Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No EDD change thus far. Sad face.

Also, I don’t think what @Tom_July_2021 said was remotely offensive.

We obviously all have means beyond the average American. Some are paying cash and it’s no problem. Some are paying cash and it’s most of their savings. Some are financing 100%.

Opportunity costs are real. Spending 10-15k on accessories when you’re 25 is like blowing 100-150k when you retire. (Expected ROI on investment)

Cars are famously terrible investments and I think Tom was trying to help people avoid putting themselves in a bad spot. Perhaps preaching to himself.

I think it’s uncharitable to assume someone’s intentions are bad. This thread has been a really positive place. Let’s stay kind. 😊
Except this is a delivery thread on a Tesla forum, not a thread asking "can I afford this/should I buy this?"
Sure, it may be intended to be "helpful", but it was unsolicited with a lot of assumptions. We're not talking finances here, so no one is posting enough information about themselves to get financial advice for. I don't know the first thing about anyone here other than we're (mostly) all waiting for Model Ys.

I really don't understand how people are saying, with such certainty that the reason a Performance model delivers so quickly is because Tesla prioritizes them based on higher sales price. Could it be true? Perhaps, but this statement of fact is without any evidence. I'd suggest a more plausible explanation is with such a demand for the LR, they are out of LR specific parts so they shift to production of Performance models.

Yes, the parts between the two are 80% shared but it takes just ONE of those LR specific parts to hold up production. Could be the wheels. Could be the headlights. I'm just saying that this underlying anger toward Tesla based on a speculation that they're prioritizing based on revenue is without merit. It's also more proof that if you say something enough online, people begin to take it as fact.
Yeah, I think the only thing we know for sure is that the MYP gets delivered faster. We don't know why. We can try and look for patterns, but with all things Tesla, it's just a "best guess". There's very little rhyme or reason to Tesla's chaos.

It's very well possible that there are just much fewer MYP orders, hence the quick turnaround. Like, if the MYP and MYLR order volumes switched, perhaps MYLR would be getting delivered in 5 weeks and MYP getting delivered in 12+ weeks. But who knows, too hard to confirm anything.

Ha same for me. Sold my truck and race car when the market was hot. When I complain about having to DD the 911 my wife lets me know I sound like a spoiled brat.
I DD'ed mine ('04 C2 Cab) for 2 years. Honestly it wasn't bad until I'd have to deal with a stick shift in traffic. That was never fun! It's definitely better as a weekend fun car though.

Unfortunately, as a population our intelligence is questionable at best. Municipalities have laws, first responders have flashing lights, cars have legal warnings, AP has "wheel jiggle" reminders, but a large number of people will STILL do what they can to push beyond the limitations of the system. Law enforcement agencies around the country have been issuing text and drive tickets en mass for over a decade now, but plenty of drivers would still rather risk the $200+ ticket than to just be safe and courteous on the road. To say nothing of drunk driving. These are ongoing battles and the govt should not let up. So yes, I agree with you that for the AP abusers, they should absolutely be held accountable for the damage/injuries they cause.

That being said, I don't think it's dumb for the govt to investigate in order to fully understand the scope of the problem, including AP limitations and how and why users misunderstand or abuse AP. This is going to be a bigger issue as AP is now widespread and Tesla vehicles aren't just driven by Tesla geeks, but also mass consumers who don't research the hell out of their cars. I see this issue the same as traffic engineers that have to redesign a dangerous or high risk intersection. If there's one intersection in town that has more crashes than any others, then it warrants an investigation into why, and what can be done about it.

