Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All fair thoughts. Let's see what happens! I'm glad we're not in a position where we need the car; I empathize with those that have a much more concrete need and are in the same boat of swinging EDDs.
I've been on these forums since before placing my order, when I was still deciding betwen a Model 3 or Model Y... lots to learn and also a lot to drive you crazy.

If you aren't OCD and obsessive, I recommend getting off right here and coming back when your EDD range is down to less than 15 day window and within 2 weeks of current - that's the only way to know you might be close to a VIN - and even at that point in my journey i went through over a month of one day shifts, September bloodbaths, Octoberfests and near cardiac arrests.

Too many pages, have you guys realized how serious it is, almost 6 pages since morning, hard to catch up.

Quick update on the EDD, not shaken for more than two weeks. Here n there I still see April/May orders popping out, that I am worried this sweet EDD may get stirred wildly and throw me off Q3 by the upcoming Sunday and the killer month end update.

Reactions: TESRP and Hobbsave
How often do people stick around or check the forum post delivery of their MY?? Its clear pre-delivery we are all using this multiple times a day for advice, to commiserate, pass time, or just plain OCD. I'm wondering once you have the car if people go from 10x a day to maybe once a week

Reactions: Obi Wan Kenobi
Thanks. I eventually plan on dedicated charging at home, but tearing apart the basement ceiling after just painting/finishing it (yeah, big mistake) isn't something I want to do just yet. Or to put it another way, if I don't finish the shelving in my wife's closet first, I may be sleeping in the Tesla when it arrives.

Doylestown is V3 and there's usually only 1 car there anytime I've stopped by.
Also remember charging curve and charging speed on superchargers. Insanely fast charging from 0-40%, pretty fast 40-60%, and what I’ll call “standard fast charging” 60-80%. Anything above 80% is probably not worth it in my opinion, from a time management standpoint. If you have nothing going on that day then by all means, top up to 100% at a supercharger.

So ideally, in your use case, if you had a long road trip coming up hit the supercharger the day before you leave so you catch the curve at the fastest speeds, up to 80%. And then top overnight, maybe close to 100% night before departure.

How often do people stick around or check the forum post delivery of their MY?? Its clear pre-delivery we are all using this multiple times a day for advice, to commiserate, pass time, or just plain OCD. I'm wondering once you have the car if people go from 10x a day to maybe once a week
i'll be around, might not post as much but anyone can @ me if they have a question about any of my past posts.

I also spend time reading and participating in the other subforums in the Model Y community (charging and driving dynamics mainly) so I'll be around. I'll be curious to see when EDD's and delivery times go "back to normal" for tesla, probably one of the main reasons I won't quit the forum completely.

Reactions: PatrickTM
In the past 2 months, I have hardly seen anyone coming back. Most of them ( that may include me in future) slip away once VIN is assigned.

Reactions: TESRP
Two MYP hit inventory

Key Features

1. Midnight Silver Metallic Paint
  2. 21’’ Überturbine Wheels
  3. Black and White Premium Interior
  4. Performance Upgrade
  5. Five Seat Interior
  6. Tow Hitch
  7. Carbon Fiber Spoiler
  8. Performance Pedals
  9. Performance Brakes
  10. Full Self-Driving Capability
  11. 1-Year Premium Connectivity Trial

Two MYP hit inventory
man, if it were black i would consider jumping on this although i actually don't want white interior this time LOL

Bad experience with the white interior?
Not at all, my husband has white on his MYLR we got in June and I had white on my 2019 X, it is a little more upkeep especially with a dog but easy to clean. I just had blue and white on my last 2 teslas and am making a total change so really want black on black. I actually went back and forth between Black and MSM and settled on black although hard to keep clean. but if this one had been black interior i'd be trying to hunt down my SA most likely before it got away. but my EDD is this month most likely, i need to just be patient

Reactions: dnstommy
Also remember charging curve and charging speed on superchargers. Insanely fast charging from 0-40%, pretty fast 40-60%, and what I’ll call “standard fast charging” 60-80%. Anything above 80% is probably not worth it in my opinion, from a time management standpoint. If you have nothing going on that day then by all means, top up to 100% at a supercharger.

So ideally, in your use case, if you had a long road trip coming up hit the supercharger the day before you leave so you catch the curve at the fastest speeds, up to 80%. And then top overnight, maybe close to 100% night before departure.
I approve of all of this! As the resident old head on the thread I approve every word :)