Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi. Day 86 waiting for a VIN. OD 5/31. MYLR MSM Black 5 std everything else. delivery in Mt Kisco NY. EDD 9/6 - 9/26. Totally non-responsive SAs so all I can do is wait. I also wrote to the delivery center and I didn’t get an answer to that email either. the delivery center about 40 mins away. I was thinking of doing a pop-in to see what I could learn. When I went to the gallery in Paramus, the boys on the floor were worthless and clueless. Ahhhh.…. What a difference a modicum of customer service would make
Sometimes, when you bitch at the server for the third time, you get some spit in your meal. Just saying...

Man oh man...I am so sorry. That is unacceptable, it sucks, and you have every right to feel frustrated. Nothing much more I can say above and beyond all the insightful thoughts from everyone else here. If I can say one thing, it's that we all know the EDD is trash and orders aren't filled sequentially. EDD moves erratically, it bounces around, and people like @Sarugby9000 got a VIN today while holding a generic "November" EDD. So you may not be as far away from a VIN as you might think.

Story time from my end: about a month ago my sister was in an accident (2010-ish CR-V), a fairly serious collision. She was stopped at a red light in a line of cars, and the driver behind her collided without even touching their brakes. Cops estimated they were speeding at around 50 mph, likely distracted because there was no braking or skidding on pavement. Thank god she and my 1 year old nephew were physically unharmed. Mentally it was very traumatic and thinking about the incident makes my blood boil and makes me want to physically choke out people who would rather play on their phones than watch the road.

Obviously that CR-V was a total loss, so she's now in the market to buy a new car. She'd been eyeing Tesla and she knows nothing about cars and has no interest in EVs, except she knows that combustion cars will be no longer sold sometime in the 2030's and she needs to get an EV at some point so she's not stuck with a dinosaur. Getting out of an accident of that intensity with her toddler son made her put safety as by far the #1 priority, with nothing else really mattering. I suggested a Model Y LR, but said if you don't want to wait four months or more, it has to be the Performance. And expect good customer service if you get a good SA, expect me to read the forums for you for crowd-sourced delivery news/insights/analysis if you don't get a good SA. She said the Performance model brought her zero value but higher price, so instead went with a German tank (GLE 350) with lots of cool tech features and a less than one month wait + white glove treatment at the dealership. They cut her a good deal (for pandemic shortage times), very responsive with lots of follow up calls/updates, and just overall a superb customer service experience. They set expectations for wait time ahead of time, and everything they did was personable, professional, well-communicated/clear - it just left a really good impression on her and she says she feels like a loyal life-time MB customer now, without even having owned one yet haha.

All this to point out that right now, Tesla is the best EV, but they're losing customers who don't care about having the best EV. Some people have an interest in Tesla, and are totally ready to buy, but would much rather have a superior customer service and buying experience. One good dealer experience can build an incredible amount of customer loyalty, and vice-versa.
Yep, this describes our experience with the E-Tron essentially to a T. The Audi dealership was willing to do darn near anything to get us into that car. If it wasn’t for range anxiety and the Supercharger network, I’d be driving that car right now. Honestly, my husband wishes we’d gone that route—especially after the customer service dumpster fire that was our Tesla test drive last week 😬😂🤷🏻‍♀️ I really, REALLY hope we love the MY as much as I think we will. And fingers crossed that we don’t have need for tons of service appointments because it’s the Wild West out here and everything is done by mobile repair 😳😂

Reactions: PatrickTM
I called my delivery center and they scheduled an appointment for me same day. From my conversation with the Delivery Advisor, it sounds like you won’t get a text until they can guarantee it will be available and on location for you. He stated my car just finished being made the night before and was waiting to be assigned transit to AZ.

Let me know that he could make a Delivery Appointment based on best current estimates that the car would arrive on 8/26, but wanted me to be aware that they couldn’t guarantee it would be ready on the 27th so I just made a pickup appointment for 8/29 to give a couple day buffer.
How did you get in contact with the delivery center instead of just the service center? Do they reach out to you once you have VIN?

I just refreshed my account on a whim and noticed that it no longer just said "Tesla Model Y" on my account. It said "2021 Tesla Model Y."

My heart stopped.

So I clicked "manage" and it loaded the Tesla Vision Disclosure. And I couldn't believe it. 2 months exactly today since I placed my order. A VIN on VINsday!!!!

Hoping everyone gets a VIN soon. Nobody should have to wait as long as a lot of you have.
What do you mean by "refreshed my account"???

Am considering a MYP but my wife test drove one today and almost puked when she stepped on it. Probably a mistake asking he to give it a try before committing. I think it’s a bit too fast. :)
My husband got mild motion sickness from just the LR we drove. Granted, he has issues with vertigo following flights and we’d just spent ~7 hours in-flight, but nevertheless I had a little laugh about it because he’s been insisting we *need* the acceleration boost ever since we ordered the LR 😂😂

Not even the order page. Just the dashboard. And I knew something was up when I saw that "2021" in front of the "Tesla Model Y."
Haha, I now feel like the year is going to be the new Easter egg we’re all dying for. Watch it just be a coincidence in your case, but really it’s just Tesla trolling all of us, like with the “greyed-out blue button” in July lol

congrats on your VIN though!!

That’s definitely odd. And you never put it on hold or made any changes to your configuration or profile? Some people have reported delays when they’ve added or removed a trade vehicle??
I never change anything. Every 30 days I have to update the Miles on my trade in and it takes Tesla 3-4 days to respond back with the new trade agreement but other then that it’s been the same since April 30th

So today's been a whirlwind day of calls it seems. So got the loan applied for and approved just waiting on a new mvpa because they had dcu instead of Alliant so that's got me a bit stressed. Tesla said it would take 24-48 hrs but I don't have that time got the vin yesterday and have to have everything done by Friday if that before it goes to the next person. oof but hopefully tomorrow they update it and then the last step is to finish the docs for the loan then the downpayment. I need a drink once this is all completed. I thought the rollercoaster had ended but it was just the set of brakes in the middle. lol

Delivery Was Yesterday… Delivery Person Was Clueless Because It Was His Second Day… Love The Car… But 3 Issues… 1. Two Huge Brown Marks On 3rd Row Seats That Won’t Come Up With Baby Wipes… 2. Two Broken Piece On 3rd Row… 3. Radio Making This Weird Breaking Up Noise… But I love The Car… Service Appointment In… Ordered May 20th, Vin August 9th, Delivery August 25th… White on White 7seater… Pickup Took About 10mins Paperwork… Two Trade In Expired, Tesla Auto Loan Expired (Went With Navy Federal Instead), SA Was MIA Most Of The Time, 1000 Up and Down Emotions, Several New Friends And This Wonderful Group… Excuse Hos Seatbelt Just Noticed… My Son Is A Mess…

Attachments

• 515CDD7F-410F-4D6E-A051-5DD48425D400.jpeg
    515CDD7F-410F-4D6E-A051-5DD48425D400.jpeg
    400.8 KB · Views: 65
  • E4BF0D97-02A0-4E1C-9005-1D8F82196CDB.jpeg
    E4BF0D97-02A0-4E1C-9005-1D8F82196CDB.jpeg
    578.2 KB · Views: 50
Delivery Was Yesterday [...] Love The Car [...] But I love The Car [...] 1000 Up and Down Emotions, Several New Friends And This Wonderful Group [...]
Congrats! Your car is beautiful! You did a wonderful job of capturing the sweet and sour experience of buying a Tesla. Remember, the car stays with you while memories of the comcast-esque customer service fade away.