Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got a text from my SA and he said that Tesla thinks I canceled the delivery for the 13th. But car is still headed to Paramus. He says he will get back with me tomorrow and sort it out.

This delivery has all the drama of a Mission Impossible movie. Next text will be the car is gone :)
I’m sorry to hear that! We’re now in the final month of the Q, so I really hope they don't take away your VIN because you’re in the Northeast to ensure delivery to someone closer. Fingers crossed for you.

Reactions: dnstommy
Did anyone else receive a call from Tesla stating that your delivery will be delayed due to the storm that just passed last week? My original delivery date was 9/6 and now pushed back to 9/11.

if you read back through the posts, there’s a few including mine. Went from 8/6 to 8/8. I’m picking up in Rhode Island. Suuuuucks. Damn you Mother Nature! Lol 😂

That charging curve tho…😬 not a good road-tripper. Otherwise, beauty!!
Yup. If it’s not a Model Y, I’d get an ID.4 or Mach-E for “road-trippability”.

Esit: @meshbiz , I think you’d be surprised at how premium the ID.4 feels on the inside. Fanboys will hate me for saying this, but it’s better appointed inside than a Model Y, surprisingly. The one I test drove was made in Germany, and build quality was exceptional. Everything just felt really solid and buttoned down.

Last edited:
I’ve been checking my Tesla account in my browser on my phone, looking for my blue button and my VIN. I also have the new Tesla app on my iphone. Does anyone know if the Tesla app will show that I have been assigned a VIN or do I need to sign into my account in a browser to see that information? I see that I can refresh the app by pulling down; That’s much easier for me to check because I have two factor authentication in my browser.

Reactions: PatrickTM
Anyone familiar with this scenario:

Ordered in early August with estimated delivery in December. That bounced around from as early as November to as late as January. Then, last week, I see an EDD Sep 9-15 and I have a VIN. But, so far, no actual delivery date assigned and no active link to complete docs. Is the September delivery a mirage? Is it typical to get a VIN but not an assigned delivery date? Have I just turned into the impatient a-hole I said I’d never be?

Yes, it should appear on the app once the VIN is in (not just in source code) your account. This is what shows on mine, suppose to take delivery today
image.jpg

Yup. If it’s not a Model Y, I’d get an ID.4 or Mach-E for “road-trippability”.

Esit: @meshbiz , I think you’d be surprised at how premium the ID.4 feels on the inside. Fanboys will hate me for saying this, but it’s better appointed inside than a Model Y, surprisingly. The one I test drove was made in Germany, and build quality was exceptional. Everything just felt really solid and buttoned down.
Thanks for that. The VW has not really been on my radar screen. There’s a dealer 10 minutes from my house so I can easily take a look.

• Love
Yes, it should appear on the app once the VIN is in (not just in source code) your account. This is what shows on mine, suppose to take delivery todayView attachment 705422
Thanks. So now I can use the app and only one browser: firefox — the browser I use for this thread. Since I have been obsessively refreshing for the VIN for my May 31 order, my phone really does not do much else for me!

Ordered in early August with estimated delivery in December. That bounced around from as early as November to as late as January. Then, last week, I see an EDD Sep 9-15 and I have a VIN. But, so far, no actual delivery date assigned and no active link to complete docs. Is the September delivery a mirage? Is it typical to get a VIN but not an assigned delivery date? Have I just turned into the impatient a-hole I said I’d never be?
The Tesla rep I spoke with yesterday said the VIN means your car has been assigned and you should expect it to be at your service center within two weeks(for me since I’m on the east coast). Someone will reach out to you when they have an arrival date and you will have 72 hours to firm up the actual delivery time.

Is this for a MYP? Because if you got a VIN for a MYLR with a late August OD I'll feel happy for you and upset at the same time?

Reactions: ConchChick
I really hope that wasn't the case but I don't have as much trust in mankind as I once used to. It breaks my heart. I am so fortunate to have had the rich, unique experience of growing up going to a small grade school with a substantial Asian population. The Catholic Church had a mass in Vietnamese each Sunday. I now live in a neighborhood that has become a blossoming destination for Chinese (specifically) immigrants and NY transplants and it's really neat to see. Plus - hello! - bubble tea, rolled ice cream, and dumplings that actually stand up to the best places in Chinatown (which is a pain in the butt to get to, like the rest of downtown) all in a formerly lame, residential part of town. Our beautiful but flawed nation is made better by the folks of each and every nationality and ethnicity around the globe that has chosen to call here home.
That’s amazing, and thank you for saying that. I think in many ways, food is the best gateway drug that leads to understanding and loving another culture! My step sis spent a year in Hawaii as a public elementary school student, as the only white student in her class. There were a couple troublesome kids of course, but it easily became her most fond memory of her years growing up, participating in the culture, food, and friendships. It reminds me a lot of your story.

Noticed something interesting today. Delivery scheduled for 9/8, but noticed in source code this morning that my EDD changed to Sept 4-7. Has anyone ever seen this before? It was really important I have this car before Wednesday so I’m tempted to call the SC and ask if the car is there already.

Id call and ask. Couldnt hurt! Mine shows this below.

Screen Shot 2021-09-05 at 9.24.40 AM.png

Noticed something interesting today. Delivery scheduled for 9/8, but noticed in source code this morning that my EDD changed to Sept 4-7. Has anyone ever seen this before? It was really important I have this car before Wednesday so I’m tempted to call the SC and ask if the car is there already.
Yes. Mine went from 9/11-9/25 to getting a VIN yesterday and a new EDD of 9/4-9/9. I’m wondering if they already have the car and I’ll get a call to pick it up before the end of the week. I’m ok with that, but it’ll be quicker than I expected. I’m ready.