Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Only if you open and start a loan or other account (Credit Card) with them. There is nothing for Checking/Savings.
Actually there is one for checking/Savings...See the qualyfying accounts listed in their website below:

*Qualifying accounts include one of the following:​

• Checking Account with recurring Direct Deposit of your net pay, pension, or Social Security.
  • Checking Account with at least five debit/credit card transactions, bill payments, balance transfers, or P2P transfers in a calendar month.
  • A vehicle, RV, boat, or mobility loan (purchase or refinance)

Reactions: PatrickTM
I thought that setting up the Distill alerts would help qualm my anxiousness to get our Model Y. A LOT of people here have been waiting much longer than we have (we ordered 8/8), however, I am one of the most impatient people and it's driving me crazy. I think I either need to A) Stop looking B) Spend $7k more and get the MYP or C) Just be patient.

How do you all that have been waiting months deal with this?!
I am on day 34, a relative newborn in the waiting game but based on my statistics, I've refreshed my order page approximately 142 times. I've been looking over inventory of not just the Y but the 3, with an average refresh of once every 3 minutes for the past 10 days during the hours of 7am ET-6pm ET, for a total website "refresh" of 2,200 times....

I'm fine, we're all fine...

giphy.gif

I thought that setting up the Distill alerts would help qualm my anxiousness to get our Model Y. A LOT of people here have been waiting much longer than we have (we ordered 8/8), however, I am one of the most impatient people and it's driving me crazy. I think I either need to A) Stop looking B) Spend $7k more and get the MYP or C) Just be patient.

get pissed off vent, watch the latest sandy munro video and realize Tesla is so far ahead that it would be pointless and even more detrimental to cancel.

• Funny
Reactions: PatrickTM

C)-Pretty easy answer for me. Every time I wanna jump to P I remind myself why I order LR. On top of everything else when I placed my order EDD was 12 weeks. After test drive my SA told me if I place my order today (back in June) most likely I’ll get it in September. Patience is the key☝🏻😃

C)-Pretty easy answer for me. Every time I wanna jump to P I remind myself why I order LR. On top of everything else when I placed my order EDD was 12 weeks. After test drive my SA told me if I place my order today (back in June) most likely I’ll get it in September. Patience is the key☝🏻😃
Here's the thing -- I ordered the LR because of the "EPA" range and because the 19" wheels, to me, look better and I hate black wheels. We were hoping the 19" wheels would ride a little better.

Everywhere I've been reading has said that the MYP and the MYLR real world range doesn't really differ that much...

Reactions: PatrickTM and TESRP
Yes, my SA changed my order, same fee. Mine was $100 cause original order was in July before the $250 bump for deposit
Yeah, my current MYLR order fee is $100 -- I tried calling my SA, but I could swing by the showroom where I ordered and see if someone there can help me change my order.

Would it be best to just buy a set of 19" Gemini or aftermarket wheels and sell the 21" hockey pucks and recoup some of the difference the P is over the LR?

Well folks, I visited the brand new Knoxville, Tennessee service center/showroom this morning. They were putting the Tesla sign up on the front of the building when I pulled up. It's a pretty nice space, they have a model 3 and Y in their showroom and a couple of high-top desk areas for customers to place orders. They had 4 Model Y Demo vehicles out front, 3 LR and one P model. Along with a LRM3 and a few other models. My kiddos got to geek out in the showroom MYLR and I got to meet my SA, who answered all my questions. Great customer service so far! Side note, they had a sh*t ton of Tesla’s on their lot ready for delivery, which is a good sign. I'll do a quick video and post it to my Youtube for anyone interested.
Wow, they actually had cars in the showroom! There have not been any in NorCal showroom in months.

Reactions: Drock77 and ZeeMike
Wow, they actually had cars in the showroom! There have not been any in NorCal showroom in months.
They have 3 Teslas in the SoCal Carlsbad showroom, 2x Model 3, 1x Model Y. San Diego UTC showroom also has 2x Model 3, 1x Model Y but this location have had some recent weeks with completely empty floor :). They should have the S Plaid for showcase & test drives within weeks.

Yeah, my current MYLR order fee is $100 -- I tried calling my SA, but I could swing by the showroom where I ordered and see if someone there can help me change my order.

Would it be best to just buy a set of 19" Gemini or aftermarket wheels and sell the 21" hockey pucks and recoup some of the difference the P is over the LR?
I would say that's personal preference. I plan to keep mine stock, wife likes the look and she will be primary driver anyway. I have seen sets of 21 ubers w/tires going for $2500ish. So yes, you could use that towards new wheels

Here's the thing -- I ordered the LR because of the "EPA" range and because the 19" wheels, to me, look better and I hate black wheels. We were hoping the 19" wheels would ride a little better.

Everywhere I've been reading has said that the MYP and the MYLR real world range doesn't really differ that much...
My husband and I have a MYLR we took delivery of in June, it's what prompted me to order myself. I test drove a P and it is a stiffer ride and you do feel some more bumps but to me wasn't huge difference compared to the long range to me. It sounds like you should stick with your current order or surf for inventory and hope you can get to your SA fast enough to switch your reservation to whatever inventory car you may find you like before it disappears.

My husband and I have a MYLR we took delivery of in June, it's what prompted me to order myself. I test drove a P and it is a stiffer ride and you do feel some more bumps but to me wasn't huge difference compared to the long range to me. It sounds like you should stick with your current order or surf for inventory and hope you can get to your SA fast enough to switch your reservation to whatever inventory car you may find you like before it disappears.
Oh, she's basically non-responsive now. The first few days she responded immediately, now its 5-7 days before she replies.

I've been keeping an eye out on current inventory, but haven't found a LR that pops up that isn't 2,000 miles away.

How do you deal with things totally out of your control? You took the first step, you made an order. It is taking 3-4 months for order fulfillment. Expect that it will take 3-4 months, possibly longer. There are probably 100,000 orders ahead of you in the queue. California orders seem to be fulfilled at the end of each quarter. I am at 3 1/2 months and still no VIN. We are close to end of Q3. I can’t do anything to speed up the process. It is totally out of my control.

Be patient. Don’t Panic 🙀. Breathe.

Last edited:
They have 3 Teslas in the SoCal Carlsbad showroom, 2x Model 3, 1x Model Y. San Diego UTC showroom also has 2x Model 3, 1x Model Y but this location have had some recent weeks with completely empty floor :). They should have the S Plaid for showcase & test drives within weeks.
I will check it out next time I am down there. I plan to make a road trip to LA after my MY delivers. It would be nice to go down to SD, I haven’t been down there in many years.

Last edited:
Reactions: ZeeMike

What's a Distill alert?