Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just saw the same text from the phone #510-369-1159. I replied SEPTEMBER without any hestitation at all…luckily I spoke to a Tesla SA on the phone right after and they said it wasn’t a scam. The person I spoke with told me that is part of a campaign and they’re sending this text message to a lot of people
Glad you had a confirmation from the SA! Now if only they would extend that campaign out to every one :D

Hey Guys,

Just got the below text. Is this even valid or a scam? Anyone got anything like this?

"Tesla Update - We currently plan to build and deliver your Model Y in September. Please reply SEPTEMBER if you are ready for delivery this month...... Please reply DELAY if you want to delay......"
Legit - I got that message many times last year when they were trying to get me to take delivery of my Y. (I kept avoiding completing the order.)

I'm not surprised they're using it for an EOQ push.

Hey Guys,

Just got the below text. Is this even valid or a scam? Anyone got anything like this?

"Tesla Update - We currently plan to build and deliver your Model Y in September. Please reply SEPTEMBER if you are ready for delivery this month...... Please reply DELAY if you want to delay......"

OD 6/17 |MYLR7|Red/Black|19"|No FSD/Tow

I just got one too. It’s from the same number that sent me the Welcome to Tesla after I placed my order.

Reactions: ad_astra_bay
No EDD changes or VIN but I got the text today also.

Screenshot 2021-09-15 at 4.00.09 PM.jpg

Reactions: Reebles
You guys, this text message history is too funny. April 8 2020 was a hello/intro.

May 22 - production resumed in Fremont update (COVID shut down I guess)

June 10 - If you are ready to take delivery in June, please reply ASAP

August 13 - ... please reply DELIVERY

October 6 - ... please reply OCTOBER

December 23 - ... reply DECEMBER (and an update that Model Y customers will receive 1 year of free supercharging to take delivery by 12/31/20)

March 2, 2021 - ...reply MARCH

April 8 - Please reply by April 20th or we'll cancel your order and your order fee will be forfeited

I know I'm in the minority supporting the extra incentive for the union shops (aka Legacy) but my reasoning is for exactly what you just said! We are quite literally in a virtual waiting room because Tesla can't meet demand as it is. If any one of the Big 3 go under, it's no good for anyone! We need all of them to succeed in the EV space in order to meet Tesla's own official mission.
I think that's a short term way of looking at it. We need the successful companies to succeed and the poor ones to fail. It'll never get better if we just keep propping up poor and unresponsive companies. The best way to make the transition to EVs quickly is to let the companies good at it grow and the ones poor at it go away.

Reactions: jebinc
I received message from (510) 399...

"Hi <my name>, at this time your estimated delivery window is Oct 26 - Nov 15. It is subject to change however. You should receive a VIN around this time"

This is legit as the previous text exchanges with my SA is from same number and I see history.

I received the same text "Tesla Update - We currently plan to build and deliver your Model Y in September. Please reply SEPTEMBER if you are ready for delivery this month...... Please reply DELAY if you want to delay......". I spoke to a tesla representative in Sunnyvale, CA and they told me that the text is a survey. They want to see how many are interested in earlier deliveries vs delaying. He also mentioned that my Model Y will be delivered in September only if enough folks expecting their deliveries in September delay it. Very Strange!!

• Informative
Actually i was thinking the same way until my SA bursted my bubble. If i were to take another car i would have to pay additional $500 for order change, pay the new current pricing and possible transit fees. My SA advised me not to go that route since my wait will soon be over… Just a little more patience is what she told ne.
Oh, yeah, I wouldn’t do it either then.