Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Take the money and run! Is there any option for you not to rent? Work remotely some days, borrow a car from friends or family? I don't mean for the entire time but piecing it together could save you bucks.
I’m tempted to! The CarMax estimate is valid for a week. I moved home during the pandemic so I can make so with sharing my parents car and/renting. I mostly need a car for school drop offs/pick ups and other kid related happenings.

Very tempted…

@OhMYLRdy! officially welcomed our MY to the family!! It is perfect, no issues at all with gaps or paint. Tesla of Littleton was a pleasure to do business with and we couldn’t be happier!! The wait is absolutely worth it! Now the little thinks she needs her own Tesla after seeing the tiny one in the showroom 😂😂
1EFC0E06-3A45-4C22-8FD5-8A9EE9AF3A9B.jpeg
77444F7A-7BC1-4385-8B12-0A150FDF896E.jpeg

Holding steady at 12 Oct - 1 November. I interpret this as Elon telling me once the EOQ west coast flail is done they'll take a week off or something and start shooting cars to the east coast.

That's perfect. A VIN in the first 2 weeks of October would be perfect with delivery the last week in time for Halloween. I could call it Casper since it's white on white but I've already decided on Buzz (with significant 'input' from the most beautiful woman in the world!)

When you apply, at some point they will ask you to choose the reason you are eligible for the DCU membership. There will be a bunch of options like family relation to an existing member, employment with companies that are partners to DCU, etc. Since most of us are not local to DCU, the last option is to just donate to support an organization supported by DCU. The cheapest option is an entity buying school supplies for schools and it costs $10 or $15 or something. You do that and boom, you are eligible and become a member.

You can apply for a car loan without membership to get pre-approved but to follow through with a loan or to get their rate in a document for matching at Tesla you have to get the membership. Hope that helps!
That more than helped! Thanks a lot!

Reactions: Dogeftw and ZeeMike
Anyone else get the automated text message last week?

Tesla Update - We currently plan to build and deliver your Model Y in September.

Please reply SEPTEMBER if you are ready for delivery this month and we will contact you about scheduling your delivery once your Model Y is built.
Please reply DELAY if you cannot take delivery this month and we will reach back out after September.

I replied with September, but got no response at all. It’s been 7 days since then and no updates. OD 6/23 MYLR5

Folks a random question- How many MYLR does Tesla produce per month in the USA? I have tried to find a figure just to see but all we have is the quarterly GLOBAL sales from their ERs. Anybody knows?
Interesting question. Here’s my “bullshit unscientific analysis”.

In the US, Tesla has been making Model Y since March 2020. So they’ve been making them for ~19 months. Right now we’re seeing 270,xxx VINs being assigned, so I’m going to assume that ~280,000 units have been manufactured.

280,000 / 19 = 14,737 Model Y produced per month, on average, from Mar 2020 to present day. I’ll round up and say a running average of 15k Model Y produced per month. That’s an average from start of Model Y production in Mar2020 to Sep2021, so it is reasonable to assume that current monthly production rate has ramped up to something much greater. How much greater? Not sure. I think Tesla Fremont currently produces between 15k to 30k per month, or 500 to 1k units per day.

That’s as far as I can comfortably go with my bullshit analysis. I don‘t have the data to break it down between LR vs P. I don’t think Tesla releases that data publicly.

@OhMYLRdy! officially welcomed our MY to the family!! It is perfect, no issues at all with gaps or paint. Tesla of Littleton was a pleasure to do business with and we couldn’t be happier!! The wait is absolutely worth it! Now the little thinks she needs her own Tesla after seeing the tiny one in the showroom 😂😂
View attachment 712766View attachment 712767
Congrats! Lovely car for a even lovelier family!!

Did you already pop those aero covers off, or did the DC stick them in the trunk?

Maybe, true to form, the SA you spoke to doesn't know what's going on. When I picked up my Y, it took about 3 days for the free miles to show up in my Lootbox. In fact, I think I had given up on it showing but I really wanted to try supercharging so that I was familiar with the process and was pleasantly surprised that it cost me $0. That's when I checked my Lootbox and found the balance of my free miles left when it hadn't been there before. Give it a few days, maybe it's just delayed like mine.
Same delay with my husband’s miles showing up after he took delivery 2 weeks ago.

Tesla Update - We currently plan to build and deliver your Model Y in September.

Please reply SEPTEMBER if you are ready for delivery this month and we will contact you about scheduling your delivery once your Model Y is built.
Please reply DELAY if you cannot take delivery this month and we will reach back out after September.

I replied with September, but got no response at all. It’s been 7 days since then and no updates. OD 6/23 MYLR5
I did not get any messages, sigh…

I’m tempted to! The CarMax estimate is valid for a week. I moved home during the pandemic so I can make so with sharing my parents car and/renting. I mostly need a car for school drop offs/pick ups and other kid related happenings.

Very tempted…
Dunno your kid(s) ages and the distance of your related happenings but while it's still a good temp most days, bikes can be fun!

A lot of folks got it. Same here - responded immediately and complete radio silence from that number since then. The phone number was also varying between people / regions, probably from an automated system.

Reactions: Astuart82

Yes, I got that text last week as well and replied September. Yesterday at 5:17pm I recieved the following text message from
the same phone number. Not sure what it means, if anything.

“Hello! Congratulations on your new Tesla order! In order to better prepare you for delivery day and get you more comfortable behind the wheel of your Tesla, we have designed a virtual group orientation you can sign up for below! During this orientation we will cover: Charging, Basic Operations, Autopilot, and more! To sign up for this optional orientation, please follow this link: “

Reactions: ConchChick