me to stop in and ask questions. I’ll probably go back next week if I don’t have a VIN by then to see if they have any guesses.
But hey, at least now I know my order date was 6/7, not 5/26! 😂

EDD holding steady at 9/5 - 9/25
Anyone know how Tesla’s are transported up to WA? I assume with the insane volume it’s by rail?

Fffffff….Tesla’s are only for people who can write them off for business expenses? I may have messed up……my wife is going to kill me.

Oh well, you only live once. I’m going to spend my money however I want, I worked for it. At least my EDD isn’t in November….I will be mad sad if my EDD pushes to November some day.
Whoops! 29 year old me really screwed up ;)
I’m so fed up with FedEx and Tesla. Never in my life have I had issues with FedEx saying something was delivered and it not actually being delivered. Until I started buying Tesla accessories.

two nema adapters were marked as delivered. They investigated and said they were delivered. Nope. They weren’t. I wfh. FedEx never even drove by. Tesla had to send a second adapter out each time.

And now my trade in documentation I need to sign. Says delivered. Nope. Nothing here. I was in my living room. FedEx truck didn’t even drive by. What is going on. It’s only with Tesla. My buddy in CA had this happen to with his adapter.
This happened with a referral prize Tesla "sent" me. I got it Idunno like a year later.

#TeamBlue here as well. Ordered 6/1, MYLR, basic config with induction wheels. EDD been consistently Aug 23rd thru Sept 12th for a week or so. SA claims to have no info, yet others get build date estimates. What an odd experience this is.
Same experience here. Called my SA and Tesla customer service number and they claim ignorance on status and repeat the same standard line.. the EDD is not accurate and we need to track EDD after VIN is assigned. However, they can’t tell me when my VIN will be assigned. Very frustrating.

Reactions: TESRP
I don't get it though. Are people really just sitting back and leaving the car to navigate around emergency vehicles with flashing lights? by law, you're supposed to slow down and move over, people are expecting the car to do that? I don't get how people running into emergency vehicles WITH flashing lights on AP is the fault of the car maker. That's just dumb people in my opinion. Investigate the DMV who issued them drivers' licenses.
Unfortunately, as a population our intelligence is questionable at best. Municipalities have laws, first responders have flashing lights, cars have legal warnings, AP has "wheel jiggle" reminders, but a large number of people will STILL do what they can to push beyond the limitations of the system. Law enforcement agencies around the country have been issuing text and drive tickets en mass for over a decade now, but plenty of drivers would still rather risk the $200+ ticket than to just be safe and courteous on the road. To say nothing of drunk driving. These are ongoing battles and the govt should not let up. So yes, I agree with you that for the AP abusers, they should absolutely be held accountable for the damage/injuries they cause.

That being said, I don't think it's dumb for the govt to investigate in order to fully understand the scope of the problem, including AP limitations and how and why users misunderstand or abuse AP. This is going to be a bigger issue as AP is now widespread and Tesla vehicles aren't just driven by Tesla geeks, but also mass consumers who don't research the hell out of their cars. I see this issue the same as traffic engineers that have to redesign a dangerous or high risk intersection. If there's one intersection in town that has more crashes than any others, then it warrants an investigation into why, and what can be done about it.

Caveat: I like Tesla, I think they make decent cars. But I am not a toxic fanboy who thinks the company can do no wrong. I'm just a lowly shareholder. They're a company run by people, and all people make mistakes from time to time.

Last edited:

I’m 110% with you on this one! Had to poke Tesla to even get them to finally ship. They finally ship two weeks after I ordered and in separate packages - these are onesies. WTH - FedEx says attempted delivery - no they did not - then they deliver the next day. The other package (same address) they say they can’t deliver because there is no apartment number - are you fricken kidding me. Way too much time trying to get Tesla to add the apartment number - package is finally delivered and guess what - it’s not a onesie - it’s a man’s tee - again are you frickin kidding! So here we go with Tesla shopping - can’t chat you can only email - just lovely!

