Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Posted this as well in the Performance Thread.

Delivered about 2 weeks ago. Everything was perfect, minus a loose spoiler. 40% tint on the front windows, 5% strip on the windshield, and some new wheels/all seasons (some 20s) for the Rhode Island winter. Getting her XPEL matte/satin wrapped in about a week, as well as a custom 10" sub for the sub trunk space (I had it in my Model 3 as well. Doesnt lose range. Makes low end bass remarkable). A few other small additions like rebadging with T ES L A on the back in black, dual motor in black as well, Tesla "T" in black on the front, blue foot wells in the front and back, mud flaps have all been done.

I think Im done making her my own after the wrap! YAY!

IMG_0655.jpeg

IMG_0658.jpeg

Anyone else get the automated text message last week?

Tesla Update - We currently plan to build and deliver your Model Y in September.

Please reply SEPTEMBER if you are ready for delivery this month and we will contact you about scheduling your delivery once your Model Y is built.
Please reply DELAY if you cannot take delivery this month and we will reach back out after September.

I replied with September, but got no response at all. It’s been 7 days since then and no updates. OD 6/23 MYLR5
I got that message last week also and replied SEPTEMBER in caps lol. But yesterday I got another text from the same number with “You should get matched to a car in a day or so and then delivery by the 30th.” Let’s see how true this is…

Delivered about 2 weeks ago. Everything was perfect, minus a loose spoiler. 40% tint on the front windows, 5% strip on the windshield, and some new wheels/all seasons (some 20s) for the Rhode Island winter. Getting her XPEL matte/satin wrapped in about a week, as well as a custom 10" sub for the sub trunk space (I had it in my Model 3 as well. Doesnt lose range. Makes low end bass remarkable). A few other small additions like rebadging with T ES L A on the back in black, dual motor in black as well, Tesla "T" in black on the front, blue foot wells in the front and back, mud flaps have all been done.

View attachment 712903

View attachment 712902
Nice I’ve been waiting for your wheel post to see how they look on. Let’s just say the look Freaking Awesome!! Well done.

Nice I’ve been waiting for your wheel post to see how they look on. Let’s just say the look Freaking Awesome!! Well done.

Thanks! I wasnt sure about them, but DANG! They look awesome! One small thing though. The balance tiles were placed in the DUMBEST spot. You can see now Id assume. Having them rebalanced and placed on the inner lip ASAP. So ridiculous, but whatever. I wont lose sleep over it for now. HAHA!

Thanks! I wasnt sure about them, but DANG! They look awesome! One small thing though. The balance tiles were placed in the DUMBEST spot. You can see now Id assume. Having them rebalanced and placed on the inner lip ASAP. So ridiculous, but whatever. I wont lose sleep over it for now. HAHA!
Looks awesome. What wheels are those? And what tires did you end up getting for the winter?

Looks awesome. What wheels are those? And what tires did you end up getting for the winter?

They are YSM-919 TURBINE Gunmetal with Machined Face Wheels by INOVIT®. 20" x 9" with LX-TWENTY Tires (LXST202040010) by LEXANI®. 255/40ZR20. Wheels are very well prices, and light so I went with them. Wheels are lower quality, budget all seasons, but had good reviews on crossovers. Thoughts I’d wing it and see.

Reactions: dfiz1 and meshbiz
How much for the xpel wrap? Doing it full or partial?

Don't leave us!!! Show us what the outside world looks like!!! We are all trapped in here!!!
A full 3 weeks with the same EDD. This is a first. Kinda hoping it’ll move back into October as originally promised when I ordered. Last rep I spoke with instilled confidence in me, saying I’ll most likely get it in October since he’s seen orders slightly before my OD starting to get their VINs in my area. I feel like they’re programmed to instill confidence tho. 😐
Same here. EDD been 11/11-12/1 for a while, but my SA is confident we will get by the end of October … like originally was when we ordered. So we will see 😊

Reactions: Dreene and Nomogaz

View attachment 712903

View attachment 712902
Looks awesome. Congratulations! A little jealous…

• Love
Reactions: JaeTheDev
Please enter your information in the CUSTOM TITLE space by clicking on ACCOUNT. Atleast let everybody else easily see your information so we get a sense of what the status is. Lots of folks post - But how do we know their ODs or model info or location and EDDs unless everyone puts it in the CUSTOM TITLE space under ACCOUNT!!!
I don’t know why but I cannot find it where to do it…

Say hello to Galahad!

Delivery went very smoothly about 45mins, 20mins of me looking the car over and about 20mins to complete the registration. The DC person working with me, Troy, was excellent. Car was nearly flawless except for a small scuff on the rear bumper. Troy grabbed a portable polisher and cleaned it up in less than a minute.

