Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Exactly and that bothers me....Tesla should be transparent...It should be buyers decision if they still like to take that repaired vehicle...maybe something like a discount can be entertained
Every new car dealership does the exact same thing though. It's not like if teenage Johnny the car jockey backs into something on the lot they won't fix it on an insurance claim and resell it as new. Technically, I think they could refurbish the entire car and if the title never changed hands it's still deemed to be new.

Reactions: PatrickTM
Same I really have no use for a MYP, just want my MY LR.

I prefer LR but I just didn't want to wait until Nov/Dec to get my car. Plus I didn't want to risk it running into 2022 and I miss this year for a tax write off. And also I don't know what the landscape of used car sales are, as it stands I can sell my 2018 Model 3 LR RWD for only $3000 less than I paid for it.

I prefer LR but I just didn't want to wait until Nov/Dec to get my car. Plus I didn't want to risk it running into 2022 and I miss this year for a tax write off. And also I don't know what the landscape of used car sales are, as it stands I can sell my 2018 Model 3 LR RWD for only $3000 less than I paid for it.

Exactly why I went MYP as well. Ive been offered 51230 for my 21 Model 3 LR, 16k on it, white on white, by an online place. Wondering if I should take it and run or keep my eBay, Craigslist, and Autotrader listings going for a bit. Trying to sell within a month or so.

Thanks. ☺️ Will have to grab a drink when we're down in Tampa visiting some college friends. I'm so excited to road trip now. It wasn't fun to long distance drive in our Honda the seats killed my back, but the seats in the Tesla were like heaven apart from being a bit warm, but I don't care cause there wasn't pain. lol

Welcome back. I’m glad you were able to get busy. I have no VIN and can think about nothing else but why my May 31 order is being ignored. Im terrified what’s gonna be in my head when I get a VIN. I get no responses from either of my SAs… for weeks…. Im starting to think that maybe I farked up my order and all I’ll get is a VIN. A $60K VIN
It’s will come don’t lose hope. It’s coming this week. It has to. Mine was May 28th.

This is insane... i refresh the page and it says prepare for Delivery... so I click on the continue bottom thinking it will give me a VIN number...
to good to be true... it just send me again to the normal page and EDD still being 10/12 to 11/01
My heart runs for a second and die again.... WTF

Anybody who has been in this situation please advice

Reactions: MMurrayGA and TESRP
Funny thing is, that car will get repaired and assigned to someone as a new car and they would never know it was in the body shop, lol.
True. Which is why it's important for us here to report VIN assignments and when we got them. It's pretty easy to tell an old VIN when a car has been sitting for 3+ weeks because that VIN will be 40,xxx below everyone else's fresh VINs. That way you can go inspect it with a fine tooth comb at the delivery appointment and ask your DS about its history prior to taking delivery.

This is insane... i refresh the page and it says prepare for Delivery... so I click on the continue bottom thinking it will give me a VIN number...
to good to be true... it just send me again to the normal page and EDD still being 10/12 to 11/01
My heart runs for a second and die again.... WTF

Anybody who has been in this situation please advice

I hate to break it to you but I've read about this and that means they are cancelling your order.

JK, hope it's just a website bug or some delay in transitioning you to a VIN.

Reactions: TESRP
I ordered 6/21, got my VIN on 8/10, and am finally picking up my MYP Thursday at 4 pm CST! So excited to have all the accessories out and ready. I will be attempting a DIY PPF install on the bumper and hood as well as a tint on the front two windows. Yikes but also Yay!
Good luck! Word of warning: it looks easy but it's really damn hard.

I haven’t been on this forum for very long, but it seems like when the last day of the EDD range is the last day of the quarter, it inevitably pushes out to the next quarter. Did that happen Q2?
In Q2 several people with VINs assigned had their VINs taken away during the last month of the quarter. If it looked like delivery within the quarter was impossible, they gave it to someone who can take delivery during that month. So for all the upcoming September folks, prepare yourself and know that it could be a dicey month for those who don't live along major distribution lines in California.

Unrelated announcement... a mighty fine gentleman has, as of yesterday, personally driven his Tesla to and charged at 1200 different supercharger locations in North America!
Poor battery. That's a lot of DC getting rammed into that thing.

But seriously though, that is truly impressive, and I love to see people stress testing their cars and sharing stories! Gotta love it. Is it S or 3?

Reactions: TESRP and MBx4
In Michigan we have to pay before the car crosses the state line. Tesla can't directly sell to us so it's a bit of a cluster, but at least the laws changed enough that we don't have to go to Cleveland to pick it up anymore.
It's similar in New Mexico. I could pay at the last minute if I picked up the car 600 miles away or I could prepay to have it delivered.