• Funny
Reactions: PatrickTM
I’m 110% with you on this one! Had to poke Tesla to even get them to finally ship. They finally ship two weeks after I ordered and in separate packages - these are onesies. WTH - FedEx says attempted delivery - no they did not - then they deliver the next day. The other package (same address) they say they can’t deliver because there is no apartment number - are you fricken kidding me. Way too much time trying to get Tesla to add the apartment number - package is finally delivered and guess what - it’s not a onesie - it’s a man’s tee - again are you frickin kidding! So here we go with Tesla shopping - can’t chat you can only email - just lovely!
Yea it seems to be a recurring theme from what I’ve been researching. Idk how an entire company can have so many issues with FedEx. Something weird is going on.

I'm with you Arthur... Driving my 2002 911 Turbo since June, sold my daily while prices were crazy high. The fun in driving the car has been lost with having to use it every day, not just on weekends... I'll be putting it into storage within weeks of my getting my MYLR, I've driven it enough!
Ha same for me. Sold my truck and race car when the market was hot. When I complain about having to DD the 911 my wife lets me know I sound like a spoiled brat.

• Funny
Reactions: PatrickTM
Ha same for me. Sold my truck and race car when the market was hot. When I complain about having to DD the 911 my wife lets me know I sound like a spoiled brat.
Every time I complained about having to wait for the Tesla to my wife she’d ask me if I need to cry about my first world problems. Always helped me put things in perspective.

Unfortunately, as a population our intelligence is questionable at best. Municipalities have laws, first responders have flashing lights, cars have legal warnings, AP has "wheel jiggle" reminders, but a large number of people will STILL do what they can to push beyond the limitations of the system. Law enforcement agencies around the country have been issuing text and drive tickets en mass for over a decade now, but plenty of drivers would still rather risk the $200+ ticket than to just be safe and courteous on the road. To say nothing of drunk driving. These are ongoing battles and the govt should not let up. So yes, I agree with you that for the AP abusers, they should absolutely be held accountable for the damage/injuries they cause.

That being said, I don't think it's dumb for the govt to investigate in order to fully understand the scope of the problem, including AP limitations and how and why users misunderstand or abuse AP. This is going to be a bigger issue as AP is now widespread and Tesla vehicles aren't just driven by Tesla geeks, but also mass consumers who don't research the hell out of their cars. I see this issue the same as traffic engineers that have to redesign a dangerous or high risk intersection. If there's one intersection in town that has more crashes than any others, then it warrants an investigation into why, and what can be done about it.

Caveat: I like Tesla, I think they make decent cars. But I am not a toxic fanboy who thinks the company can do no wrong. I'm just a lowly shareholder. They're a company run by people, and all people make mistakes from time to time.

Hi,
Long(est)-time autopilot user here. (Literally, the first morning, 7am eastern) and I approve this message. My only add-on is that I'd like to know if Tesla AP really does crash more than other cruise control or driver assistance systems on a per use or per mile basis. It may very well be the case - and if so, investigate away! It'll make us all safer in the end.

There are a lot of reasons why I suspect Tesla AP crashes are *reported* more, not that they *happen* more.

Yes, I'm pretty sure I always use my turn signal there. I will try to make sure I have autopilot fully disengaged but I think the lane departure warnings work even with no autopilot.
Gosh, that would be annoying. I wish that lane depart warning would let up if the driver uses their turn signal to move into the shoulder/breakdown lane. I see that you're in NM, but in the Boston area there are some highways with insanely short off-ramps. So if I can use 50 feet of shoulder to more safely slow down without impeding traffic or go full slam on my brakes, I would definitely exercise judgment and use that space.

Reactions: BitJam
Could you kindly share where you've purchased the wide angle mirrors? Thanks!
I got mine from Hansshow. I used the discount code from this video. You may be able to find something similar much cheaper on Amazon. I did not get the blue tint because I heard it can conflict with tinted windows making what you see in the mirror too dark. Or something like that but I don't have hard evidence that this is a problem. The replacement mirrors have defrosters but don't have the auto-dimming feature.