Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OK, I think Tesla is on a fishing expedition. Like I said before I checked my EDD this morning and it was 10/14-11/4. Then two hours ago I get an email saying to make full payment from my bank account to Tesla, and in my account page my EDD went to 9/29-9/30 and there is a Vin assigned.
I am paying by cashiers check in person. So far I have not heard from anyone by any means about where to go to pickup the car or if it is being delivered. I guess if I don't give them my bank info and they can't suck the money out right away to make the EOQ sale I will probably get another Vin and a later EDD. Who knows with these guys.
I mean really, drop everything, go to the bank and get the cashiers check and possibly drive 50 miles to the delivery center by some arbitrary time.
The whole 3-day window Tesla delivery system really is the biggest double-standard I’ve ever seen. We had good luck getting our car when we were available, but my BIL is using the same delivery center and his SA basically told him “don’t plan on taking any vacations between now and the time your car *could* get here.” So wait forever, and put your life on hold to be available when they beckon or they’ll give your car away 🙄🙄

I mean really, drop everything, go to the bank and get the cashiers check and possibly drive 50 miles to the delivery center by some arbitrary time.
The whole 3-day window Tesla delivery system really is the biggest double-standard I’ve ever seen. We had good luck getting our car when we were available, but my BIL is using the same delivery center and his SA basically told him “don’t plan on taking any vacations between now and the time your car *could* get here.” So wait forever, and put your life on hold to be available when they beckon or they’ll give your car away 🙄🙄

Agreed. This is no way to conduct business in the long term so they'll have to change when there's suitable competition. Especially with EDDs moving like they do. If they were reliable, a two week pause is fairly reasonable. 6 months? Not so much.

Attachments

• 1632957965070.png
    1632957965070.png
    88.1 KB · Views: 68
Yes, a change will definitely send you to the back. I was unclear in what I said. The part that was untrue was Tesla claiming that my early order date would jump me ahead of later orders once I completed the order. That part was untrue, so my official "order date" was when I finished my reservation in August 2021, not when I configured in Jan 2020. So changing my config before actually finishing the order didn't forfeit my "jump ahead of the line" status because no such status existed.
Got it thanks!

Agreed. This is no way to conduct business in the long term so they'll have to change when there's suitable competition. Especially with EDDs moving like they do. If they were reliable, a two week pause is fairly reasonable. 6 months? Not so much.
Looks like Tesla does not need us, we need Tesla. It’s all about taking advantage of customers as there is no competition. Hopefully one day it will change…

Hi Friends,

Update. After VIN on 9/27, the EDD was updated from 9/28-30 to 9/30-Oct07. Today I got text and e-mail from Tesla asking for final pay (loan down payment). I obtained DCU loan approval previously but unable to proceed because I did not select 3rd party-DCU financing when I applied the loan at Tesla Website (thus I don't have the right MVPA document to give to DCU). Changing financing to 3rd party now will delay delivery as per Tesla SA. Oh well. Does anybody ever tried requesting for refinancing instead with DCU, and use the document to rate-match with Tesla? Tesla mentioned they can rate match as long as within 7 days after delivery.

Anyway, my delivery was set to tomorrow 9/30 from 4pm-8pm, home delivery. Looks like they are cutting it really close to EoQ.

Thanks for being with me guys all these time waiting for my car. It really helped to keep me insane lol.
Hopefully VIN will come quick for those still waiting for theirs.

I'm brand new to site, just ordered my Model 3 LR 2weeks ago. Currently my ESD is 11/1-11/21. Hopefully I am doing everything correct, I selected cash as how I am purchasing. This is what my lender NFCU advised, & they already sent me the check for the purchase. My other question is INS. I don't want to get ins 2 months in advance, but is not getting it yet holding me up?
Incredible! I placed my order on Sep. 10 but no ESD yet.

Hi Friends,

Update. After VIN on 9/27, the EDD was updated from 9/28-30 to 9/30-Oct07. Today I got text and e-mail from Tesla asking for final pay (loan down payment). I obtained DCU loan approval previously but unable to proceed because I did not select 3rd party-DCU financing when I applied the loan at Tesla Website (thus I don't have the right MVPA document to give to DCU). Changing financing to 3rd party now will delay delivery as per Tesla SA. Oh well. Does anybody ever tried requesting for refinancing instead with DCU, and use the document to rate-match with Tesla? Tesla mentioned they can rate match as long as within 7 days after delivery.

Anyway, my delivery was set to tomorrow 9/30 from 4pm-8pm, home delivery. Looks like they are cutting it really close to EoQ.

Thanks for being with me guys all these time waiting for my car. It really helped to keep me insane lol.
Hopefully VIN will come quick for those still waiting for theirs.
I just went through this exact process this yesterday and today and it did not delay my delivery date (tomorrow). The SA at the delivery center was able to turn the third-party financing option back on and put DCU on the MVPA paperwork. The MVPA comes from the SA, not Tesla financing. Once they did that, I had the MVPA within minutes. Once I had the MVPA for DCU in hand, I asked them to switch me back to Tesla financing (Tesla financing folks handle that but it was done within an hour).

The longest part was trying to get through to a DCU loan officer. Yesterday it was a 1.5 to 2.25 hr hold! I opted for the call back at 8:30 am this morning and they were spot on. I completed the loan over the phone and had the loan docs in Docusign by 9:19 am. I sent the .pdf to ratematch at 9:25 am and had the 1.24% at 72 mo rate confirmation at 10:41 am. Super customer service from DCU by the way. Two hours, once I had the DCU MVPA in hand

You are right about EOQ...use that. Tell them you need the MPVA within the hour, otherwise, you can't accept the car until Friday!

OK, I think Tesla is on a fishing expedition. Like I said before I checked my EDD this morning and it was 10/14-11/4. Then two hours ago I get an email saying to make full payment from my bank account to Tesla, and in my account page my EDD went to 9/29-9/30 and there is a Vin assigned.
I am paying by cashiers check in person. So far I have not heard from anyone by any means about where to go to pickup the car or if it is being delivered. I guess if I don't give them my bank info and they can't suck the money out right away to make the EOQ sale I will probably get another Vin and a later EDD. Who knows with these guys.
This is exactly what I was saying with my post yesterday. The last minute vin could be a hassle getting everything lined up in time for delivery. Good thing EOQ isn’t on a weekend too when banks are closed.