Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, the day has come that I start looking at other vehicles. This is just unacceptable by Tesla. As you can see by my signature I have a right to be upset at this point. Sold second car beginning of July so down to one vehicle.
Tesla told me they can not match a cancelled order to my vehicle or I will have to pay the new price of 539xx instead of my 50,9xx. Unacceptable. I have read in this thread of their service advisor being able to do it for them. Seeing people with much later order dates and profile completion dates get their vehicles from the same service center is upsetting.
Back in June I scheduled a vacation around the model Y in October. was assured I would have my vehicle by then. Now they dont know and my EDD is LATE October.
I hate karens but at this point I may have to ask for the manager to get a real answer.
Any advice?
looking at a suv hybrid or something along those lines. Or how would you handle this situation?
You definitely have a right to be upset. Your situation really bugs me and I wouldn't blame you for walking away at this point. I would probably go into the delivery location nearest and demand to talk to an actual human, preferably the sales manager, to see what they can do. Seems like the sales folks on the phone are pretty limited in their allowable responses.

I would not cancel but that's only because I know the vehicle and can't be happy with any other car. Hindsight is 20/20 though so no way I'd be as steadfast if I were a first timer.

Might you be able to separate engineering from sales in your own mind? The sales, communications, delivery, manufacturing all suck. Some of it isn't Tesla's fault (eg: parts shortage) but much of it is. Engineering, however, has designed the best vehicle money can buy. Those gals and guys made you a really amazing vehicle if you can just get through the muck.

Good luck!

The only reason I started getting any updates is because I was able to ditch my useless original SA and talked to a Delivery Advisor where we're picking up and he's been fantastic. Doesn't help the feeling of being left behind but they might be able to do something even if it is to do a deep dive on your account to make sure everything is ready. Sorry you're going through this, and you're right you do have reason to be upset. We were starting to look because we have no car, but AI day happened and my husband then became adamant we get the Tesla because he wants FSD eventually. Also we've ordered so many accessories that it would be just a big pain in the ass to return or sell them all. So we stuck it out.
Whats the difference between a SA and a delivery advisor? Should I go in person and speak to someone higher? Should I call and speak to a delivery advisor?

You definitely have a right to be upset. Your situation really bugs me and I wouldn't blame you for walking away at this point. I would probably go into the delivery location nearest and demand to talk to an actual human, preferably the sales manager, to see what they can do. Seems like the sales folks on the phone are pretty limited in their allowable responses.

I would not cancel but that's only because I know the vehicle and can't be happy with any other car. Hindsight is 20/20 though so no way I'd be as steadfast if I were a first timer.

Might you be able to separate engineering from sales in your own mind? The sales, communications, delivery, manufacturing all suck. Some of it isn't Tesla's fault (eg: parts shortage) but much of it is. Engineering, however, has designed the best vehicle money can buy. Those gals and guys made you a really amazing vehicle if you can just get through the muck.

Good luck!
I know Tesla is a great vehicle. I owned a model 3 performance(Early vin and life time free supercharging) I have a order for a plaid to pick up next June. Plan was wife gets model Y and I get the plaid. HOWEVER, this makes me not even want to touch tesla because their customer service is hands down the worst I have ever experienced.

Whats the difference between a SA and a delivery advisor? Should I go in person and speak to someone higher? Should I call and speak to a delivery advisor?
AFAIK the SA's work in the showrooms and DA's at the delivery centers. My DA has always seemed to know more than what the SA led on before they poofed out of existence lol. They were able to go through my account and then he said he would keep an eye out for our speck. I really would call the delivery center and ask what's going on you can go there but idk how that changes things any tbh.

I suggest that you escalate this and ask them to give you top priority(in writing would be better) so you don't get put back in line....No one would take delivery of a new car which requires body work on day 1...Tesla should know better
The sad part is that they're going to do the body work and just reassign it to another poor soul that's been waiting months and not say anything. "iT's StIlL nEw, LoOk At ThE oDoMeTeR!"

The sad part is that they're going to do the body work and just reassign it to another poor soul that's been waiting months and not say anything. "iT's StIlL nEw, LoOk At ThE oDoMeTeR!"
Agreed...Other dealers do this too but that is where Tesla needs to step up their game....i am pretty sure if they are transparent people are still willing to take such cars for delivery and its not like that car will be unsold....

Reactions: AK_MYP
Black/black/inductions LR in IL
Red/black P in NY

I tried to grab it but I kept getting a 500 error when I clicked buy :(

Yeah its pretty frustrating he(SA) just tried to tell me everyones order is pushed back about two months. I said dude, people who ordered after me and have a profile completion after me have a much closer EDD. He said well you canceled your trade July 20th. I said yeah and? you guys offered 15k meanwhile the local honda dealer offered 17.8.
What the heck does canceling a trade have to do with anything?! Pure BS!

