Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This thread has never worried about staying on topic, not sure why it should start now? This thread seems to be equal parts group therapy, stream of consciousness, free association, conspiracy theories and "things to buy for your tesla while waiting for your tesla". The post you're replying to seems to be in that last category.
FREE THE
LUMBAR SUPPORT BUTTON!

Man the DCU loan is only 1.49%!!! I am going to try to email my SA to see if he can change my current payment method to cash. Right now I have the Tesla provided loan at 2.49%
Hopefully doing so shouldn’t change my EDD
Payment change shouldn't affect your edd. We just did that on the M3, picking up tomorrow.

For those of you who have been lucky enough to take delivery recently, I have a question. What software version are you rocking. Mine is terrible old (2021.11.102) and no updates have come through. Took delivery in 9/17. How long does it typically take it’s see updates? Anyone know?
(photo for attention, isn’t she pretty?!?)
I took delivery on Friday, Sept 24 and my software version is 2021.11.103. I also put a mesh access point right next to my wall charger so there's a strong signal at the MY. (I don't remember the version number at delivery so the network could mean nothing). I also have the advanced switch on, telling tesla that i'd like to be an early adopter.

It’s actually 0.25% less than that due to DCU offering that in discount for EV loans. You can email [email protected] if you have the loan offer from DCU (pdf or docusign screenshot) and ask Tesla to match.
Thanks for the information. Will the Tesla provided financing agency match DCU? If they don’t match I guess I can email my SA to remove the financing option and say cash

Thanks for the information. Will the Tesla provided financing agency match DCU? If they don’t match I guess I can email my SA to remove the financing option and say cash
Yeah, that's what the ratematch@tesla team does, is try to find a matching rate with their partners. I assume the DCU loan is 65 months - when you email Tesla, make sure you ask them for the term length you want (I read that they've matched the rate to 72 months & 48 months). And to your point, if they don't match, then just ask to change to cash and stick with DCU if you want. You could even take the Tesla financing so delivery is more seamless, then re-fi w/ DCU at that lower rate.

I have 07/19 order date for MYLR blue/white 5 tow . EDD moved from oct to Dec/Jan and has now disappeared altogether. It now says ‘we will reach out to schedule your delivery date’. Checking to see if that means forward movement (or backward 😢).
That’s weird that it moved that far out for a mid July order. Did you make a change to your order after your original submission? Or did you not complete your full order profile (proof of insurance upload, payment option, trade-in, etc) until sometime after that original date?

Reactions: Oldguywaits
I have 07/19 order date for MYLR blue/white 5 tow . EDD moved from oct to Dec/Jan and has now disappeared altogether. It now says ‘we will reach out to schedule your delivery date’. Checking to see if that means forward movement (or backward 😢).
This is insane, the only thing I learned is not to get super happy when EDD comes closer and not to get sad when it moves away. Tesla god is very mysterious... Good luck and hope for the best.

That’s weird that it moved that far out for a mid July order. Did you make a change to your order after your original submission? Or did you not complete your full order profile (proof of insurance upload, payment option, trade-in, etc) until sometime after that original date?
I didn’t make any config changes. Though I must have completed my profile with all of the options maybe a few days later. Was all done by 07/24 or so.

My wife and I call it "Seat-gate". It's not really a 3rd row like a Highlander or the like. I have a 7/5/3 year olds. We have put the 3 year old in the 3rd row and the 7/5 in the 2nd row. I cant even see the 3 year old's head over the seat. But the 7/5 feet get smushed in the 3rd row. I tried to divide the space between the three rows. But then I am smushed in the wheel so the 2nd and 3rd row can have enough space.

We were going to sell our Highlander and keep my truck. But I just sold the truck to Vroom so we can have the Highlander for the kids. They aren't getting any smaller.

NOTE: I should say this, if the kids are not in car seats or boosters and their feet can reach the carpet (and be under the 2rd row) its probably fine. My kids are in some sort of seat, and their feet can't go under the seat in front.

View attachment 715175
Oh man, that makes sense and I was hoping for a bit better functionality back there. That being said we have a 5 and 3 year old (and possibly more by spring… cough) and should be able to squeeze a few good years out of the space. Thanks for sharing your experience with it!

I didn’t make any config changes. Though I must have completed my profile with all of the options maybe a few days later. Was all done by 07/24 or so.
Oh ok gotcha. The dates should bounce back forward for you eventually. To super early December at the latest if I had to guess, given your ~7/24 profile completion. The EDD’s tend to get real trippy from time to time, so try not to stress over it too much. It has happened to almost all of us, myself included (peep my signature).

Reactions: yorktwn
I wasn’t aware we were supposed to upload insurance info also? Thought that was to be done only when we get the VIN? Is everyone uploading insurance information without getting VIN? My EDD is Nov 7-27