Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is there an app that turns your phone into a HUD?
I'm not sure about phone but I have seen some videos on YouTube of people adding a dash screen running some version of android tablet but can support Android Auto, CarPlay, and shows speed, charge, nav, etc. It's actually a fairly clean integration for a first iteration. Bearded Tesla Guy has a video on it.

Reactions: PatrickTM and TSLY
My OD is 6/18 and I received a VIN on 9/13. I had to put my order on hold since my delivery window fell during a trip to the east coast.

I told my SA that I wouldn't be back until 10/1 and confirmed on my account that my order was on hold until then. However, a few days ago I checked my account and it no longer said it was on hold and I had no EDD. I have no idea when or how my hold was removed since it wasn't supposed to happen until 10/1. Has anyone else had this happen to them?

Anyways, I just received an EDD of 10/3-10/20. As my SA had ensured me, I was not "moved to the back of the line". Not sure how my OD factored into this EDD or if I just got placed on the rumored "priority waiting list".

My OD is 6/18 and I received a VIN on 9/13. I had to put my order on hold since my delivery window fell during a trip to the east coast.

I told my SA that I wouldn't be back until 10/1 and confirmed on my account that my order was on hold until then. However, a few days ago I checked my account and it no longer said it was on hold and I had no EDD. I have no idea when or how my hold was removed since it wasn't supposed to happen until 10/1. Has anyone else had this happen to them?

Anyways, I just received an EDD of 10/3-10/20. As my SA had ensured me, I was not "moved to the back of the line". Not sure how my OD factored into this EDD or if I just got placed on the rumored "priority waiting list".
Looks like once VIN is assigned rules are different. I believe it was not treated as the regular hold; a delivery failure maybe ? Must be different category of hold and you are being matched to a different VIN from a different batch for the next attempt.

Congratulations for not going back all the way to no one knows where when, March, April..

Looks like once VIN is assigned rules are different. I believe it was not treated as the regular hold; a delivery failure maybe ? Must be different category of hold and you are being matched to a different VIN from a different batch for the next attempt.

Congratulations for not going back all the way to no one knows where when, March, April..
Yea, receiving a VIN first seems to be the differentiator. I was very worried I would end up being pushed to March when I was put on Hold and it's already pushed to April for new orders.

Not sure how my Hold was removed before the date it was set for but perhaps my SA made the call trying to time an EDD that fell after 10/1, since that's when I told him I'd be back.

Reactions: PatrickTM and chand
Hello All, Since EDD's moved up for many today I wanted to bring an old topic about 2022 vs 2021. When does Tesla switch from mfg year 2021 to 2022?
Reports ( this thread ) on the forum suggest the switch happened first week of October for the 2021 year and that has been the usual practice since mass product i.e M3, we will know about 2022 in a week.

Is there an app that turns your phone into a HUD?

I'm not sure about phone but I have seen some videos on YouTube of people adding a dash screen running some version of android tablet but can support Android Auto, CarPlay, and shows speed, charge, nav, etc. It's actually a fairly clean integration for a first iteration. Bearded Tesla Guy has a video on it.
I had heads-up in my Acadia and thought I couldn’t live without it. But honestly, I don’t even miss it after getting used to the MY and familiar with where the speedometer etc are on the display.

Just scheduled my NEMA 14-50 plug to be installed. December 7! They're just as backed up as Tesla. But they were by far the best quote at $785 for a 60 amp circuit and wiring across my basement 75' up to the garage. If the Big Red Machine comes early (hah!) we still have a 110V accessible.
That’s a good price. I had a quote back in January (in Holland, Michigan) for $1,200 for a 60 amp circuit and 72’ across basement and up to the garage. I wound up doing it myself with a friend for about $250 in materials and a half day in labor.

• Informative
Reactions: loggedout
I had heads-up in my Acadia and thought I couldn’t live without it. But honestly, I don’t even miss it after getting used to the MY and familiar with where the speedometer etc are on the display.
The first day I drove the M3, I was so freaking lost. I kept looking at the area where traditional displays are and was literally crying in agony.
My mother, who was in the backseat, goes what the heck is wrong with you, to which I explained, and pointed to where the "speedometer is now". Then came the non stop, oh you are going at xx miles per hour, oh you are speeding, etc 🤦‍♀️
The next day's drive to the office, I sure was speeding cuz I wasn't looking over at the screen very often, and scared myself into slowing down. Didn't realize I had crossed 90mph at one point, but I wasn't the only one, so I didn't stand out in the crowd at least. 🤐

My red/white didn't move but @ArrogantSeeker's moved to match yours as another red/black.
@Arkbird mine took a while to move, in comparison to PhillyGal and Pinetree. They had another shift today so I thought I would check mine, and it sure had changed since last checked a few days ago.

Mine is now closer to yours actually.