Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My EDD had been at Oct 13-Nov 2 for all of September. This morning it moved up to Oct 4-24. Still a 20 day window, but now so close to EDD.
Original OD was 7/10. In Central Californiana. Blue MYLR/ White/ 20 / AP/ no tow

I had been holding off on renewing loan status, but now will be jumping on it. If anyone has a DCU referral, please DM me.
How do you guys check EDD? I don't see it in my account page.

Same with my EDD (same exact date range for all September), but mine still hasn’t moved. Seems like only White interiors are getting updated, or it just feels that way haha. Maybe will switch to black interiors in, as Elon would say, 2 weeks.
I have white interior and it hasn't been updated :(

holding at my Nov 23-Dec 13 date range. was really hoping for some movement today - but no dice.

Reactions: TatisJr
So it looks like Tesla is getting smart with orders now. Before, you could request a trade in valuation and it shows you the number but now you have to sign into an account to see your valuation. Also, you could remove trade in from your profile and you would get a section asking if you wanted to trade in that section would appear uncompleted if you select yet but don't put the details.
I just called the 888 number and asked to remove trade in hoping to "uncomplete" my profile and delay a VIN but the trade in section disappeared entirely instead of resetting back to asking if I had a trade in. I asked the guy about it and he said I would have to call them back to add a trade in.

Also, with our previous order, we were also able to switch from cash to 3rd party financing and the profile became incomplete and then I was able to add the bank details. I remember talking to SA about delay with VIN and he mentioned because I hadn't completed the payment section, the order couldn't be prioritized for a VIN. When I called, I asked the guy to switch the order from cash to 3rd party financing and he said he needs the bank name and amount being financed to change that. I told him I needed to shop around and don't know which bank yet but I'd like to come back and update that and he said he couldn't leave it blank; the bank and amount has to be filled in so a MVPA can be generated.

I think they know with the new model year coming and possible tax incentives in 2022, people might want to do things to delay their orders and I think this is one way to prevent that. Next recourse is to request a delay when VIN is assigned.

Looks like it’s turning out to be a VINless Friday… been periodically checking in to see if anyone’s gotten an October VIN yet to see if they’ve officially switched over to 2022. Guess Papa Elon gave his staff the day off today after all that EOQ VINsanity.

think they know with the new model year coming

I found this on the forum about 2022 model, fellow member has following to say in CA waiting room:
The sticker for the build date is on the drivers side on the B pillar. The date is the unidentified innocuous number in the upper-left corner of the sticker.

On the VIN code, "M" is for 2021. "N" will be for 2022. Unlike previous years, it appears that Tesla is holding 2022 models until January.

So a VIN code of ...MF279### is a 2021 model from Fremont.

@PNWLeccy

Last edited:
Reactions: PatrickTM
I found this on the forum about 2022 model, fellow member has following to say in CA waiting room:

@PNWLeccy
I guess more reason to prevent people from trying to delay their orders. If they don't prevent that, Q4 deliveries numbers would be low but that sucks too though to be so close to a new model year or possible tax breaks. Imagine the people taking deliveries 12/30 - 12/31

I guess more reason to prevent people from trying to delay their orders. If they don't prevent that, Q4 deliveries numbers would be low but that sucks too though to be so close to a new model year or possible tax breaks. Imagine the people taking deliveries 12/30 - 12/31

But the demand has always been there irrespective of tax rebates or 4680 cell whatever.

In order to sell a 2022 model (VIN date code "N") Tesla has to send NHTSA a VIN decoder 60-days before the first car. They haven't done this yet.

In previous years, Tesla sent them the VIN decoder in August for cars sold in October.

Scott

PS they also have to assign a Factory Code to the new factory in Austin, Texas. Perhaps it will be "A", or perhaps "T" for Texas. They haven't done this yet either. Note that F=Fremont and C=Shanghai.

--

MYLR | Red ext | White int | 19" | 5 seats | tow | no FSD | Order 07/31 | Profile 07/31
EDD: January
DC: Stockton

They also mention about Austin plant not getting Factory Code yet.

Good morning TMC!

It's been about 2 weeks since I took delivery of my MYLR. I have to say it truly was worth the wait just as everyone said. The delivery process was super smooth with no major concerns. I paid the amount due ahead of time allowing me to picked up the car with zero contact. The only issue I noticed was a little paint damage that was very minor.

