Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I picked up my car in Fort Lauderdale today. It was raining so I didn’t get to do the detailed inspection I had planned on, but there were no major flaws that I could see. Hopefully tomorrow morning I can do a thorough inspection in the Florida sunshine.

We all know Tesla customer service isn’t famous for being good and today they weren’t. My SA was off today and based on his lack of response over the past week I’m not sure he’s even employed anymore. I ended up being shuffled between two other SA’s. There were quite a few new cars on the lot, but none on the showroom floor. Some people were picking up their cars, but it didn’t appear to be extremely busy. None the less the SA’s seemed rushed.

I did my cursory inspection, handed them my cashiers check, and they handed me the card keys and that was pretty much it. After unlocking the car and the App I noticed that Supercharging was pay per use. No free miles even though my SA had said he had entered my code. I went back in and the last SA stated that that program had ended and they couldn’t do anything on-site. I asked for HQ contact info and he couldn’t provide any. Unacceptable!!

If anyone has a number or email for Customer Service I’d appreciate it. The free Supercharging isn’t critical, but their attitude, lack of information, and failure to uphold our contract is pissing me off. This is my second MY and I will say the Tesla people in Mt. Kisco were much more customer friendly.

In closing meet Stormtrooper Elon. Please let me know which way you like the wheels. With the aero cover or without, but with silver canter cap and lug nut caps.

Maybe, true to form, the SA you spoke to doesn't know what's going on. When I picked up my Y, it took about 3 days for the free miles to show up in my Lootbox. In fact, I think I had given up on it showing but I really wanted to try supercharging so that I was familiar with the process and was pleasantly surprised that it cost me $0. That's when I checked my Lootbox and found the balance of my free miles left when it hadn't been there before. Give it a few days, maybe it's just delayed like mine.

Yes, they pop right off. I may plasti-dip them black (the wheels or the covers), but I’m partial to silver over black. We’ll see.
My quandary is if reinstalling the covers over dipped wheels will scratch the dip. I'd expect it would but maybe it don't look too bad? I'd like to dip both wheels and covers but TBD. Fortunately plastidip is cheap enough I can experiment and peel it off it it looks bad from scratches.

I ordered a MY Long range on august 7th with a estimated delivery date of December,yesterday they updated the delivery time frame to March so we decided to upgrade to the performance model , now the estimated delivery date is October 20th to November 19th
Whoa, that's an insane jump! More shortages anticipated? Factory retooling? Slower-than-expected ramp up at Texas? Who the hell knows.

I know you already made the jump (congrats!), but I don't trust EDDs that are not "real" dates. When it displays a generic month, that's just a placeholder until you get a real EDD date range. Neither are truly accurate, though most people seem to finally take delivery fairly close to their initial EDD range.

Picked up my MYP today! Had a couple things that need fixed. Some curb rash, trunk and headlight alignment and the spoiler was lifting.

Oh and my frunk is super loud when opening it. Way louder than my Model 3 and harder to close. Idk if that's normal for the y but I'm gonna have them check it out.

But since picking it up I've debadged, added mudflaps, installed carbon fiber mirror caps, tesmanian mats, screen protector, seat back protectors for both rows, installed smart charge tool and installed 2 car sears (third seat is still usable!)

Next I have to do my trunk and side ppf then onto interior wraps

Oh and t e s l a letters
Pardon my ignorance, but what is a "smart charge tool"?

Reactions: ConchChick
If mine flipped to March can't say I wouldn't switch to MYP immediately. Patience is not a virtue of mine 🤣
If I became convinced my delivery date would actually be in March, I might have to reconsider too! But I've been following this thread long enough to notice temporary, sometimes wild fluctuations in EDD are apparently normal, and usually they revert back to something more sane assuming profile is complete, changes weren't made etc. I think December is a realistic timeframe given other people's experiences, but there are factors at play that aren't constant - like parts availability etc.

