Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did you have to get a permit for your wall connector?
Electrician got the permit. I live in a condo. IMG_20210927_121325.jpg

We've done 2 trade ins with Carvana. They don't inspect anything. First time, dude comes up, starts the car, turns it off and shows paper work to sign and hands the check over then tows the car away. Second time was a couple months ago for my mom. Same thing, start car, sign paperwork, hands check over. This time, he puts the keys in a lock box attached the window and a sticker on the windshield. Tow truck came the next day to pick it up. They don't even check if you select a package to see if it really comes with it.
With Shift, they spent ~15 min looking around the car for dents/scratches (didn't find any) and then I signed the paperwork and they drove it off (they said they would inspect the subframe for any damage back at their shop). Two days later they wired the money to my bank. I literally got an online quote on Sunday and they drove it away Monday evening...seamless process and they stuck to their quote.

Anyone in Chicagoland burbs, had the Wall Connector installed?
yep, I used smart charge america! more expensive but their work speaks for it's self. Makes owning my MY so much better to be able to charge up quickly compared to using the 110v outlet the first week. They ran 110' of conduit and cable from my breaker to the garage around the finished parts of my basement (other electricians wanted to cut my drywalled ceiling) and made the installation seamless. I didn't even have to buy the WC, they have them in stock. Message me for a referral, there's a discount if you tell them another customer referred you.
IMG_6689.jpg
IMG_6713.jpg

yep, I used smart charge america! more expensive but their work speaks for it's self. Makes owning my MY so much better to be able to charge up quickly compared to using the 110v outlet the first week. They ran 110' of conduit and cable from my breaker to the garage around the finished parts of my basement (other electricians wanted to cut my drywalled ceiling) and made the installation seamless. I didn't even have to buy the WC, they have them in stock. Message me for a referral, there's a discount if you tell them another customer referred you.View attachment 714970View attachment 714971
I would appreciate a referral, thank you! Getting a few electricians ask me questions, and such, vs my thinking of them coming out to the house to give a quote.

I would appreciate a referral, thank you! Getting a few electricians ask me questions, and such, vs my thinking of them coming out to the house to give a quote.
yeah if you visit the smart charge america website their system is clever. When requesting a quote they ask for pictures/ videos of your breaker and garage to try to extrapolate the amount of work and expense of the job. Once you decide their quote is in the "right neighborhood" as far as price, they'll send their master electrician out to finalize the quote and determine the best way to run the conduit. Very smart process instead of having to provide any technical details they try to get everything out of the pictures and description you provide them.

Message me here for details.

Ugh, this has been an issue since my 2014 Model S (which means it was an issue since late 2011 when the first ones rolled off the production line.) Sucks it's not yet fixed since my dude will be in a booster eventually. First we need to simply turn him around to front facing. Might do it soon. He's asking (and is over 3.5)
Dang!! Well, good to know it’s not just user error on my part 😂 Front facing and I had a love-hate relationship: on one hand, I could actually hear what she was saying and could easily hand her things, but on the other, I could definitely do without the seat kicking 😂😂 kick mats are a must once you flip them around!!

Dang!! Well, good to know it’s not just user error on my part 😂 Front facing and I had a love-hate relationship: on one hand, I could actually hear what she was saying and could easily hand her things, but on the other, I could definitely do without the seat kicking 😂😂 kick mats are a must once you flip them around!!
And believe me, it continues. My son is 9 and still "forgets" to not to put his feet on the seats. So much so that I have these waiting for my MY

They just arrived so going to try them out on my wife's M3 at some point in the near future. Hopefully they will look close to OEM with the black interior.

Reactions: MattDJupiter
Stupid question...with deliveries being pushed out to April of next year I have finally decided to pull the trigger and order a Model Y. I am filling out my registration info and tesla is asking if I am transferring license plates or not. What makes the most sense to do? I live in NY and will be taking deliver at Mt. Kisco if that matters at all.

And believe me, it continues. My son is 9 and still "forgets" to not to put his feet on the seats. So much so that I have these waiting for my MY

They just arrived so going to try them out on my wife's M3 at some point in the near future. Hopefully they will look close to OEM with the black interior.
Yes!! The taller they get, the worse it gets!! Those protectors look really nice!! We got an organizer/tablet holder style, but I don’t love the way it buckles. If we decide to replace it, these would be a good option!

Reactions: samori01