Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That’s awesome! Ahead of the curve, I like it.

Well, ahead of the curve for a military installation at least.
Honestly in this case it seems like a mistake to me. I can't figure out the use case. There's no through traffic here, we're at the southern tip of a peninsula. I can't imagine why anybody like a retiree would drive X hours to get here like they might for some other military bases because there's no way to get here without passing about 3 other ones, including Andrews. I don't think anybody who comes here would live more than 45 minutes away so nobody would ever 'need recharging. We have a handful of apartments around so maybe once in a blue moon someone there who happens to work on base might use it, but in two years I've only seen it being used once.

To be fair, there are almost zero electric cars around but I just can't see it being used even when there are. I bet 98% of the people going to the BX live within 30 minutes of it. Tesla put in a bank of superchargers at a local grocery store; one day I'll cruise up there and see if they're being used.

Reactions: PatrickTM
Besides waiting for VINs and EDD updates, anyone have fun or interesting plans for the long weekend?

My weekend kicked off with a bang! Had today off in addition to the upcoming Monday holiday, thanks to Air Force higher ups in my command, generous taxpayers, and viewers like you. Had a chill day helping wife with groceries, laundry, cooked us lunch, relaxed, did the good husband gig…and decided to get some exercise and go for a long walk on a nearby trail around 5pm. Things got interesting there.

I plugged in my earbuds, turned up my NPR, tech, news, science podcasts, and had an entirely uneventful 4.5 miles out of my 5 mile walk. Then a gang of cyclists approached, swerving all around the trail, yelling profanities at me. I moved over to the far right, pretty much to the edge, and they lined up, momentarily blocking the trail, then came charging at me full speed in succession. Well, I had to either dive into the bushes/trees, or stand my ground. I chose to stand my ground, kept walking forward but with a little more vigor, and did my best stiff-arm fend. Made contact with 3 of them, fourth and fifth riders played chicken and swerved away at the last second. None of them fell off, but they were surprised and a little caught off guard that I hit them. I expected them to come at me again for another go at me, but thankfully all they did was just shout a lot more profanities at me. Nothing racial, though again, thanks to NPR I couldn’t hear everything they shouted. I’m no superstar athlete but I‘m fit and decently coordinated. Getting in an unarmed fight with five young asshats would’ve been unpleasant and painful for all parties.

Well, the weekend’s just getting started and my buddies will for sure get a kick out of this story. Party on, VINless souls!
Reading your first line, I immediately thought of my answer: Spending the weekend in an amazing vacation home at a beautiful little beach town that I still can't believe I was so fortunate in this life to be able to buy.

Then I kept reading and it brought me back a few weeks. This town has 2 main streets and you're supposed to stop for pedestrians in crosswalks. Cars usually do but sometimes I end up getting really pissy at them for not. Anyway, a few weeks ago a group of bicyclists in the generous bike lane failed to yield to me walking, so I yelled "I'm going!" and literally walked through their group of 4, making them swerve to avoid me. I almost made contact with each of them. Little sh*ts...

Sorry that happened to you. Sometimes it's malice. Sometimes it's that people are so self-involved it doesn't remotely occur to them that other living, breathing humans deserve to simply exist in the same space.

Where do you check that
There are two places I use. This first site doesn’t seem to have the latest data as quickly as the second. However the second doesn’t tell you how many there are.

Reactions: PatrickTM
Any suggestions on floor mats for the front and back seats? I’ve ordered the textile trunk mat from Tesla because it looks perfect for dogs when they jump in and out of the back. But I’ve seen where people have ordered the 3D MAXspider mats for the front and back seats and when they get them, they find it’s not a great fit. Really leery about ordering from Amazon.

Question for those of you trying to nab an inventory/demo car (or have successfully grabbed one already). Are you camping out on Tesla-info? Monitoring with a distill? Something else? My spec has popped up a couple of times, but I wasn't quick enough to grab it. Set up a distill and now I'm getting this message :rolleyes:
View attachment 704959
I used distill.io. I set the interval to check every 30 secs and when one I was interested in showed up, I hit the buy button without any hesitation.

During the week, even this method might not be fast enough. But during the weekend, the cars stay available a bit longer.

Good luck and happy hunting.

Besides waiting for VINs and EDD updates, anyone have fun or interesting plans for the long weekend?

My weekend kicked off with a bang! Had today off in addition to the upcoming Monday holiday, thanks to Air Force higher ups in my command, generous taxpayers, and viewers like you. Had a chill day helping wife with groceries, laundry, cooked us lunch, relaxed, did the good husband gig…and decided to get some exercise and go for a long walk on a nearby trail around 5pm. Things got interesting there.

I plugged in my earbuds, turned up my NPR, tech, news, science podcasts, and had an entirely uneventful 4.5 miles out of my 5 mile walk. Then a gang of cyclists approached, swerving all around the trail, yelling profanities at me. I moved over to the far right, pretty much to the edge, and they lined up, momentarily blocking the trail, then came charging at me full speed in succession. Well, I had to either dive into the bushes/trees, or stand my ground. I chose to stand my ground, kept walking forward but with a little more vigor, and did my best stiff-arm fend. Made contact with 3 of them, fourth and fifth riders played chicken and swerved away at the last second. None of them fell off, but they were surprised and a little caught off guard that I hit them. I expected them to come at me again for another go at me, but thankfully all they did was just shout a lot more profanities at me. Nothing racial, though again, thanks to NPR I couldn’t hear everything they shouted. I’m no superstar athlete but I‘m fit and decently coordinated. Getting in an unarmed fight with five young asshats would’ve been unpleasant and painful for all parties.

Well, the weekend’s just getting started and my buddies will for sure get a kick out of this story. Party on, VINless souls!
No major plans...other than getting my Y today!!!!

It was originally scheduled for a Monday pickup but I called the SC yesterday and asked them to ping the car to see where it was at. They responded with, it's here...would you like to get it before Monday? I said sure and set the appointment for this afternoon.

I'll share pics when I get a chance.

View attachment 704993Ready for this to stop being a thing 🤦🏻‍♀️ Well, it’s not going away completely as we’re keeping our truck, but it won’t be me pumping the fuel lol! I just filled up on Sunday and had to do it all again today 🤪 Our kiddo is gonna be super sad when she realizes we don’t get Icees or Tornadoes from the gas station anymore
😂🤷🏻‍♀️😂
But, at least you earned 349 points?

No major plans...other than getting my Y today!!!!

It was originally scheduled for a Monday pickup but I called the SC yesterday and asked them to ping the car to see where it was at. They responded with, it's here...would you like to get it before Monday? I said sure and set the appointment for this afternoon.

I'll share pics when I get a chance.
Look forward to seeing the pics - congrats!

Reactions: TheRock23