Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I haven't been able to follow the thread this long holiday weekend, BUT I had to log in at some point today to share that I received my VIN!!!!! Did my normal check quickly while at a playground visiting some friends and there was the email! 265x! I thought this day would never come!!

My EDD updated to 9/18 - 9/24, from 9/18 - 9/30 before I received the VIN.

I told my wife that I had to get on the forum to share the news with my forum friends, got an eyeroll :)
Haha, congrats! Totally get the eye roll from my wife as well when referencing the TMC crowd. We all need to have a meetup at some point!

Thinking my SC would be closed today my wife and I took a 30 min drive to Devon, PA to see if my car was on the lot as it was scheduled to be there tomorrow (Sept 7th). To our surprise, not only were they open but the place was packed. With people, and new Teslas. There was even a covered carrier unloading when we pulled up.

Got to chat with one of the Tesla employees there who when we told him why we were there said "well instead of walking around let's check to see where your car is". Popped open his laptop and said my car just arrived at the rail yard in North Jersey (near Newark). Went on to explain how it used to go by train from Fremont to Chicago, and then truck to Devon, PA but now they go train right to NJ from CA, a 10 day transit.

My car now expected to arrive at SC on Wednesday and after looking at my scheduled delivery date of Friday said "I see no reason why we can't bump that up to Thursday assuming there are no delays, if that's good with you".

Um, yes.

So for those Northeast deliveries, seems 10 days from CA to NJ and then (at least for me in PA) 2 days to the SC.

And you would have to pay to ship it and it could be weeks before it shows up in OR…
Yeah, I'm aware of the shipping fee from Miami. It's the not knowing how long it'll take to get here was the part I didn't like. My second choice is a blue MYP but living in the PNW I'm not super keen on the 21" tires. Maybe if I lived in SoCal.

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm aware of the shipping fee from Miami. It's the no knowing how long it'll take to get here was the part I didn't like. My second choice is a blue MYP but living in the PNW I'm not super keen on the 21" tires. Maybe if I lived in SoCal.
@Sherwood_John I’m not either; so I picked up a complete set of “take-off” 19” Geminis, with aero covers, from another TMC member in SoCal. Less than 100 miles on them. They arrive on Wednesday. I’ll either sell the 21s, or just use them June-Oct, depending on how I like the 19s.

Thinking my SC would be closed today my wife and I took a 30 min drive to Devon, PA to see if my car was on the lot as it was scheduled to be there tomorrow (Sept 7th). To our surprise, not only were they open but the place was packed. With people, and new Teslas. There was even a covered carrier unloading when we pulled up.

Got to chat with one of the Tesla employees there who when we told him why we were there said "well instead of walking around let's check to see where your car is". Popped open his laptop and said my car just arrived at the rail yard in North Jersey (near Newark). Went on to explain how it used to go by train from Fremont to Chicago, and then truck to Devon, PA but now they go train right to NJ from CA, a 10 day transit.

My car now expected to arrive at SC on Wednesday and after looking at my scheduled delivery date of Friday said "I see no reason why we can't bump that up to Thursday assuming there are no delays, if that's good with you".

Um, yes.

So for those Northeast deliveries, seems 10 days from CA to NJ and then (at least for me in PA) 2 days to the SC.
Nice. Shortly after I ordered my MY i drove to this location so I could figure out where it was when the day came. The place was empty and so was the lot except for about 3-6 cars. Good to know the place has steady activity but the report will also ensure i dont mess around with the scheduled appointment and be there on time.

So the delivery center chose home delivery for us even though we requested DC delivery.

I have been trying to find a thread or posts about doing home contactless delivery.

I believe that we will be able to inspect the car, but have to accept delivery to get into the car. I also have to do an ACH transfer or wire transfer as I don't know if the delivery person will be able to accept a check? If so, I would much rather do a cashier's check.

If we have any issues with the car we have to set up a service appointment to get anything fixed.

Am I missing anything?

I have been trying to find a thread or posts about doing home contactless delivery.

I believe that we will be able to inspect the car, but have to accept delivery to get into the car. I also have to do an ACH transfer or wire transfer as I don't know if the delivery person will be able to accept a check? If so, I would much rather do a cashier's check.

If we have any issues with the car we have to set up a service appointment to get anything fixed.
I had my MY shipped from Colorado Springs, CO to Silver City, NM. I was told in no uncertain terms that I had to pay for the car in full before they would ship it. They said that if I wanted to inspect the car first then I would have to pick it up in Colorado Springs. YMMV. If you are getting free delivery because you're close to a SC then maybe the rules are different since bringing the car back to the SC is easier.

Reactions: PatrickTM
I had my MY shipped from Colorado Springs, CO to Silver City, NM. I was told in no uncertain terms that I had to pay for the car in full before they would ship it. They said that if I wanted to inspect the car first then I would have to pick it up in Colorado Springs. YMMV. If you are getting free delivery because you're close to a SC then maybe the rules are different since bringing the car back to the SC is easier.
Ahh, yeah, I'm 5.5 miles from the Colma SC. I live in San Francisco so that's easy. It's actually about a mile from my job.

Good to know.

Reactions: BitJam

MYLR MSM 7 seater
1,960 miles
Demo Vehicle
Tampa
Keep in mind it’s a May build without the HEPA filter, if that’s important to anyone considering it.

I haven't been able to follow the thread this long holiday weekend, BUT I had to log in at some point today to share that I received my VIN!!!!! Did my normal check quickly while at a playground visiting some friends and there was the email! 265x! I thought this day would never come!!

My EDD updated to 9/18 - 9/24, from 9/18 - 9/30 before I received the VIN.

I told my wife that I had to get on the forum to share the news with my forum friends, got an eyeroll
Keep in mind it’s a May build without the HEPA filter, if that’s important to anyone it.
Congrats on the VIN!! My hubby is the same way ‘oh you’re looking at the forum again’ lol 🤣🤣

I think it may be a July build since the warranty goes until July 2025?? So it would have the biodefense;?it’s the exact same build as the demo I got 2 weeks ago…..and it’s the seven seater…now sort of wishing I waited…..😢🤷‍♀️

Last edited: