Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My MY is in the house! 😁
IMG_5349.jpeg

Hey all! I ordered ours on 10/17/2021 with a delivery estimate of April. I’ve heard a lot of issues with the Tesla delivery process getting delayed and with the “chip shortage” and other things in the news it seems like I’ll have to possibly wait longer? Is there any SLA on when Tesla has to deliver the car or did I pass that up when I hit agree on all the terms & conditions. :)

Hey all! I ordered ours on 10/17/2021 with a delivery estimate of April. I’ve heard a lot of issues with the Tesla delivery process getting delayed and with the “chip shortage” and other things in the news it seems like I’ll have to possibly wait longer? Is there any SLA on when Tesla has to deliver the car or did I pass that up when I hit agree on all the terms & conditions. :)

Welcome aboard. I think April is a good estimate for now. With it being so far away and so many variables, You should expect the EDD to change as you get closer to your date. I ordered 9/29 with an original Generic EDD of April and it was just updated to 2/17-3/17. Still far away so I expect this to change as it gets closer.

Reactions: PatrickTM
Lol wow Tysons from where you are must be at least an hour? Rockville is a service center which does all the pick ups around here. The show room is in Bethesda, at Montgomery Mall.
Yeah it's about an hour or a little less depending on time of day. Owings Mills is 40 mins and that's the closest. Rockville is also about an hour for me. There really are no close options. I was very surprised there was no Tesla store when we moved here from DC.

I hate driving to VA so I'll likely bring it to Rockville for service when/if I need it. I guess Owings Mills is known as being not very good. I have to admit every time I've gone there the SA's seem grumpy and they have not been responsive at all to questions when I've emailed, plus you can't get them on the phone ever. I always get kicked to corporate whenever I've tried to call there.

Generally speaking you'll likely receive your new Y before the initial estimate (April). The initial EDD's are fairly conservative. The issues you're likely referring to probably have more to do with buyers riding the emotional roller coaster of constantly changing EDD's. Going from April to Mar 01 - Mar 29 to Feb 06 - Feb 27 then to Mar 10 - Mar 28 will drive people mad and seem like there's an "issue". Its good that you got your order in now and are in line because if that reconciliation bill passes and lifts the 200k vehicle limit for EV tax credits, all those buyers who have been patiently waiting will place orders at the same time pushing estimated deliveries who knows how far out.

Reactions: cusetownusa
Was this AP 1.0?
Yes! So it was quite game-changing since cars made before the hardware shift had no chance of ever evolving with just software or a straight forward MCU upgrade.

It was also a huge deal to me, personally, because unlike the vast majority of Tesla owners at the time, I didn't have money falling out of my ears. I stretched and twisted and cut and took an 8 year loan to have the privilege of ordering a Model S. So if I would have gotten a car that was immediately obsolete, it would have hurt. A lot.

Also of note: Autopilot was literally announced/discussed/unveiled at an event in October of that year. I was already in the middle of my wait so Tesla allowed me to change my order. I think I had ordered something called the "tech package" plus fog lights ($500 option.) They allowed me to swap to AP, which was $500 more than "tech" but fog lights had then become standard so it was a wash.

My trade in estimate hasn’t come in and it’s been almost a week since they asked for updated odometer photos. And my SA is out of office. Anyone know who I can contact? If they can’t come close to the CarMax offer then I’ll want to sell my car a few days early to give the check time to clear.

Reactions: Michael Y 2020
My trade in estimate hasn’t come in and it’s been almost a week since they asked for updated odometer photos. And my SA is out of office. Anyone know who I can contact? If they can’t come close to the CarMax offer then I’ll want to sell my car a few days early to give the check time to clear.
If you call your local store and talk to anyone (doesn’t have to be your specific SA) they should be able to push it through. I had mine seemingly stuck (was just backed up in a big queue) and it cleared within 5 minutes after I hung up that call.

Additionally, when we had an initial trade-in estimate done our SA was able to do it while we were out on a test drive, so worst case I think they can get it done pretty quick if needed.

Hope your delivery day goes smoothly!

Mine took about three days after I submitted it, and Tesla didn't come close to CarMax. I'm waiting on the Lexus dealership to get back to me with an offer, but if they can't beat CarMax I'll take it there a few days before pickup.

The rep I spoke to on the phone said they have a big back log of appraisals so that might be why it's taking longer. I'd just call the main number and they will be able to help you or at least tell you what's going on.

Welcome aboard. I think April is a good estimate for now. With it being so far away and so many variables, You should expect the EDD to change as you get closer to your date. I ordered 9/29 with an original Generic EDD of April and it was just updated to 2/17-3/17. Still far away so I expect this to change as it gets closer.
my OD is 9/29.. EDD is between 02/18-03/18. MYLR, White/Black/19"Gemini Wheels.. hope to see new EDD sometime mid of dec..

Yes! So it was quite game-changing since cars made before the hardware shift had no chance of ever evolving with just software or a straight forward MCU upgrade.

It was also a huge deal to me, personally, because unlike the vast majority of Tesla owners at the time, I didn't have money falling out of my ears. I stretched and twisted and cut and took an 8 year loan to have the privilege of ordering a Model S. So if I would have gotten a car that was immediately obsolete, it would have hurt. A lot.

Also of note: Autopilot was literally announced/discussed/unveiled at an event in October of that year. I was already in the middle of my wait so Tesla allowed me to change my order. I think I had ordered something called the "tech package" plus fog lights ($500 option.) They allowed me to swap to AP, which was $500 more than "tech" but fog lights had then become standard so it was a wash.
I was a year behind you when AP went to $1500. Seems so long ago now, when the garage door opener was standard, premium connectivity was a year, and Supercharging was free.