In an attempt to separate my MYLR from everyone else I decided to paint my wheels and brakes.

Here are a few pictures. Took me 3 days to do. Still much more to do...
Looking sweet! Quick question: I like the epoxy floor in your garage. Did you do it yourself or was it done by a company?

So it looks like Tesla is getting smart with orders now. Before, you could request a trade in valuation and it shows you the number but now you have to sign into an account to see your valuation. Also, you could remove trade in from your profile and you would get a section asking if you wanted to trade in that section would appear uncompleted if you select yet but don't put the details.
I just called the 888 number and asked to remove trade in hoping to "uncomplete" my profile and delay a VIN but the trade in section disappeared entirely instead of resetting back to asking if I had a trade in. I asked the guy about it and he said I would have to call them back to add a trade in.

Also, with our previous order, we were also able to switch from cash to 3rd party financing and the profile became incomplete and then I was able to add the bank details. I remember talking to SA about delay with VIN and he mentioned because I hadn't completed the payment section, the order couldn't be prioritized for a VIN. When I called, I asked the guy to switch the order from cash to 3rd party financing and he said he needs the bank name and amount being financed to change that. I told him I needed to shop around and don't know which bank yet but I'd like to come back and update that and he said he couldn't leave it blank; the bank and amount has to be filled in so a MVPA can be generated.

I think they know with the new model year coming and possible tax incentives in 2022, people might want to do things to delay their orders and I think this is one way to prevent that. Next recourse is to request a delay when VIN is assigned.
Interesting...I wonder what happens if someone gets a VIN way earlier than the originally EDD when ordered? For example, I don't plan on replacing my car until next April at the eariest...so I purposely waited until the Model Y website said estimated deliveries in April. If I get a VIN before that I will want to delay it somehow without being put back to the end of the line.

🚨 You are more than welcome to guide me to the proper channel for my request below.... 🤗 🚨

Help!! I am totally lost on ordering floor mats. 7 seater is not helping at all. I am thinking of going with Tesmanian. Anyone here ordered those for their 7 seater?

But the demand has always been there irrespective of tax rebates or 4680 cell whatever.

They also mention about Austin plant not getting Factory Code yet.
Demand is there no doubt but this will affect people taking delivery in Q4 vs those scheduled for next year. Some may no care, I don't really care if it's Austin or Fremont but I'd like to have a 22 vs a 21 this close to end of year and if there are tax rebates that only apply to purchases after 1/1/22, you can bet people will rather delay and save a few thousand bucks. If the rebate is retroactive, then may not affect much but if it only starts 1/1 then yeah.

Demand is there no doubt but this will affect people taking delivery in Q4 vs those scheduled for next year. Some may no care, I don't really care if it's Austin or Fremont but I'd like to have a 22 vs a 21 this close to end of year and if there are tax rebates that only apply to purchases after 1/1/22, you can bet people will rather delay and save a few thousand bucks. If the rebate is retroactive, then may not affect much but if it only starts 1/1 then yeah.
I am in CA - so maybe it is different for different states - but i dont see an increase in tax benefits buying after 1/1/22 vs12/31/21 - am i missing something? Is there a new federal tax break coming?

🚨 You are more than welcome to guide me to the proper channel for my request below.... 🤗 🚨

Help!! I am totally lost on ordering floor mats. 7 seater is not helping at all. I am thinking of going with Tesmanian. Anyone here ordered those for their 7 seater?
I ordered Tesla Shields for my 7 seater. They resemble the 3D Maxpider mats for a bit less, and they’re currently running a 20% off special that ends today I think. Ordered their 7 seater floor mats and the 7 seater cargo mats from them.

• Love
Reactions: ArrogantSeeker
I haven't posted on this before. Today my ED dropped 13 days closer. It was Nov 24 - Dec 14, but now Nov 11 - Dec 01. That is for a MYLR, 5 Seat, White/Black, Gemini. Order Date was 7/31. Since I live in Connecticut I will have to to go Mount Kisco, NY for pickup.

I'm also in Connecticut and have to make the trip out to Mt. Kisco, NY, also. My Order date for the same configuration was 07/13, but my EDD only moved up to Nov 16 - Dec 06.

Reactions: aprapos

Teslarati and TeslaShields have good 7 seater mats … I got mine (5 seater) from TeslaShields (simile to the 3D Max ones)… they are backordered but I don’t have my car anyways :)

• Helpful
Reactions: ArrogantSeeker