Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
5l7udy.jpeg

View attachment 702994Picked her up this afternoon. Delivery was smooth and lasted as long as I made it. A couple of things that I’ll schedule service for but nothing bad enough for me to reject delivery. Only noticeable thing was the rear wheel is missing its cover. You can see the lug nuts. Other than that, we are happy and can’t wait to spend more time in it.View attachment 702995View attachment 702996View attachment 702999

Great looking car. I have the same build and same SC. Hoping for a VIN soon.
Unfortunately my kids are all older so I won't have as much fun at my pickup.
Congrats.

Reactions: Jonasbrotha
Just an update on my account. I called the 888# and talked to them about removing the outdated financing agreement and they thought it best to go ahead and remove that from my profile. He did it while I was on the phone with him and when I refreshed my account, it did update accordingly with my same EDD I had before. It looks different, but it looks like I now have the option to pay cash or get financing through Tesla. He said to leave that part alone and move on things after getting my VIN. Makes sense, but you know how that goes…
Do you have a check mark for that payment section? If you don’t then that part of the profile is not complete. When it’s complete, you don’t get a choice to choose your option. You can always have them change it later but keep in mind that your profile may not be complete. I had it like yours when I had them remove my expired financing and SA told me a couple days later that I didn’t have payment completed so my profile wasn’t ready for prioritization.

Reactions: PatrickTM
Do you have a check mark for that payment section? If you don’t then that part of the profile is not complete. When it’s complete, you don’t get a choice to choose your option. You can always have them change it later but keep in mind that your profile may not be complete. I had it like yours when I had them remove my expired financing and SA told me a couple days later that I didn’t have payment completed so my profile wasn’t ready for prioritization.
I do not have a check mark there. It looks like I can change it myself. You think I should, or call and have them do it?

I also called and removed my financing this morning.
In the overview, the payment section isn't checked off - - to me that makes sense since I will pay upon delivery.

In the completed tasks section it shows:
1630274499104.png

Previously it had my Loan details.

Reactions: Bluedog99
@Wooly1 Thanks for the detailed summary! :) "House of Pain," naaaaah... The House of Pain was/is the MS LR/Plaid waiting room and issues threads - especially if you want the white interior!!!

Edit: Generally speaking, have they ironed out most of the initial MY quality and ramp up problems, or is it still a luck of the draw? Also, does Tesla still match other's trade in offers, or it that a thing of the past?
I am in multiple houses of pain. Check my signature. I’m in the MS LR 19” H.O.P. But at least not the white interior 😥. I’m in the ultimate H.O.P. In the Model X LR. Over 7 months waiting with no EDD and absolutely now news. Thank you Tesla. Finally here in the MY H.O.P. Ordered MYLR so my wife has something to drive as she has been without a car for 5 ½ months. That order was recently pushed into the January 22 black hole. Thus decided to order a MYP for quicker delivery. Was 3 days from delivery window and now pushed out to the swamp of ultimate darkness that is the generic 4-5 weeks. Then while feverishly trying to find a current inventory car, late one night a car popped up in Phoenix so I grabbed it. Called yesterday to fly in and pick it up as it is just 4 ½ hours from me. Arizona will not allow you to drive out of the state unless you want to pay full sales tax to Arizona (insane). Now trying to get it shipped to Vegas. When that will happen, who knows. Trying to buy a Tesla is a full time job and not for the faint of heart. Pain, Pain, Pain!!

