Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am still following this thread and checking on you guys to celebrate all the deliveries! You're a bunch of awesome people that made my wait so much more manageable.

Update from me after 3 days of ownership:

Tesla is an addiction.

I want to drive it everywhere. Sure we have enough milk? Can just hop to the grocery store. Any plants to get from the nursery? Not? Uhm, maybe just want some fries from McDs? I can totally go like RIGHT NOW.

Love, love, LOVE this car.
They had to start street construction (asphalt over concrete) and I don't want to get oil splatter on my new MY so I can't scratch that same itch until they're done!

Also feel the same way and that's why I'm sticking around, I love hearing about the VIN success stories and deliveries. This thread specifically and the broader community on TMC have kept me sane while waiting for my delivery.

JUST GOT MY VIN!! 279XXX. OD 4/29 held until June, Profile completed 7/5. White/black/inductions. EDD got bumped about 10 times before receiving a VIN... Now to wait for the blue button!
You didn't get the blue button first? I had to confirm the Tesla Vision thing and only after that I was able to see my VIN in the account.

Reactions: DZMY and PatrickTM
Okay - waiting for the CarMax appraiser to finish up. Let’s see if they honor this absurdly high offer…*tense*😬
Not only did they honor the full $42.6k that they offered online, the in person appraisal extended the validity of the offer another week. When I go back I just need to fill out all the paperwork and be done! So that’s one less week to worrying about sharing a car with family or renting! 🎊
Hoping for some positive EDD updates when this EOQ push is done 🤞🏽

Not only did they honor the full $42.6k that they offered online, the in person appraisal extended the validity of the offer another week. When I go back I just need to fill out all the paperwork and be done! So that’s one less week to worrying about sharing a car with family or renting! 🎊
Hoping for some positive EDD updates when this EOQ push is done 🤞🏽

Awesome!! So you could have sold it to them and been done with it but you're using another week to prepare everything? They must really be desperate for cars! Here's hoping I have the same luck tomorrow night.

Reactions: samori01
I'm thinking for various reasons it might be best for me to put my order on hold. Patrick, I know you did that, when you came off hold did you go to the end of the line? In my case I think I want to--I'm selling a house, buying a new one, then moving and I think it would be better for me to wait until I'm at the new house before I take delivery. If you order now I think it's April for delivery, so if I come off a hold in December or something I'm assuming it would be after April, maybe June/July next year.

Do you ever lose the ability to put an order on hold, versus just canceling it? If you receive a VIN and 'accept' it or whatever you do, can you change your mind later and put it on hold? If you've been offered a delivery date can you still put it on hold?

I know I could talk to an SA and get some answers, but since I'm taking delivery at Tyco I effectively have no SA. Of course, as far as I know the only way to put an order on hold is talk to an SA so I may be SOL until someone calls me to make sure I have financing!!

I'm thinking for various reasons it might be best for me to put my order on hold. Patrick, I know you did that, when you came off hold did you go to the end of the line? In my case I think I want to--I'm selling a house, buying a new one, then moving and I think it would be better for me to wait until I'm at the new house before I take delivery. If you order now I think it's April for delivery, so if I come off a hold in December or something I'm assuming it would be after April, maybe June/July next year.

Do you ever lose the ability to put an order on hold, versus just canceling it? If you receive a VIN and 'accept' it or whatever you do, can you change your mind later and put it on hold? If you've been offered a delivery date can you still put it on hold?

I know I could talk to an SA and get some answers, but since I'm taking delivery at Tyco I effectively have no SA. Of course, as far as I know the only way to put an order on hold is talk to an SA so I may be SOL until someone calls me to make sure I have financing!!
I think Tesla put some kind of limitation on holds compared to indefinitely placing an on hold it maybe for a 3-6 month period if I remember it being discussed before on here. You may want to ask your SA how long you can place your order on hold for. I refi'd my home mortgage in the middle of my MY order wait, luckily the timing all worked out.

Reactions: Wigan and PatrickTM
Looks like BMW has released a fleet of iX 50i's to journalists for reviews, the reviews are hitting youtube.