It calibrated autopilot in about 10miles. Now to play and put on the accessories!

View attachment 712480View attachment 712481View attachment 712482View attachment 712483
Congrats!!! Looks awesome!!! Cannot wait for mine 😊

Reactions: Mister_Greyman
So I'm still stuck at 10/17-11/6, but I'm hit with a conundrum. The MYLR is replacing my 2018 Highlander, which I had been getting sale price estimates from CarMax for $36k-$38k depending on the week. Tesla's trade in estimates have fluctuated between $32k-$34k. However, when I checked CarMax just now, the estimate is up to $42k, which seems kind of nuts given I bought the car for around $46k and have put 20k miles on it 🤷‍♂️. I'm not sure if CarMax is good about honoring the estimates they give online, but I'm almost tempted to sell and rent a sedan for a month or so, which looks like it'll cost ~$1200.

Dilemma here is the very likely scenario of my EDD getting continuously pushed and having to spend more and more on rentals 😭
if there is a "Turo" equivalent where you are, look there for a cheapo car. May cost you $500 a month maybe.

I have seen cars as low as $30 with taxes and such on it. Miles may be a limit. I had a lot of miles to drive when I rented a few years ago.

Reactions: PatrickTM
"Virtual group orientation"? What the hell does that mean? All instructional videos are just videos you can see on YT. Sounds more like a scam message with some sketchy link than something Tesla would send. But if it is coming for that same phone number, that must be Tesla and that is even weirder. Unless the scammers spoof that number too...
Um. The spouse and I have ours Monday evening; NJ/PA/MD and maybe some other states are all involved with it. There were 140 or so people on the Teams call, with people typing questions into the chat as fast as they could go. One guy giving the presentation, which was verbal and kind of power-pointish; two others answering questions on the chat.
This being Teams.. As it happens, I did this on my work PC which actually has teams, and it all came up in the Teams application. Apparently a small number of people (maybe 4 or 8) didn't get the audio. Interestingly, most of us were identified as "first_name.last_name Guest"; those who didn't have audio seemed to be mostly "Guest".
A lot of requests for a transcript or recording. Teams can do that (we do it at work), but either the version the Tesla people was using was incapable of that or the people running the show didn't know. This particular crowd running the show stated that they do this every Monday evening, rain or shine.
I'd say that 90%+ of the questions were legit. But there appeared to be a troll or two attempting to disrupt things; one person repetitively asked, "What am I going to do without a spare?", as if there aren't plenty of non-Tesla cars that come sans spares. Or asking, "What happens when my 4-year (I think) 50,000 mile warranty runs out, and I get a flat?" Um. Answer: You call AAA or something and get them to come fix it, what else is new?
Since the spouse and I have a 2018 M3, there wasn't that much new to us on the call; I answered a few questions. (My favorite: "How well does the EZ Pass work in New Jersey?" Answer: "Very well. But make sure you get a Green transponder from the EZ-Pass people, you get a small discount.")

So, not a scam. And in these days of COVID, safer for the employees.

Yeah, you'll have to do your own key pairing, they won't help, I guess.

if there is a "Turo" equivalent where you are, look there for a cheapo car. May cost you $500 a month maybe.

I have seen cars as low as $30 with taxes and such on it. Miles may be a limit. I had a lot of miles to drive when I rented a few years ago.
Yea I looked at Turo as well and it wasn’t a big different relative to the rental car agencies.

Reactions: ArrogantSeeker
This DCU thing confuses me. I looked at the website and from what I read I assumed I was not eligible, but perhaps I am wrong? Can someone please share what is necessary for eligibility for DCU?
What Mr. Mike said below sums it up.
I just went through this with my brother's financing and he got pre approved without being a member, but then he had to go through the application which required for a selection to be made, but since we aren't local to DCU, we chose the "School" foundation to donate to, which is like $10.
He then got the opportunity to use the referral link at one point of the application (I was busy playing ping pong 🤣), and luckily another member here had shared the referral which I gave to him.
I will need one later lol.

The only pending thing is that he has a car loan right now and DCU mentioned trading it in for the loan process, and he told them we are selling it to a dealership/third party and not looking to trade it in. The underwriter will get back to us, maybe tomorrow.
When you apply, at some point they will ask you to choose the reason you are eligible for the DCU membership. There will be a bunch of options like family relation to an existing member, employment with companies that are partners to DCU, etc. Since most of us are not local to DCU, the last option is to just donate to support an organization supported by DCU. The cheapest option is an entity buying school supplies for schools and it costs $10 or $15 or something. You do that and boom, you are eligible and become a member.

You can apply for a car loan without membership to get pre-approved but to follow through with a loan or to get their rate in a document for matching at Tesla you have to get the membership. Hope that helps!