Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MYLR7 OD 6/9 MSM Black NYC

My EDD was steady an 9/9 - 9/29 for weeks but switched to generic Oct as well since Sat.

I was visiting Boston for the weekend and on Friday evening when my EDD was still showing 9/9 - 9/29 I stopped by the showroom in the Prudential Center mall and spoke to the SA about any further details regarding my order and got dissapointing news, they were able to see my car estimated being built end of October for delivery around early November.

Even more infuriating to find out was they show my profile completion date to be 7/11 and that was when I was put in the order queue, I actually had my profile complete around 6/12 after completing my trade in but when it expired on July 11, I submitted a picture of the updated odometer reading as soon as I was notified directly from my iPhone safari web browser and Teslas website somehow glitched and my trade in disappeared completely! I called right away and a few days later my trade in reappeared along with the original pics but did not find out until now that reset my profile completion date.

Also one day later on Saturday, a random SA from my local Tesla showroom in Brooklyn reached out to me, for curiosity I asked if he had any additional information on my order and he said nothing further other than what I am seeing on my account page.

My actual SA who is located in California (was assigned to me immediately after I ordered) completely ignored my email request when I asked him for any updates regarding my order a few weeks ago.

My current and previous car was Audi so I am definitely not used to this sub par level of customer service, for me personally it is going all electric with Tesla or keeping my current 2018 Audi Q5, none of the alternatives currently in the EV space appeal to me especially the lack of range or supercharger network.

On a separate topic, the showroom in Boston had my exact build on display but due to Bostons Covid restrictions they were not allowed to open the car and let me even see inside, I ordered a 7 seater and was eager to see and test out the 3rd row in person and this was just adding to frustration but I understand this is not Teslas fault.

Reactions: DZMY and PatrickTM
Wheel sizes: 21X9.5" Front, 21X10.5" Rear
Tire sizes: 255/35-21 XL 98W Front, 275/35-21 XL 103W Rear
@mquam99 Also something I found through my research, when I was weak and almost switched to a P... Because the wheels on the P are different for front and back you cannot rotate them like you would with the others, and the rear wheels do wear down faster. So keep that in mind.

@mquam99 Also something I found through my research, when I was weak and almost switched to a P... Because the wheels on the P are different for front and back you cannot rotate them like you would with the others, and the rear wheels do wear down faster. So keep that in mind.
thanks, I am looking at options for that now. It looks like the best option would be to buy a set of standard MY wheels and put snows on them. Honestly it probably makes the most sense to just wait for my current order. Colorado winters and sport tires don't mix.

Reactions: BitJam
Just trying to understand how often updates happen. Did it show "october" in the morning and just updated with VIN now?
Yes, it showed October this morning and updated. I got a text from Tesla notifying me that payment was due, that's why I looked again. My experience shows that you'll know about the status update without refreshing the page for 3 months straight.

MYLR7 OD 6/9 MSM Black NYC

My EDD was steady an 9/9 - 9/29 for weeks but switched to generic Oct as well since Sat.

I was visiting Boston for the weekend and on Friday evening when my EDD was still showing 9/9 - 9/29 I stopped by the showroom in the Prudential Center mall and spoke to the SA about any further details regarding my order and got dissapointing news, they were able to see my car estimated being built end of October for delivery around early November.

Even more infuriating to find out was they show my profile completion date to be 7/11 and that was when I was put in the order queue, I actually had my profile complete around 6/12 after completing my trade in but when it expired on July 11, I submitted a picture of the updated odometer reading as soon as I was notified directly from my iPhone safari web browser and Teslas website somehow glitched and my trade in disappeared completely! I called right away and a few days later my trade in reappeared along with the original pics but did not find out until now that reset my profile completion date.

Also one day later on Saturday, a random SA from my local Tesla showroom in Brooklyn reached out to me, for curiosity I asked if he had any additional information on my order and he said nothing further other than what I am seeing on my account page.

My actual SA who is located in California (was assigned to me immediately after I ordered) completely ignored my email request when I asked him for any updates regarding my order a few weeks ago.

My current and previous car was Audi so I am definitely not used to this sub par level of customer service, for me personally it is going all electric with Tesla or keeping my current 2018 Audi Q5, none of the alternatives currently in the EV space appeal to me especially the lack of range or supercharger network.

On a separate topic, the showroom in Boston had my exact build on display but due to Bostons Covid restrictions they were not allowed to open the car and let me even see inside, I ordered a 7 seater and was eager to see and test out the 3rd row in person and this was just adding to frustration but I understand this is not Teslas fault.

Just another trade in horror story that makes my statement to not include your trade in until VIN.

Sorry to hear your going through this ordeal dude. Tesla seems to really screw over anyone who's finance or trade in expires and they have to update.

Reactions: PatrickTM
Those demos worry me - I just imagine that every one of those miles was full acceleration 0-60!
My GF said, think of the demo this week, if the average demo is about 20 miles. and you have a demo with 1000 miles on it, thats 50 people in that car.. Which when put in those terms, I'm like....yeah I don't want that.

Last edited:
My GF said, think of the demo this week, if the average demo is about 20 miles. and you have a demo with 1000 miles on it, thats 500 people in that car.. Which when put in those terms, I'm like....yeah I don't want that.
no hate, I agree with the sentiment but you should check your math... it's 50 test drives @ 20 miles a piece equals 1000.