Sorry

Well, the day has come that I start looking at other vehicles. This is just unacceptable by Tesla. As you can see by my signature I have a right to be upset at this point. Sold second car beginning of July so down to one vehicle.
Tesla told me they can not match a cancelled order to my vehicle or I will have to pay the new price of 539xx instead of my 50,9xx. Unacceptable. I have read in this thread of their service advisor being able to do it for them. Seeing people with much later order dates and profile completion dates get their vehicles from the same service center is upsetting.
Back in June I scheduled a vacation around the model Y in October. was assured I would have my vehicle by then. Now they dont know and my EDD is LATE October.
I hate karens but at this point I may have to ask for the manager to get a real answer.
Any advice?
looking at a suv hybrid or something along those lines. Or how would you handle this situation?
I’m with you on this. With a June order and an October EDD, I’ve decided to research other EVs as well. My feeling is that if there is something in my order that is causing the delay (ie tow hitch) let me know and I’ll drop that shite. The lack of communication and inconsistency is the problem.

I’m with you on this. With a June order and an October EDD, I’ve decided to research other EVs as well. My feeling is that if there is something in my order that is causing the delay (ie tow hitch) let me know and I’ll drop that shite. The lack of communication and inconsistency is the problem.
EXACTLY. Thats the issue I have. I also have tow hitch. If thats the delay remove it. But they said if they do that the price will go to 53,9xx instead of 50,9xx. Which is complete BS.

Reactions: PatrickTM
Any advice?
This really sucks. I feel for you. You should be driving around in your Y now. Looks like a standard MYLR order. Wonder why you are getting the shaft. Mach E's are also hard to come by but occasionally dealers have a vehicle that a customer has turned down. Full disclosure -- I have a backup Mach E order. The MYLR is still my first choice and I hope I get it, but if it gets delayed beyond the currently promised EDD range, I am planning to go the other way.

Reactions: PatrickTM
EXACTLY. Thats the issue I have. I also have tow hitch. If thats the delay remove it. But they said if they do that the price will go to 53,9xx instead of 50,9xx. Which is complete BS.
This is where they're messing up. Elon is all about first principals and "the simplest answer is often the right answer." You should be able to remove a problematic option without causing any other changes.

Any advice?

Id either keep waiting or pay the extra 3k for an inventory vehicle when one pops up. It’s insane youre still waiting! I agree.

Please don't take this the wrong way but after holding solid for 3 weeks with a Nov delivery my account just updated today and to my surprise I have a VIN5YJYGAEE2MF248*** and a delivery scheduled for 8/25 - 8/28. I don't want to sound ungrateful because I know people have been waiting for months for their vehicles. I am totally not prepared for the new delivery yet as I was going to pay off my old vehicle next month so I could sell it and put a down payment on the new vehicle. Also I have no financing lined up yet. How did I get a VIN so soon? How far out can I push my actual delivery date? If I refuse delivery do I go back to the end of the line for a new delivery date?

Reactions: TESRP
Please don't take this the wrong way but after holding solid for 3 weeks with a Nov delivery my account just updated today and to my surprise I have a VIN5YJYGAEE2MF248*** and a delivery scheduled for 8/25 - 8/28. I don't want to sound ungrateful because I know people have been waiting for months for their vehicles. I am totally not prepared for the new delivery yet as I was going to pay off my old vehicle next month so I could sell it and put a down payment on the new vehicle. Also I have no financing lined up yet. How did I get a VIN so soon? How far out can I push my actual delivery date? If I refuse delivery do I go back to the end of the line for a new delivery date?
I mean congrats on the VIN, yeah some folks will be salty I'm sure. I'd love that to happen to me, but I'll be cruising the inventory boards until then. If you refuse delivery due to an issue sounds like a possible 2 week wait, but if you refuse delivery right now, I do believe they throw you back into the queue

Reactions: TESRP and PatrickTM
I mean congrats on the VIN, yeah some folks will be salty I'm sure. I'd love that to happen to me, but I'll be cruising the inventory boards until then. If you refuse delivery due to an issue sounds like a possible 2 week wait, but if you refuse delivery right now, I do believe they throw you back into the queue
Where does one find the inventory? Seems like a well kept secret or I am just blind.

Don’t know for sure, but new VINS are in the mid to late 250s. I would bet your vin is a rejected delivery from someone else. Congrats though!