Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I seem to recall that the online payment portal via Plaid doesn’t open up until within 48 hours of delivery appointment. People who want to wait to pay until they are at the DC have done Plaid with a personal check onsite as well. Or certified check, both should work. Others chime in if you’ve already taken delivery to confirm or refute.
Thanks!! Just found this on the Tesla site:
1634433117387.png

Yike, checked with Geico for a quote and got on that’s 3x what I’m currently paying. I knew it’d go up but 🥵

My experience with Geico has been fantastic so I’m reluctant to change but damn.
I have seen a few other posts here about geico specifically being one of the most expensive to insure teslas. Might be time for a change.

You’ve been so patient!!! A VIN has to be coming for you super soon!!
I hope so. Everytime I talk to my family they wonder if I have it yet. I figure it'll come when it comes. I wasn't super worried about the wait at first but I've gotten more and more excited as time has progressed. Now I'm ready for it to be in my garage.

I hope so. Everytime I talk to my family they wonder if I have it yet. I figure it'll come when it comes. I wasn't super worried about the wait at first but I've gotten more and more excited as time has progressed. Now I'm ready for it to be in my garage.
Only my wife knows we ordered one and it's been killing me not to tell people. I've been car shopping for years and people are just like "buy a Tesla already, it'll never get here otherwise" Hah ha. Plan to just send a casual photo of it in the garage once we have it home.

All the more reason to be active in this group therapy session.

@GuardianMoon, Patrick is correct; the portal doesn’t open until delivery is imminent. We paid our down payment with a cashiers check made out to “Tesla Inc.” on the day of delivery with zero issues. I’m totally sketched out by Plaid and their demands for full access to my account login, so I didn’t feel comfortable going that route.
I'm a bit sketched out by that as well. I see I have the option to pay already even though my delivery is this coming Saturday. I don't really want to pay till I inspect the car and make sure I'm going to take delivery anyway. In my account it doesn't say I have the option to pay by cashiers check so is that something I need to contact the service center about to confirm?

Reactions: GuardianMoon
My closest location is Owings Mills, but the customer service rep I spoke to on the phone said to pick it up from Tysons Corner and "trust me, I'd thank him later" lol. So that's what I'm doing. I didn't even realize it was an option to pick up from Rockville since they don't have a showroom!
Lol wow Tysons from where you are must be at least an hour? Rockville is a service center which does all the pick ups around here. The show room is in Bethesda, at Montgomery Mall.

Reactions: InTheForest
It's a bit amusing to me that 7 years ago I was in the middle of a painful 108 day wait for a Model S from order to delivery. And here I freaking am again in the middle of what will likely be a similar wait.

The delays back then were worth it though - I got game-changing autopilot hardware that cars rolling off the line just weeks before mine didn't get. (Recall this is when weeks meant hundreds of cars, not thousands.)

It's a bit amusing to me that 7 years ago I was in the middle of a painful 108 day wait for a Model S from order to delivery. And here I freaking am again in the middle of what will likely be a similar wait.

The delays back then were worth it though - I got game-changing autopilot hardware that cars rolling off the line just weeks before mine didn't get. (Recall this is when weeks meant hundreds of cars, not thousands.)
Was this AP 1.0?

I'm a bit sketched out by that as well. I see I have the option to pay already even though my delivery is this coming Saturday. I don't really want to pay till I inspect the car and make sure I'm going to take delivery anyway. In my account it doesn't say I have the option to pay by cashiers check so is that something I need to contact the service center about to confirm?
We paid directly with a cashier's check as well. We just showed up to the SC with the check on delivery day and did not accept delivery or hand over the check until we did a thorough inspection of the car. Our SA had no issues with it and acted as this was normal procedure.