Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Lots of VINs on the forum but the Teslike spreadsheet only shows 5 VINs for today. Friendly reminder to those who filled out the survey to update your response :)

My inventory demo car was 230XXX as well; was built in mid July. I am very happy with my car- I have noted no issues as of yet. Actually today I found there was dash cam footage from before I received it- I watched expecting to see someone gun it at least once.... but I was disappointed
I pick up my 230xxx demo in the morning! Your post helped me relax a bit. Still a little nervous she was beat. But it has less than 900 miles so we will see

I pick up my 230xxx demo in the morning! Your post helped me relax a bit. Still a little nervous she was beat. But it has less than 900 miles so we will see
This got me thinking, is there a breaking period on these cars like there is on an ice vehicle? Btw we’ll be headed to that side of the state today to pickup ours tomorrow!a

edit: answered my own question, nope no breaking period FTW(for the win)!!!

Last edited:
This got me thinking, is there a breaking period on these cars like there is on an ice vehicle? Btw we’ll be headed to that side of the state today to pickup ours tomorrow!a

edit: answered my own question, nope no breaking period FTW(for the win)!!!
Just noting your eggcorn for your future self: it’s a break-in period, not breaking period.

I suppose a breaking period would be just after your warranty expires and of course everything breaks. 😄

Well this would involve SAs proactively reaching out to customers to ask "hey do you want a demo vehicle with 500-2000 miles on it? Oh and the discount is only $500". That's a lot of calling to do and not everyone will want a demo vehicle. And who do you prioritize to call? People who have a January EDD? Or people with a Sept EDD?

It makes sense to throw them on the website so people who want it will take them. Not everyone wants a demo vehicle.
Yup to all this. Once I saw the demo vehicles going up I was very tempted until I realized it's pretty much the same cost as a new vehicle. If there was a significant price drop I would have gone for it. But I'm not paying the same price for a vehicle that has been driven by who knows how many people as I would for a brand new one.

I think it makes sense for someone who needs the car now, but I can wait (though I hate waiting lol).

A full 3 weeks with the same EDD. This is a first. Kinda hoping it’ll move back into October as originally promised when I ordered. Last rep I spoke with instilled confidence in me, saying I’ll most likely get it in October since he’s seen orders slightly before my OD starting to get their VINs in my area. I feel like they’re programmed to instill confidence tho. 😐
I have the same feeling. ODs in your range have EDDs in November. End of June ODs seem to have late September EDDs and majority getting VINs. So hopefully October will be for July ODs :) fingers crossed

Folks please out of respect for other posters please update your signature so we can see your ODs model info, location and EDD/VIN
Click on ACCOUNT on left bottom and type in the info in the CUSTOM TITLE space (similar to format I have used in my title).
Otherwise we don’t know when you ordered and what you ordered

Reactions: collaGOunltd
Lots of VINs on the forum but the Teslike spreadsheet only shows 5 VINs for today. Friendly reminder to those who filled out the survey to update your response :)

Please enter your information in the CUSTOM TITLE space by clicking on ACCOUNT. Atleast let everybody else easily see your information so we get a sense of what the status is. Lots of folks post - But how do we know their ODs or model info or location and EDDs unless everyone puts it in the CUSTOM TITLE space under ACCOUNT!!!

Scheduled to take delivery Saturday, September 25th at 4pm (earliest possible time I could take delivery). VIN series 268XXX. Called the service center in Savannah where I’ll be taking delivery and they told me it’s on the truck slated to arrive Saturday but it could be sooner.

What’s the possibility of delivery a day earlier? I’m supposed to be making a big 1500 mile round trip this weekend and I’d much rather leave Friday straight from the SC than be a day late and have to rush back. Had the trip planned for a while and delivery just happened to fall on the day I’m supposed to be in Delaware. Planning on emailing the service agent I’ve been coordinating with to give me any updates as well.
Update your signature title bro. Click on ACCOUNT and type it in the CUSTOM TITLE space. Make sure to put it in a format like I have used so everyone gets to see your details clearly. Otherwise there is only few people who may know or remember your information from when you originally posted it?? There are several old timers here also who don’t lost their information in the title. Folks please do it so that forum posters recognize your details (OD, model, location, EDD/VIN etc)!!!!

Do you think that change sent you to the back of the queue and treated you like a new order?
You seem to be a long timer. What’s your OD, model, location, EDD/VIN? Could you take 1-2 minutes - Click on ACCOUNT on left bottom of screen and type in your details in CUSTOM TITLE space please!! Otherwise only a handful may know when you ordered, what you ordered to compare and analyze the trends in deliveries. Thanks!!!!

My EDD has been stuck for a good 2-3 weeks now - maybe more.
also, gathered in that time window that many folks got red/white combo or atleast the red MY.
please post if you got vins and have a red car… not sure if this color combo of red and white is causing delays?
Given that their untaken inventory for all makes is zero the high demand model and combinations may obviously be served earlier as they are easier to schedule mass manufacturing. The rarer attributes will likely need to be pooled and reach certain thresholds before they trigger being built? Red with white should be on a bit rarer side just because of the 3-4K higher total price tag. Mine is blue with white with hitch and FSD. So God Knows whether that’s also a rare because not many people like the deep blue haha :)
No options but to wait patiently

I still haven't ridden in a Tesla. Driving off the lot may be my first time.
It will definitely be my first time. I own a PHEV that I drive in EV mode 95% of the time, but it's nowhere in the category of a Tesla. But it was enough for me to realize I wanted electric. I'll be trying to get the heck out of DC so I'll have it on chill mode and creep mode until I'm far, far away.

Reactions: PatrickTM
I'm actually a little concerned about this. We have two 12+ year old sedans currently and haven't ever had car payments for them. This Tesla's gonna make me want to replace the second vehicle with another Tesla, thus going from two $5k vehicles to two $50k+ vehicles. Yikes!

I tell myself that's future me's problem because it widely is. Too many variables, I can just restrain myself (hah!), prices are decreasing, etc. It's not keeping up with the Jones' for me. It's keeping up with the Tech! First world problem, I know.
If you can hang on for a few years I believe it's going to be a whole order of magnitude better value proposition by 2023.

• Helpful
Reactions: PatrickTM
You seem to be a long timer. What’s your OD, model, location, EDD/VIN? Could you take 1-2 minutes - Click on ACCOUNT on left bottom of screen and type in your details in CUSTOM TITLE space please!! Otherwise only a handful may know when you ordered, what you ordered to compare and analyze the trends in deliveries. Thanks!!!!
Yup, long timer in this thread, but relatively new to the EV world. I take far more than 1-2 mins a day reading + contributing to conversations and shooting the shite on here, but unfortunately my order info, which can be found in my sig, is too long be fit legibly in the "Custom Title" field. Could I somehow condense it in there? Maybe, but it'd drive me nuts seeing all the abbreviations. I get too many abbreviations in my day job as is.

Given that their untaken inventory for all makes is zero the high demand model and combinations may obviously be served earlier as they are easier to schedule mass manufacturing. The rarer attributes will likely need to be pooled and reach certain thresholds before they trigger being built? Red with white should be on a bit rarer side just because of the 3-4K higher total price tag. Mine is blue with white with hitch and FSD. So God Knows whether that’s also a rare because not many people like the deep blue haha :)
No options but to wait patiently
One more day and one more deep breath… 😂
Wife and I discussed switching to deep blue hoping that might come sooner, but alas no… you are in the same boat as is… 🙂

Reactions: JeffSanDiego