If I became convinced my delivery date would actually be in March, I might have to reconsider too! But I've been following this thread long enough to notice temporary, sometimes wild fluctuations in EDD are apparently normal, and usually they revert back to something more sane assuming profile is complete, changes weren't made etc. I think December is a realistic timeframe given other people's experiences, but there are factors at play that aren't constant - like parts availability etc.
Same. December, no later than January.

Although the outstanding May orders are probably laughing at my "optimism"

Reactions: PatrickTM
I believe so but read the rules on the DCU website. They just charged me the required amount during membership activation, not sure if that is an annual thing or not. Probably not.
This DCU thing confuses me. I looked at the website and from what I read I assumed I was not eligible, but perhaps I am wrong? Can someone please share what is necessary for eligibility for DCU?

Run your appraisal again through Tesla but not from your account. I found out our trade in went up when Carvana offered a couple extra hundred dollars. I reran at Tesla and they offered $800 extra. Then call and have them update the trade in.
Did you have any issues with them increasing your trade in value? I’m scheduled for delivery Monday and just reran though their website and my value went from $5500 initially to $7600! I would love to get that matched.

I picked up my car in Fort Lauderdale today. It was raining so I didn’t get to do the detailed inspection I had planned on, but there were no major flaws that I could see. Hopefully tomorrow morning I can do a thorough inspection in the Florida sunshine.

We all know Tesla customer service isn’t famous for being good and today they weren’t. My SA was off today and based on his lack of response over the past week I’m not sure he’s even employed anymore. I ended up being shuffled between two other SA’s. There were quite a few new cars on the lot, but none on the showroom floor. Some people were picking up their cars, but it didn’t appear to be extremely busy. None the less the SA’s seemed rushed.

I did my cursory inspection, handed them my cashiers check, and they handed me the card keys and that was pretty much it. After unlocking the car and the App I noticed that Supercharging was pay per use. No free miles even though my SA had said he had entered my code. I went back in and the last SA stated that that program had ended and they couldn’t do anything on-site. I asked for HQ contact info and he couldn’t provide any. Unacceptable!!

If anyone has a number or email for Customer Service I’d appreciate it. The free Supercharging isn’t critical, but their attitude, lack of information, and failure to uphold our contract is pissing me off. This is my second MY and I will say the Tesla people in Mt. Kisco were much more customer friendly.

In closing meet Stormtrooper Elon. Please let me know which way you like the wheels. With the aero cover or without, but with silver canter cap and lug nut caps.
So sorry about that experience....
I like it with the aero cover

I was thinking to use this one today teslaprep/model_y_checklist.md at master · mykeln/teslaprep

But your suggested app looks pretty good. Thanks!
I just did a comparison of this app and the Inspect T app, and then looked at them next to the pdf apps out there (TesBros and J.Q Louise's) the teslaprep list/app (they set it up to go well on your phone) is great! It is really thorough and allows you to make a form (the same as the Inspect T app). I think I may use a combination of the TeslaPrep and Inspect T app.
The Inspect T app allows you to store pictures of any issues you find in the area you find it, so panel gaps on the trunk will be under the trunk section, and it also allows you to describe what is wrong. But it doesn't give any direction (which I think most people are looking for). The PDFs and the Teslap Prep checklist do, and again the Tesla Prep was set up for the phone.

Thanks for linking that, I will not need to carry paper and pen around with me now.

This DCU thing confuses me. I looked at the website and from what I read I assumed I was not eligible, but perhaps I am wrong? Can someone please share what is necessary for eligibility for DCU?
When you apply, at some point they will ask you to choose the reason you are eligible for the DCU membership. There will be a bunch of options like family relation to an existing member, employment with companies that are partners to DCU, etc. Since most of us are not local to DCU, the last option is to just donate to support an organization supported by DCU. The cheapest option is an entity buying school supplies for schools and it costs $10 or $15 or something. You do that and boom, you are eligible and become a member.

You can apply for a car loan without membership to get pre-approved but to follow through with a loan or to get their rate in a document for matching at Tesla you have to get the membership. Hope that helps!