Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm in the Tesla Model Y Enthusiasts FB group so, of course, in my feed is an adv for Polestar 2. And, of course, i went to look. You can custom configure a car for November delivery or take a pre-configured car for delivery to your home by the end of September. $500 refundable deposit. Would ordering one move the MY Karma gremlins to get me my Tesla sooner?

what a day today has been. At 1pm i was still skeptical that my MY even existed besides being a bunch of pixels on a screen. At 1:45 it got real.

The car was delivered with 99% SOC. As of right now it's sitting in my garage with 81% and I drove ~70 miles taking family & friends on test drives and to pick up dinner for the the wife and and I - I admit, I did hammer it a few times so my lead foot contributed to the battery wearing down faster than expected.

Again, I feel like Tesla has to do better to deliver MY's to those who have waited the longest. Even though I feel like i waited a fair amount of time (nearly 13 weeks compared to my 9-11 week estimate at order), I do feel fortunate that the Tesla gods decided to shine a ray of light over me and let me get my MY in amazing condition.

Unlike a lot of folks we've seen ghost the forums after taking delivery I still plan on reading here and being as helpful as possible... if it doesn't p*ss you all off (for obvious reasons)

So, let me know, are my contributions welcome or should I STFU, read but don't stir the pot of misery?

what a day today has been. At 1pm i was still skeptical that my MY even existed besides being a bunch of pixels on a screen. At 1:45 it got real.

The car was delivered with 99% SOC. As of right now it's sitting in my garage with 81% and I drove ~70 miles taking family & friends on test drives and to pick up dinner for the the wife and and I - I admit, I did hammer it a few times so my lead foot contributed to the battery wearing down faster than expected.

Again, I feel like Tesla has to do better to deliver MY's to those who have waited the longest. Even though I feel like i waited a fair amount of time (nearly 13 weeks compared to my 9-11 week estimate at order), I do feel fortunate that the Tesla gods decided to shine a ray of light over me and let me get my MY in amazing condition.

Unlike a lot of folks we've seen ghost the forums after taking delivery I still plan on reading here and being as helpful as possible... if it doesn't p*ss you all off (for obvious reasons)

So, let me know, are my contributions welcome or should I STFU, read but don't stir the pot of misery?
Keep posting. Helps the time go by while the rest of us wait in agony for our VINs. Plus we can just live vicariously through you.

Having only conducted vehicle transactions through traditional car dealerships, this is foreign to me. It absolutely seems like Vroom, Carvana and Carmax are the future of sales, but I just don't know enough about them. Sure, there are online reviews of which most negative ones come from the purchasing side like you said, but my initial gut feeling is don't do it. Perhaps because I'm analytical by nature and gray area is not something my brain likes to process, but going against my gut instinct in the past usually hasn't worked out too well.

As of now, the difference between Vroom and Tesla is about $1500 more on the Vroom side. That's assuming Vroom's price doesn't change. But there is a real risk that after taking away the Raptor that the $1500 difference evaporates. Or the whole transaction becomes a nightmare.

I'm looking at it this way. 19 months ago the Raptor cost me $68k. 16k miles in and Tesla's offering me a few thousand less than I purchased it for. Not exactly a bad situation to be in.
I sold my car through Vroom. They offered 3K more than Tesla. Process was seamless. I received my payment 2 days after they took my car. I aigned an agreement on the amount so they couldn’t just not send me the payment. I understand all your concerns, I had similar ones. But at the end of the day the agreement you sign with them strictly states you have to get paid.

Besides waiting for VINs and EDD updates, anyone have fun or interesting plans for the long weekend?

My weekend kicked off with a bang! Had today off in addition to the upcoming Monday holiday, thanks to Air Force higher ups in my command, generous taxpayers, and viewers like you. Had a chill day helping wife with groceries, laundry, cooked us lunch, relaxed, did the good husband gig…and decided to get some exercise and go for a long walk on a nearby trail around 5pm. Things got interesting there.

I plugged in my earbuds, turned up my NPR, tech, news, science podcasts, and had an entirely uneventful 4.5 miles out of my 5 mile walk. Then a gang of cyclists approached, swerving all around the trail, yelling profanities at me. I moved over to the far right, pretty much to the edge, and they lined up, momentarily blocking the trail, then came charging at me full speed in succession. Well, I had to either dive into the bushes/trees, or stand my ground. I chose to stand my ground, kept walking forward but with a little more vigor, and did my best stiff-arm fend. Made contact with 3 of them, fourth and fifth riders played chicken and swerved away at the last second. None of them fell off, but they were surprised and a little caught off guard that I hit them. I expected them to come at me again for another go at me, but thankfully all they did was just shout a lot more profanities at me. Nothing racial, though again, thanks to NPR I couldn’t hear everything they shouted. I’m no superstar athlete but I‘m fit and decently coordinated. Getting in an unarmed fight with five young asshats would’ve been unpleasant and painful for all parties.

Well, the weekend’s just getting started and my buddies will for sure get a kick out of this story. Party on, VINless souls!
Sorry you had to experience that and hopefully it didn't ruin what seems otherwise like a nice day.

A few hours before your walk I was walking by the Princeton library and watched / overheard as a woman walked up behind another woman who was waiting outside one of the doors and yelled "get out of my way, I'm trying to get into the library!" Before that I watched while waiting to make a right turn where I had the green light at an intersection because there was a mother and her young child in the crosswalk, as not one but two cars took off from across from me making a left turn in front of me (thinking they were pulling one over on me assuming I wasn't paying attention or something), swerving around the mother and child in the crosswalk (1 went in front of their path, one behind).

Purpose of bringing this up being, sometimes people are just self-centered and nasty. If I'm being honest? Sometimes so am I. Sometimes it's helpful to picture ourselves at our worst and what bad experiences led to our behavior when we think about why others would be so stupid or mean. I really love one of the messages that comes across in the movie My Idiot Brother: most people are good most of the time.

There's no excuse for what happened to you and the recklessness, but I guess you kind find some solace in that you're probably a lot happier than them. Because stuff like that generally doesn't stem from being content.

Having only conducted vehicle transactions through traditional car dealerships, this is foreign to me. It absolutely seems like Vroom, Carvana and Carmax are the future of sales, but I just don't know enough about them. Sure, there are online reviews of which most negative ones come from the purchasing side like you said, but my initial gut feeling is don't do it. Perhaps because I'm analytical by nature and gray area is not something my brain likes to process, but going against my gut instinct in the past usually hasn't worked out too well.

As of now, the difference between Vroom and Tesla is about $1500 more on the Vroom side. That's assuming Vroom's price doesn't change. But there is a real risk that after taking away the Raptor that the $1500 difference evaporates. Or the whole transaction becomes a nightmare.

I'm looking at it this way. 19 months ago the Raptor cost me $68k. 16k miles in and Tesla's offering me a few thousand less than I purchased it for. Not exactly a bad situation to be in.
Yep, I get it. I'd probably do the same. When I've sold in the past I expected cash up front at a private party sale. Really no different from what you're asking for

Keep posting! This is the only thread I read lol 🤣🤣

• Funny
Reactions: PatrickTM

Definitely stick around! I hope.to as well!