No on trade in matches. Quality has improved but still plenty of issues if you read through the thread

I am in multiple houses of pain. Check my signature. I’m in the MS LR 19” H.O.P. But at least not the white interior 😥. I’m in the ultimate H.O.P. In the Model X LR. Over 7 months waiting with no EDD and absolutely now news. Thank you Tesla. Finally here in the MY H.O.P. Ordered MYLR so my wife has something to drive as she has been without a car for 5 ½ months. That order was recently pushed into the January 22 black hole. Thus decided to order a MYP for quicker delivery. Was 3 days from delivery window and now pushed out to the swamp of ultimate darkness that is the generic 4-5 weeks. Then while feverishly trying to find a current inventory car, late one night a car popped up in Phoenix so I grabbed it. Called yesterday to fly in and pick it up as it is just 4 ½ hours from me. Arizona will not allow you to drive out of the state unless you want to pay full sales tax to Arizona (insane). Now trying to get it shipped to Vegas. When that will happen, who knows. Trying to buy a Tesla is a full time job and not for the faint of heart. Pain, Pain, Pain!!

No on trade in matches. Quality has improved but still plenty of issues if you read through the thread
@Wooly1 Ah, I "feel" your Pain! Yeah, just placed the MYP last night; really wanted the LR w/AB and not 21" wheels! But, supposedly, I can get the MYP in "4-5 weeks," vs. January.... If that turns out not to be the case (like I'm pushed to the end of the year or something, I will revise the order to LR. Here's to the "pain" we all endure!

Wow, took a weekend off from the thread and there is no hope of catching up. Now I know what others feel like joining here.

In other news, I am glad I never updated my signature after my last generic October EDD. I figured it would come back and be relevant again; I was right!

I read 2-3 of the last pages and my thoughts on Giga Austin build quality: Tesla learns from mistakes. This is after all the learnings from Fremont, Shanghai, and (though not live yet) Berlin. I think it is likely that alone creates a significant reduction in the build quality issues during past production ramps. Besides that, I have done some quick research and couldn't find anything that backed this with data, so take the following as just my opinion following some of my logic: I think casting in and of itself reduces possibilities of build issues. It will obviously not effect paint quality, but by the nature of die casting I would expect you can be fairly certain that fits remain the same, time after time, because of the process. I think that could have an impact on panel gaps and alignment issues. Add in that it is a significant reduction in the number of parts that need to be put together which allows for more time spent in other areas, and I think build quality issues will continue to decrease. I would love if someone has any precision data of stamping vs die-casting to support or argue this, but I was unsuccessful in finding any.

Wow, took a weekend off from the thread and there is no hope of catching up. Now I know what others feel like joining here.

In other news, I am glad I never updated my signature after my last generic October EDD. I figured it would come back and be relevant again; I was right!

I read 2-3 of the last pages and my thoughts on Giga Austin build quality: Tesla learns from mistakes. This is after all the learnings from Fremont, Shanghai, and (though not live yet) Berlin. I think it is likely that alone creates a significant reduction in the build quality issues during past production ramps. Besides that, I have done some quick research and couldn't find anything that backed this with data, so take the following as just my opinion following some of my logic: I think casting in and of itself reduces possibilities of build issues. It will obviously not effect paint quality, but by the nature of die casting I would expect you can be fairly certain that fits remain the same, time after time, because of the process. I think that could have an impact on panel gaps and alignment issues. Add in that it is a significant reduction in the number of parts that need to be put together which allows for more time spent in other areas, and I think build quality issues will continue to decrease. I would love if someone has any precision data of stamping vs die-casting to support or argue this, but I was unsuccessful in finding any.
OPINION YMMV
Front and rear castings will enable a more consistent chassis build.
That should enable more consistent body panel alignments.
In addition, the castings save WEIGHT. The rear casting replaces 70 welded steel (heavy) pieces. The front will save even more weight.
Weight buys range. Weight buys handling / performance.
Elon claimed that, with the 4680 battery pack, the MY will weigh 10% less. That's 440lbs. A 2170 battery pack in the new chassis is estimated as saving 200lbs.

Who knows if Fremont will get a re-fit to use both F & R castings, but Fremont drone flyovers show a pile of FRONT castings to go with the rears in stockpiles.
A re-fit won't be until Texas is running smoothly, unless there are other supplier issues which would shut down the line anyway - in which case they may do the re-fit sooner.