Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Before placing my order I asked the SA if using cash as payment method until I got a VIN and closer delivery timeline would slow my order down, he said No it would not.

After getting my VIN switching to financing was easy for me, I emailed the SA, told him I got the vin and it's time to change to financing and all is well. Tesla definitely needs to make this more transparent to people so they don't get their credit hit multiple times needlessly.
Totally agree. Makes no sense for Tesla to ask people to apply for financing before the car is ready for delivery.

I can see them doing a pre-approval, sure, no problem - that helps people to get a ballpark figure on what could potentially qualify for, and what monthly payments might look like. But running a hard credit inquiry and applying for financing 3-4 months before purchasing a car? This is an opportunity for improvement.

No! Stay. I like your sense of humor.

haha, I can’t afford to stay. This is the most expensive car I’ve ever purchased (I know, I’m lame) and I’m refreshing a delivery thread watching people 90-100 days away from me getting their cars delivered, and some of those same poor souls not getting theirs. I’ve got carts full on 3 different sites for accessories, keep refreshing the wall connector out of stock page, am terrified of the dying MY threads, and I’m also a little hungry.

Eh, screw it, I’ve got nothing else to do until Christmas. Let’s get to day 8! 😃

haha, I can’t afford to stay. This is the most expensive car I’ve ever purchased (I know, I’m lame) and I’m refreshing a delivery thread watching people 90-100 days away from me getting their cars delivered, and some of those same poor souls not getting theirs. I’ve got carts full on 3 different sites for accessories, keep refreshing the wall connector out of stock page, am terrified of the dying MY threads, and I’m also a little hungry.

Eh, screw it, I’ve got nothing else to do until Christmas. Let’s get to day 8! 😃
That's the spirit of a future long termer!! LOL stick around and you might become as jaded as some of us!

By the way, your past the 6 post trial period, you can make a signature!

Looking through last few pages, this is really a very useful forum and there is tons to learn.

Thanks for sharing all the important details. However, all the anxious wait from everybody now also making me anxious....
Indeed this is a very useful forum w/ educational new-Tesla-owner/soon-to-be Tesla owner type discussions.

And we're also volunteer unlicensed therapists.

Welcome aboard - you have the same

Welcome - you have the same config as I do except for the Tow.

... keep refreshing the wall connector out of stock page
The email me when in stock notifications work very well. Just do that and then wait.

My personal recommendation through would be to just get a second portable charger. It will feed 32Amps into your car to get about 25-30 miles per hour of charge. Plenty for overnight charges, and only slightly less than the 40A charge you get on the "Wall Charger". At about 1/2 the cost. Then I plan to keep my other portable with the car for any trips if needed.