Most viewed is the carwow review, I typically like the carwow reviews but this one felt sponsored by BMW like they gagged him from negatively reviewing it.

All in all, I am happy I went with the MY over the iX for a number of reasons: no frunk, bucktooth grill sticker (that's what it is according to the review), range and acceleration don't equate to an improvement over the MY for the money.

Video for anyone interested:

I couldn’t find any data in reviews on EPA Wh/mile, battery KWh, or range. Almost seems like it is under gag order. Can you?

There is no shame in putting your order on hold or otherwise delaying delivery. You’re dropping $55k or more for this car. It’s a massive amount of money (or massive amount of car debt), and one should only go through with it when they are fully financially ready. For me, I had to contact my SA to officially put the order on hold. Call (If they pick up), text, or the easiest way which is to visit a store in person. That being said, don’t cancel and reorder. If you ordered in July, your order probably has the following language included on page four of the Order Agreement:

We work to fulfill your order as quickly as we can. If you do not take delivery of your Vehicle within ninety (90) days of placing your order at no fault of Tesla’s, we may cancel your order and keep your Order Fee, Order Deposit and Transportaion Fee. Alternatively, Tesla may give you the option to reconfigure your Vehicle at the current pricing.

My second Model Y order (June OD) contained the aforementioned clause, and when I asked to put that particular order on hold, I was told no, it can’t be done, but just leave the profile incomplete and it’s a de-facto hold. Same thing. It seems that they do no enforce the 90 day rule, because they themselves are not able to achieve 90 day delivery timeline. Maybe one day when Giga Austin opens up and production backlog is cleared, they will enforce this rule. But for now, you can de-facto hold an order for several months and Tesla doesn’t seem to care.

When I took my first order came off hold, I was told that I would go to the end of the queue, same as a brand spanking new order (but with May 2021 pricing, mwahaha!) But my EDD first said October (clearly not happening), now it’s gone. Will I ever get an EDD or will a VIN randomly drop into my lap? Will I truly take delivery in March, like a new order would from 18Sep? We will see. This is my personal experience, and when it comes to Tesla, it seems everyone has a different experience. Hopefully your SA will not be a Nazi about delaying order. If you truly have waited and held on to your order far too long, they will eventually email you asking you to cancel, or get your order cancelled if you do not proceed with the order.

Still waiting for the blue button but I never saw the vision statement. Maybe I accepted it when I first ordered but I don't recall
I’m thinking that for the folks who ordered a Model Y after they removed radar, they will never see the message because it was not an advertised feature at time of order. In other words, nothing changed and you got exactly what you ordered.

On the other hand, folks like me, that ordered early, will see the blue button to confirm that I’m okay with accepting a car that has an advertised function removed.

Wow if that is true I am willing to pay the extra money for the blue color which is about $3,500 due to my early price, I just don't want to be send to the end of the queue. I will ask my SA if I keep my position in the queue if I make changes to my order. Thanks for the info!
Yes, a change will definitely send you to the back. I was unclear in what I said. The part that was untrue was Tesla claiming that my early order date would jump me ahead of later orders once I completed the order. That part was untrue, so my official "order date" was when I finished my reservation in August 2021, not when I configured in Jan 2020. So changing my config before actually finishing the order didn't forfeit my "jump ahead of the line" status because no such status existed.

I couldn’t find any data in reviews on EPA Wh/mile, battery KWh, or range. Almost seems like it is under gag order. Can you?
can't find any EPA numbers but the claimed numbers by BMW are on the wikipedia: BMW iX - Wikipedia

i40 trim: 71 kWh battery with 150kw fast DC charging. 322 hp and 6.1 sec 0-60

i50 trim: 105 kWh battery with 200kw fast DC charging. 523 hp and claimed 4.6 second 0-60 tested by carwow to be 4.1 seconds so BMW may be underpromising their specs and planning to overdeliver.

BMW claims ~300 mile range on a full charge but i can't find any EPA verification.