Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Curious, did Carvana honor the original on-line estimate or were adjustments made once they inspected?
I sold my2019 M3 with 12k miles to Carvana for $40k in August. Only $1k less than the original price. They extended the quote from 7 days to four weeks and didn’t adjust the price from the online amount. They picked up at my house.

Reactions: kjyam99 and TatisJr
For those of you who have been lucky enough to take delivery recently, I have a question. What software version are you rocking. Mine is terrible old (2021.11.102) and no updates have come through. Took delivery in 9/17. How long does it typically take it’s see updates? Anyone know?
(photo for attention, isn’t she pretty?!?)
Just picked up on Saturday 09/25 and that is the version I am on also I believe. Definitely a step back from my Model 3. I heard it can take some time, maybe a few weeks, to get the new cars in the SW upgrade queue but curious to hear others experiences as well.

Reactions: Drock77
Interesting hypothesis. I read somewhere that one of the reasons Tesla wasn't as affected by the chip shortage is they aren't constrained by specific chips because they can update firmware as needed for various suppliers. That's a key advantage, if true, and would support this hypothesis.
I remember Elon saying that Tesla won't be as affected by chip shortage due to their ability to pivot and use alternate chips, and rapidly re-write firmware to make them work like the existing products. That has turned out to be not the case, as the entire semiconductor industry suffered from massive shortage, even those alternate chips that were meant to be substitutes. Tesla ended up having to shut down production lines temporarily, just like other automakers. What has helped Tesla, I believe, was removing features to reduce chip usage, such as pass. lumbar adjustment and radar.

Thank you! Strangely, they want to do home delivery on 9/30, even though I I live like 4 miles away from the Carlsbad Tesla Delivery Center. I’ll try to change that tomorrow to pick it up there on that same date.
They were initially delivering my brother's M3, and he agreed, and I scolded him (He is much much younger than me, in his late 20's) to get it changed to the center. I was like you want to deal with a delivery person and then deal with things if they come up later, or get it taken care of at the center. He was like "Okayyyyy"

For those of you who have been lucky enough to take delivery recently, I have a question. What software version are you rocking. Mine is terrible old (2021.11.102) and no updates have come through. Took delivery in 9/17. How long does it typically take it’s see updates? Anyone know?
I'm sportin' 2021.11.103.....

Interesting hypothesis. I read somewhere that one of the reasons Tesla wasn't as affected by the chip shortage is they aren't constrained by specific chips because they can update firmware as needed for various suppliers. That's a key advantage, if true, and would support this hypothesis.
Further reference, my wife's M3 remains on the initial firmware 2021.11.103, delivered 9/5. Hopefully an update will be pushed prior to a month of ownership. (This wait is nothing compared to my MY wait though).

• Informative
Reactions: kjyam99
I’m so happy you and Watermelon are one now! I’ll miss your amusing updates but glad you’ll be able to turn your addiction to Watermelon. It looks great! And awesome to see so many other reds getting delivered.
RED IS GORGEOUS - but I think I might have said that before, sorry.

Okay, the big day has come to an end! She's home.

My kids are still thinking of the name so I'll leave them to it. They were responsible for checking out the infotainment system - quality control results came all positive, they basically live in the garage now.

Delivery was pretty much flawless, took 30-40 minutes. Car is very, very well build. One tiny paint blemish found on the rear bumper and another one on the lower plastic around the tow hitch area, both polished right out by Tesla advisor. Trade-in went smoothly - as easy as leaving the keys with the check-in person along with the registration paperwork.

No visible uneven panel gaps, no trim problems, no scratches, no scuffs, all controls work, drive is fantastic. I followed the Tesla Prep checklist. Seems like they really are getting there with the build quality. There was literally a line of people picking up their Teslas, a few other MYs in my configuration (tons and tons of white Teslas to be honest, I really didn't spot any red ones unfortunately @JeffSanDiego, I think there was only one red Model S Plaid) also seemed pretty perfect and people were coming in, checking cars and driving off. Didn't see any delivery rejection drama.

One stupid thing I did: DO NOT sign out of the logged-in music streaming Slacker Radio account. It comes from Tesla and stays with your car. Personal Slacker free accounts do not work apparently, you have to pay for the premium version. Now I have to call them this week and get me logged back in, it literally tells you to do that on the screen as you do not have the login credentials. Weird, I know.

There, 120 days from order to delivery and here is the pics tax!

View attachment 714796View attachment 714797View attachment 714798View attachment 714799View attachment 714800
Congratulations! Such a happy ending for a LONG wait. :)

Yeah, I noticed that. Mine is stuck at 2021.11.103. I read somewhere that Tesla probably does this purposely and keeps it on the last most stable build 🤷‍♀️ but that after a month, updates become available. We'll just have to wait and see...my 1 month anniversary is coming up.

My software is the same version as yours. Took delivery this past Saturday 9/25. Car manufacture date 9 (as in September :))/21 (as in 2021 :)). Will look for updates today to see if there are any.

Reactions: Drock77
...and then, the MYLR changes to a 9-28 to 9-30 EDD. The drama! I'll sit for another day, or two, to see if it actually comes through. Seems short notice without a VIN
It happened to me, after 3 days stuck with no VIN but a sweet EDD, went back to where it was before. CA cases are different, hopefully you get a VIN anytime now and the EDD stays.

My EDD just jumped sooner by a whole month! A certain, ehhem, digital asset class better get moving on its rumored price growth or I'll be stuck with a car loan I don't want.
Yes! Big jump, happy for you. Hopefully it stays and gets better, let's wait n see if there are others reporting similar trends.
edited: @pinetreek has seen same trend.

Last edited: