Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No office but what the heck Tesla? - same build over 100 days waiting - myself and lots of people from May!!! Congrats eagle eye - Tesla you suck!
On the bright side, you can get a Tesla w/o having to pay a $10-15k "dealership markup" fee for non-Telsa new cars. Due to inventory shortages, this is going on right now. So, I'll wait, no worries :)

What’s a good number to call if your SA is not getting back to you? I need to either change financing or out a hold on the order.
Courtesy of @GoGators!

Last edited:
Reactions: GoGators!
I just looked at my MVPA and noticed that the odometer is 15 miles. Who’s been driving my car dude? Maybe that’s normal in the delivery process, not sure really. But I’ve bought several new cars over the years and there’s usually less than 5 miles on the car when I picked it up. Not a deal breaker by any means, and maybe it’s more typical with Tesla’s delivery.
If you've bought several new cars over the years, you'll notice that on all the MVPAs of your cars it'll say 15, if it came direct from the factory.

Others have asked about it before, and generally speaking any new car will have at least two miles, usually between 10 to 50 miles. It gets driven and moved around the factory, shipping yards, holding lots, delivery lots, and each of these lots could have hundreds or thousands of cars, and each of these lots could span several miles.

They will attempt to match it to another order (most likely why some July/Aug orders get matched before the same build in May/June). If there are no matching orders, it will go out to inventory.
@DaveGT and when they match it to another order, it seems to be a fairly manual process by an SA, not automatic by software. So it won't necessarily go to the next order chronologically. There have been some people with EDD two months away have been suddenly assigned due to one of these matches!

Reactions: ajs847 and DaveGT
I’m Asian, my wife and another buddy of mine (both who aren’t Asian) are convinced they picked me because of race, since it’s trendy to harass/attack Asian people lately. I’m open to that idea, but not sure because I couldn’t hear everything. I don’t know, maybe I’ve lived too privileged a life to see that kind of stuff happening to me.
I really hope that wasn't the case but I don't have as much trust in mankind as I once used to. It breaks my heart. I am so fortunate to have had the rich, unique experience of growing up going to a small grade school with a substantial Asian population. The Catholic Church had a mass in Vietnamese each Sunday. I now live in a neighborhood that has become a blossoming destination for Chinese (specifically) immigrants and NY transplants and it's really neat to see. Plus - hello! - bubble tea, rolled ice cream, and dumplings that actually stand up to the best places in Chinatown (which is a pain in the butt to get to, like the rest of downtown) all in a formerly lame, residential part of town. Our beautiful but flawed nation is made better by the folks of each and every nationality and ethnicity around the globe that has chosen to call here home.
I am going to attempt to stay away from here until Monday evening and enjoy the holiday weekend. I have a new obsession I’m researching to occupy me, POOL CLEANING ROBOTS! If anyone has thoughts or experience on those please message me direct. Need all the info so I can go shopping lol

Pick me! Pick me!

In a nutshell, the robots aren't wonderful; too many parts break, and they're expensive. "The pool cleaner" is a self propelled auto vacuum that is so simple mechanically there isn't much to break. It's our 4th or 5th season with it and as any pool owner knows, that's about twice as long as nearly anything ever lasts. (I'm talking to you, solar cover!)

It’s been the consensus on here that 15 is just a placeholder on the paperwork. We test drove a MY fresh off the truck and it only had 3 miles. Had a few more than that when we returned it 🤷🏻‍♀️😂View attachment 705224
I'm naming my car 'Buzz'. This spring and summer I monitored a Turkey Vulture from egg to flight and I called him Buzz; it was perfect for him and it'll be perfect for my Tesla!

No office but what the heck Tesla? - same build over 100 days waiting - myself and lots of people from May!!! Congrats eagle eye - Tesla you suck!
I'm betting they already have you slotted for the EOQ short-range push to California. I'm all the way on the east coast so I bet if I don't get mine in September--and I shouldn't and won't--it'll be November for me once they crank up on the other side.

If you've bought several new cars over the years, you'll notice that on all the MVPAs of your cars it'll say 15, if it came direct from the factory.

Others have asked about it before, and generally speaking any new car will have at least two miles, usually between 10 to 50 miles. It gets driven and moved around the factory, shipping yards, holding lots, delivery lots, and each of these lots could have hundreds or thousands of cars, and each of these lots could span several miles.
Makes sense. I guess this is the first time I’ve actually looked at the MVPA on a purchase. Thanks!

Reactions: PatrickTM
Got a text from my SA and he said that Tesla thinks I canceled the delivery for the 13th. But car is still headed to Paramus. He says he will get back with me tomorrow and sort it out.

This delivery has all the drama of a Mission Impossible movie. Next text will be the car is gone :)
Good lord, I feel like we need to get you on a day time talk show to discuss all of this! ha. But seriously I hope they get you your car.

My dates narrowed Sept 18 - 30. In the past I would think this means a VIN is coming, but it seems the same indicator isn't holding as true anymore.

Dear Elon, I promise I will not be this stupid with my car and endanger myself and others: https://v.redd.it/h0hg3tj89el71

I specifically included the non-Youtube link because I think it's ridiculous this kid is trying to make money off of things like this.

Mine narrowed as well Sept 18-30. And as for the video, of course he's trying to making money on that. He has to to settle the damages since we have clear view of his license plate and face. Just think, someone here is probably going behind him on the Tesla queue because I'm sure there's now a replacement order put in.

Reactions: BitJam
With your same 9/11 EDD that I had, I think good things are in your future. Also FWIW, I never got an email (and Distill didn't catch the change), so I just logged in this morning and saw the blue button. Just a heads up in case you were waiting on one of those to give you the good news!
Thanks. I have my tesla account in my Safari browser and my TMC forums in firefox so I bounce back-and-forth to stay up-to-date with the two most important things in my life, Tesla-wise.

I was just assigned a VIN #5YJYGDEEXMF260794

LR/Blue/19/5 Seater/Tow Package

Unfortunately, for me I am out of town for Labor Day and will not be able to take delivery. So, someone is going to be lucky soon.
You have three days after they advise you of the delivery date to firm up your appointment. It’s not when you get your VIN, it’s when they arrange for the delivery date. Talk to your delivery center; they might be able to be flexible so you don’t lose your place in line

Took delivery of my MYP yesterday evening and it was pretty dang close to being perfect. Plate covering where the tow hitch would be won’t sit flush but that’s not a huge deal compared to how it could’ve gone. Oh and my premium connectivity decided to not work, it said it was active but none of the features would work. Giving it a day and connecting to wifi seemed to fix that.
From taking a “punt” on ordering a performance to taking delivery 3 weeks and a day later, I’ll consider myself extremely lucky. I truly hope everyone waiting gets good news soon!