Caveat: I like Tesla, I think they make decent cars. But I am not a toxic fanboy who thinks the company can do no wrong. I'm just a lowly shareholder. They're a company run by people, and all people make mistakes from time to time.
I watched the AI day show and I was impressed with the plans and how they're training FSD/AP on traffic so I'm sure it will get better but man, emergency vehicles WITH flashing lights though. I get if the vehicle was just parked in the way or something and you couldn't tell it was in service but with those bright colorful lights?
Govt can investigate all they want, they got to spend money and look like they are doing something. What I just don't understand is how they're thinking this is the fault of the car maker.
Oh an that article says no other car does self driving, that's a lie. My XC90 has pilot assist and my wife's RDX has something similar. I've driven on highways with both where the cars drive themselves and all I have to do is "touch" the steering every minute or so which Tesla also does on AP. This leads me to agree with someone who said it's ICE makers lobbying against Tesla.

I watched the AI day show and I was impressed with the plans and how they're training FSD/AP on traffic so I'm sure it will get better but man, emergency vehicles WITH flashing lights though. I get if the vehicle was just parked in the way or something and you couldn't tell it was in service but with those bright colorful lights?
Govt can investigate all they want, they got to spend money and look like they are doing something. What I just don't understand is how they're thinking this is the fault of the car maker.
Oh an that article says no other car does self driving, that's a lie. My XC90 has pilot assist and my wife's RDX has something similar. I've driven on highways with both where the cars drive themselves and all I have to do is "touch" the steering every minute or so which Tesla also does on AP. This leads me to agree with someone who said it's ICE makers lobbying against Tesla.

The problem here is more Elon making people believe Tesla is currently autonomous. I mean, that segment of society that will hear something and not research.

It's like the story from years ago when a woman's van ran off the road because she put it on cruise control and went in the back to attend to her child.

People can be stupid, but that doesn't make as tantalizing a headline or garner more clicks.

Reactions: PatrickTM
Bu
My front date is listed at 96 days from my order and profile completion date. Hasn't changed in 3 days, but it was originally sitting early-mid September for a LONG time with my SA telling me September 20th or earlier was likely. Coming up on the half century mark with no light in site. 😂

PS. The SA's don't really know anything and just give you their best guess, which is as good as your own.
But...their internal tool...soft match...expect your car in the next two weeks...looks like you'll get a VIN any day now...are you saying...that's inaccurate?!?😆

I DD'ed mine ('04 C2 Cab) for 2 years. Honestly it wasn't bad until I'd have to deal with a stick shift in traffic. That was never fun! It's definitely better as a weekend fun car though.
ditto. DD'ing my 991 C2S MT was both fun and annoying. I ended up having to get a Prius for most of my DD duties. A few years later, I'm grateful for the upgrade to EVs.

any word of more VIN's today??
No change for me today. Today marks 108 days since I ordered.

Still at 9/5-9/19. That's 3 days in a row now where the dates haven't changed. First time this has happened in as long as I can remember. Since at least early July, but I think even before that. I would be a little more excited about getting closer to the EDD of I knew other people still had dates moving. But it seems a lot of us have stalled with no changes.

And no VIN...

The problem here is more Elon making people believe Tesla is currently autonomous.
I suspect this is why we've seen him be more "transparent" about the true nature and progress of AP/FSD in the recent months. Toning down the "2 weeks" rhetoric in favor of more cautious optimism about the engineering challenges they're facing.

No change for me today. Today marks 108 days since I ordered.

Still at 9/5-9/19. That's 3 days in a row now where the dates haven't changed. First time this has happened in as long as I can remember. Since at least early July, but I think even before that. I would be a little more excited about getting closer to the EDD of I knew other people still had dates moving. But it seems a lot of us have stalled with no changes.

And no VIN...
dates haven't changed for me in a few days too. Edd holding at sep 3 - 18

Lo and behold, my SA called me back after a voice message I left 4 days ago :) They are slammed with calls in SoCal and he did apologize, gave me an update that they have a soft production date in the 3rd week of September so my EDD seems to be pretty accurate for him. He confirmed that this is why it stayed in that September 15-30 range for a couple of days as the factory finally has the car in the production queue! Decent news I guess, better than constant guessing game. He said that typical VIN-to-delivery timeframe in SoCal right now is 1 week.