Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Delivery scheduled for 10/23....

Right now waiting for DCU to respond on my loan application. I thought some people got the loan approved from DCU in a few minutes with an online application, but I have not heard from them after filling the application. I tried to call but it was a 3 hours waiting on phone o_O I will visit them tomorrow if I dont get a response by EOD.
You may have easy access to St Anne's which is in Massachusetts and may have a lower rate....

Reactions: PatrickTM
Yup, 18” wheels will fit Model Y, but you would have to get new tires. Using Model 3 18” tires on a Model Y would result in overall tire diameter to be too small. So essentially you’d change your car’s gearing, causing your speedometer would be way off.
Darn, I didn’t realize that! So if I decided I need snow tires (versus the all-season tires), it might make more sense to get 19s to fit the rims that I’m getting with the MY. Am I missing something?

Reactions: PatrickTM
Darn, I didn’t realize that! So if I decided I need snow tires (versus the all-season tires), it might make more sense to get 19s to fit the rims that I’m getting with the MY. Am I missing something?
If you’re buying new wheels, you can go either way, 18”, 19”, or 20”. Even 21” wheels, if that’s your cup of tea. 18” means tires will have thicker sidewalls to compensate for the smaller wheel size, in order to have the same overall diameter as manufacturer spec. Some people don’t like that, because they associate thicker side wall as less aesthetically pleasing.

But more sidewall means more compliant ride, reduced consumption at speed, cheaper tire, more durable tire, and theoretically speaking, a longer lasting tire. As an extremely practical guy, you can see where I lean 😉

This is a useful tool to plug in potential tire size, and what the sizes will mean in terms of overall diameter, speedo correction, actual speed, etc.: Tire Size Comparison

Delivery scheduled for 10/23....

Right now waiting for DCU to respond on my loan application. I thought some people got the loan approved from DCU in a few minutes with an online application, but I have not heard from them after filling the application. I tried to call but it was a 3 hours waiting on phone o_O I will visit them tomorrow if I dont get a response by EOD.
They have a call back feature - that is what i used - i had an estimated wait time of 5 hours and I just left my number to have them call back .. they called back in couple of hours and everything got done in the call itself (including uploading/emailing all documents and going through loan terms) .. try it .. might save you a trip

Reactions: chand and firecape
Probably a stupid question, but what is the status of Giga Austin? Are they going to start producing Ys by the end of the year or is that Spring 2022?
That's a big unknown. We do know the progress of the exterior from youtube channels, a pre-production MY was sent around twitter in September, and recently a seat-on-battery photo (but I think from Shanghai?) was seen. Elon alluded to full production by late 2022 which, counting backwards and using the Shanghai plant as a gauge, could mean at least some production models might roll off the line this fall.

THIS!!!! I believe this is exactly the case which will explain why you see a 293 Vin with a 10/10 build date and a 278 vin with a 10/11 build date. They are cranking the cars out and storing them and when they have the parts and complete it, that's the build date but the VIN was assigned at initial assembly. I don't know if tesla stamps VINs on chassis like other cars do. If they do, they would have to assign a VIN at the early stage of build but can't complete the build till later.
You're right. My 280 VIN was manufactured on 10-11-21. VINs are not sequential, but certain members on this forum have been perpetuating misinformation out of their own ignorance, so beware.