Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well I did a thing yesterday. I had been regretting not ordering the inductions with my LR so I signed up for the Tesla inventory discord. Yesterday one came up with my preferred config with the inductions in Texas, so I snagged it. $1000 delivery fee, but oh well. I get the config I want and it should be coming next week! I’m not cancelling my original order till the car is in my garage though 😂

If anyone is really wanting their car now, I highly recommend joining the Tesla inventory discord. At least a few come up every day and if you set notifications on your phone you can grab the one you want quickly (they don’t last more than a few minutes if that).
I appreciate your sacrifice. That’s one fewer of my configs in line ahead of me!

Yike, checked with Geico for a quote and got on that’s 3x what I’m currently paying. I knew it’d go up but 🥵

My experience with Geico has been fantastic so I’m reluctant to change but damn.
Geico does not want to insure Teslas for some reason. My wife and I were with them for 20 years with perfect driving records and they were going to jack up our rates by over $1k per year when we went to add our Model 3. Progressive had a rate competitive with our pre-Tesla rate but we ended up going with Travelers due to bundling of all our policies. Tell Geico to take a hike!😁👍

Geico does not want to insure Teslas for some reason. My wife and I were with them for 20 years with perfect driving records and they were going to jack up our rates by over $1k per year when we went to add our Model 3. Progressive had a rate competitive with our pre-Tesla rate but we ended up going with Travelers due to bundling of all our policies. Tell Geico to take a hike!😁👍
See what i mean @GuardianMoon .. Travelers quoted me twice what Geico did .. I was with Geico for 12+ years - then i switched to Travelers since they gave me a good deal on my Volvo and Subaru ... now Geico beat Travelers (and essentially thier earlier quote for the Volvo from 2 years back) .. sometimes i feel loyalty does not count in the Auto Insurance (and i work in Commercial Insurance field where it does count)

Add me to the disappointed list. 2nd day into my EDD, it was just pushed back two weeks and the delivery window lengthened by a week. Not a good way to start the weekend...

MYLR5 | White/White | 19" Gemini | No tow | No FSD | OD: 7/16 | EDD: 10/15-11/04; 10/8-10/28; 10/09-10/29; 10/15-11/08; 10/28-11/25
It looks like I'm not the only one and it seems that it is a norm now....

My EDD was 10/10 - 10/30 and on 10/12 my EDD pushed back to 10/22-11/19 ... so my window changed from 20 to 28 days.... I was upset...

Also, I’m financing part of it, and will sell my car to CarMax and pay the rest. How do they accept payment? I don’t see an option to enter bank information now that Tesla Financing is in there. Do I just being a personal check?
I seem to recall that the online payment portal via Plaid doesn’t open up until within 48 hours of delivery appointment. People who want to wait to pay until they are at the DC have done Plaid with a personal check onsite as well. Or certified check, both should work. Others chime in if you’ve already taken delivery to confirm or refute.

Congrats on snagging a car from inventory. How/where do I sign up for the Tesla inventory discord?
Thank you! Just scheduled delivery for this coming Saturday October 23 😄

Here’s the invite link to join the discord server: Join the Tesla Inventory Discord Server!

You can set up notifications on your phone/computer/tablet for the model you want. They come up somewhat frequently, but most often in CA and HI so depending on where you live the transport fee can be high. It was $2000 from CA to MD where I live, and $1000 from TX so I jumped on the one that came up in TX.

Reactions: EvEv
Well I did a thing yesterday. I had been regretting not ordering the inductions with my LR so I signed up for the Tesla inventory discord. Yesterday one came up with my preferred config with the inductions in Texas, so I snagged it. $1000 delivery fee, but oh well. I get the config I want and it should be coming next week! I’m not cancelling my original order till the car is in my garage though 😂

If anyone is really wanting their car now, I highly recommend joining the Tesla inventory discord. At least a few come up every day and if you set notifications on your phone you can grab the one you want quickly (they don’t last more than a few minutes if that).
How many miles does it have on it?

I seem to recall that the online payment portal via Plaid doesn’t open up until within 48 hours of delivery appointment. People who want to wait to pay until they are at the DC have done Plaid with a personal check onsite as well. Or certified check, both should work. Others chime in if you’ve already taken delivery to confirm or refute.
Thanks! My SA is out of office until Thursday so I wasn’t certain.

Reactions: PatrickTM
I got a VIN last night. Ordered on 20-May. It is a 2021 MY. EDD window is 28-Oct to 3-Nov.
I ordered on 6/13/2021, just looked at account and it says 2/3-3/5/2022. I’m guessing a glitch in the matrix. No reason we shouldn’t get this by end of year. when we ordered it said October delivery time frame. I just wanted Q4 - obviously no sig updates occurring this year. got my PY back in September, this one is for the wifey - trading in our X

@GuardianMoon, Patrick is correct; the portal doesn’t open until delivery is imminent. We paid our down payment with a cashiers check made out to “Tesla Inc.” on the day of delivery with zero issues. I’m totally sketched out by Plaid and their demands for full access to my account login, so I didn’t feel comfortable going that route.