Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
By the way, I love that in addition to listing your EDD in your sig, you also listed an estimated thread page number. That's hilarious!
Thanks! That originated from the conversation happening around my very first few posts here. It was a WAG for sure (comparable to our EDDs!) but the nerd in me has been wanting to go back and plot the page number by day in this thread since the start and extrapolate out to my EDD for a better guess hah ha!

Mine literally hasn't changed in 3 weeks. Mine is red ans black with tow and gemini wheels. I think it has more to do of when we ordered than our color but who knows.
Definitely Not when you ordered. I see people who ordered month and half after me getting their Cars. Location and specs is definitely a factor. When i called Tesla CS. They said since you have red color it tends to take longer. Not sure how much truth to that but so far it looked like its true. I have Red and white interior plus not being in west coast factor in delays.

Reactions: JeffSanDiego
My fiance hates all the abbreviations and abbreviations of abbreviations we have in the Air Force 😂
My IMR says I'm overdue for my PHA but I already accomplished my PHAQ and MHAQ. Now I've been waiting for weeks on my PCM to make it go Green. It's annoying because ASIMS keeps yelling at me weekly via email. Maybe by the time I PCS, EFMP will force the issue in MDG otherwise MPF won't let me schedule through TMO.

Sound about right? Also, true story.

Definitely Not when you ordered. I see people who ordered month and half after me getting their Cars. Location and specs is definitely a factor. When i called Tesla CS. They said since you have red color it tends to take longer. Not sure how much truth to that but so far it looked like its true. I have Red and white interior plus not being in west coast factor in delays.
I'm sure both location and order date play a factor along with options. Wasn't denying that. But I don't think red is taking longer than any others. You and I have EDDs along the same lines as some June orders for who have other colors. Why is that? I have no idea but I haven't seen many people order way after us and get theirs except for the performance models.

Reactions: PatrickTM
My IMR says I'm overdue for my PHA but I already accomplished my PHAQ and MHAQ. Now I've been waiting for weeks on my PCM to make it go Green. It's annoying because ASIMS keeps yelling at me weekly via email. Maybe by the time I PCS, EFMP will force the issue in MDG otherwise MPF won't let me schedule through TMO.

Sound about right? Also, true story.
That sounds terrible 😂 Where are you PCSing too next? Also, this looks like a bunch of random letters to anyone not in the Air Force. @PatrickTM wouldn't you agree

Order is when you pay the $100 or $250 order fee. Profile completion is submitting registration info, payment method, license. The latter is when Tesla processes your order and adds you to the production queue. Changes to the order, holds, etc will all change that queue date which is really what we're trying to track. No one knows for sure if the order date alone has any bearing on production. It seems all based off the profile or last order change.
Ahh ok, thanks for the clarification. I think my profile is complete. My overview has a check mark beside "Prepare for delivery", so i assume my profile is complete.

I'm sure both location and order date play a factor along with options. Wasn't denying that. But I don't think red is taking longer than any others. You and I have EDDs along the same lines as some June orders for who have other colors. Why is that? I have no idea but I haven't seen many people order way after us and get theirs except for the performance models.
And you will likely get your car earlier in the quarter than similar West Coast orders placed around the same time since it seems the west LR deliveries are reserved for the final 10 days of the quarter. At least that’s what it seems like for Q3.

My EDD has been stuck for a good 2-3 weeks now - maybe more.
also, gathered in that time window that many folks got red/white combo or atleast the red MY.
please post if you got vins and have a red car… not sure if this color combo of red and white is causing delays?
I think red in general is delayed.

And you will likely get your car earlier in the quarter than similar West Coast orders placed around the same time since it seems the west LR deliveries are reserved for the final 10 days of the quarter. At least that’s what it seems like for Q3.
Hmmm then I hope I don't have to wait until end of quarter. I'm in Vegas so I'm not actually that far from Freemont, all things considered.

And if it is a 7 seater changes a lot.

It seems to me that color has a big influence on delivery. Every time the body shop changes color, the painting part of production has to stop and all of the paint machines cleaned and setup for the next color. It makes sense that Tesla would group orders of the same body color into production batches. Those colors with a larger number of orders will be produced more often while colors that are ordered less are likely queued until a threshold is reached where it makes financial sense to go through the trouble to switch paints.

I would think that other options like interior color, wheel sizes, or towing should not affect whether a particular car is made or not because none of these things require retooling like painting does. No matter the wheel or seat color, it doesn't change the function of production. The only problem I can see is if they have supply constraints on things like white interior parts or Induction wheels, etc. Then it can cause a delay for orders with specific options.

I wonder if Tesla prioritizes cars with certain options because they raise the profitability of those cars. A base MYLR with white paint has less margin than a MYLR with white paint with Inductions, a white interior, and tow. They both would take the same amount of time to produce and could roll off the line together but would Tesla prioritize the latter because they make more money? Not sure.

How long from order date until an EDD pops up? I know the EDD is a crazy estimate at this point but I ordered 9/2 and have yet to see an EDD show up yet. When I ordered they were quoting January delivery dates. Is it too soon or did I screw something up?
It usually is pretty quick, but in the EOQ push, it might not be until first week of October before you see yours.

My EDD has been stuck for a good 2-3 weeks now - maybe more.
also, gathered in that time window that many folks got red/white combo or atleast the red MY.
please post if you got vins and have a red car… not sure if this color combo of red and white is causing delays?
Same here my MYLR 7 seater red with black interior OD 7/4 is stuck with 10/17-11/6 EDD for almost a month now. Probably as red is costly, they are making less.

It seems to me that color has a big influence on delivery. Every time the body shop changes color, the painting part of production has to stop and all of the paint machines cleaned and setup for the next color. It makes sense that Tesla would group orders of the same body color into production batches. Those colors with a larger number of orders will be produced more often while colors that are ordered less are likely queued until a threshold is reached where it makes financial sense to go through the trouble to switch paints.

I would think that other options like interior color, wheel sizes, or towing should not affect whether a particular car is made or not because none of these things require retooling like painting does. No matter the wheel or seat color, it doesn't change the function of production. The only problem I can see is if they have supply constraints on things like white interior parts or Induction wheels, etc. Then it can cause a delay for orders with specific options.

I wonder if Tesla prioritizes cars with certain options because they raise the profitability of those cars. A base MYLR with white paint has less margin than a MYLR with white paint with Inductions, a white interior, and tow. They both would take the same amount of time to produce and could roll off the line together but would Tesla prioritize the latter because they make more money? Not sure.
It does seem VINs appear in batches of the same color. That might be coincidence though. Given how few colors they offer across the various product lines, it's entirely plausible they could have different paint assembly lines for each color they do. I suspect they have more than one "paint pipeline" though, even if they can't do all colors simultaneously. Something tells me they're always doing white cars at the very least.

It does seem VINs appear in batches of the same color. That might be coincidence though. Given how few colors they offer across the various product lines, it's entirely plausible they could have different paint assembly lines for each color they do. I suspect they have more than one "paint pipeline" though, even if they can't do all colors simultaneously. Something tells me they're always doing white cars at the very least.
Seems like white is a constant flow and 1st out on the new quarters.