Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The road trip I mentioned to my SA in mid-Nov is actually to Philly for a wedding. Hopefully it'll be in the sweet new wheels! I'll post here if I pass a transport carrying MYs along 76!
I would offer you a place to charge while in town but these days you'll skip twice as many superchargers along the way as you'll charge at.

But They aren’t delaying any Model Y orders because of hertz. Where are you getting this?

Hertz ordered SR model 3 and will be receiving them through the end of 2022 with the European ones being made in China. Will have zero affect on any one that has a model y order here.
I find this hard to believe. As several others here have said, their EDDs got bumped back about a month past what it was on inital order. This happened to mine as well. When ordered Edd was mid November. Now it’s Mid December. OD 8/13- 120 days based on EDD. Hertz is receiving a large tranche of cars in November based on the article I read. I would think to accommodate such a large order of M3s, they may switch some of MY production line over, materials, labor, whatever. I dont think it’s a coincidence that many peoples EDDs got pushed out to December. As a Tesla owner since 2018, shareholder, and own solar/powerwall, I agree with others that they are doing little to make me loyal to Tesla long-term. And I am usually the first person to defend Tesla due to the fact they are growing at a rapid pace so things slip between the cracks. But this was a decision they made to fill orders by Nov. Hertz should have had to wait the 100+ days we all are waiting. Does Tesla fix problems when I call? Yes. But most of these problems should never happen in the first place. And to then bump peoples orders back to fill a fleet order, that’s not okay IMO.

I've had very good luck with the online chat function. That's how I switched my order from financing to cash (before it expired), and then to third party financing once I got a VIN. YMMV. Do you have a VIN yet?
This didn't work directly for me. They told me they didn't have the proper permissions to make the change (from cash to third party financing) and my advisor had to be the one to do it. They messaged my SA though and hopefully it's being worked.

Edit: SA texted me and made the change. They needed the financial institute and amount to be financed. Easy!

Last edited:
I would offer you a place to charge while in town but these days you'll skip twice as many superchargers along the way as you'll charge at.
That's very kind! I actually looked it up yesterday and I think I'll stop at the Denver PA supercharger and charge up enough so I have about 60% for the weekend. We'll be in the Exton area. The hotel didn't state they have a charger but I'm going to call and ask if we get the car before the journey.

I find this hard to believe. As several others here have said, their EDDs got bumped back about a month past what it was on inital order. This happened to mine as well. When ordered Edd was mid November. Now it’s Mid December. OD 8/13- 120 days based on EDD. Hertz is receiving a large tranche of cars in November based on the article I read. I would think to accommodate such a large order of M3s, they may switch some of MY production line over, materials, labor, whatever. I dont think it’s a coincidence that many peoples EDDs got pushed out to December. As a Tesla owner since 2018, shareholder, and own solar/powerwall, I agree with others that they are doing little to make me loyal to Tesla long-term. And I am usually the first person to defend Tesla due to the fact they are growing at a rapid pace so things slip between the cracks. But this was a decision they made to fill orders by Nov. Hertz should have had to wait the 100+ days we all are waiting. Does Tesla fix problems when I call? Yes. But most of these problems should never happen in the first place. And to then bump peoples orders back to fill a fleet order, that’s not okay IMO.
My OD was 7/24 and my EDD moved up to late December. I’m here in the Bay Area so maybe being closer to Fremont helps??

I find this hard to believe. As several others here have said, their EDDs got bumped back about a month past what it was on inital order. This happened to mine as well. When ordered Edd was mid November. Now it’s Mid December. OD 8/13- 120 days based on EDD. Hertz is receiving a large tranche of cars in November based on the article I read. I would think to accommodate such a large order of M3s, they may switch some of MY production line over, materials, labor, whatever. I dont think it’s a coincidence that many peoples EDDs got pushed out to December. As a Tesla owner since 2018, shareholder, and own solar/powerwall, I agree with others that they are doing little to make me loyal to Tesla long-term. And I am usually the first person to defend Tesla due to the fact they are growing at a rapid pace so things slip between the cracks. But this was a decision they made to fill orders by Nov. Hertz should have had to wait the 100+ days we all are waiting. Does Tesla fix problems when I call? Yes. But most of these problems should never happen in the first place. And to then bump peoples orders back to fill a fleet order, at’s not okay IMO.th

You say that as if it is a fact. I have been in this thread for a long time...EDDs are always changing and not uncommon to jump past original EDD well before the Hertz deal. There is crazy demand and crazy supply problems...I doubt it is easy to pinpoint the exact date your exact car will be delivered 5 months after you order. Expect the EDD to change and go out and enjoy your life. Like I said, my wifes Telluride took just as long for the same issues (Demand and Supply chain issues).

Also, they (Hertz( are starting to receive Model 3 SR in November and the entire order won't be completed until the end of next year. THere is zero indication that they have shut down higher margin Model Y lines to make the Hertz Model 3 cars.

My original order EDD was April and now it says 2/17-3/17. So actually moved up closer and I am about as far away from Fremont you can get in the States.

Reactions: PatrickTM
But They aren’t delaying any Model Y orders because of hertz. Where are you getting this?

Hertz ordered SR model 3 and will be receiving them through the end of 2022 with the European ones being made in China. Will have zero affect on any one that has a model y order here.
They are delaying both current orders and even more orders placed in October. My order would have completed in December and now is going to be fulfilled by February. New orders of Y are going to August while Model 3 orders placed today one can get M3LR by December. Regarding capacity, I have worked for a decade in Automotive manufacturing. It is a misnomer to think all lines are separate. No, much of the machining and components are made in common lines and assembly can be done separately or in a true Lean/Pull system they could roll out final assembly in the same line too. Assuming Freemont makes same as China (actually China makes more) even then at 500 K capacity, that is 20% of Tesla's US capacity dedicated to Hertz staring November. So yes, orders will be impacted and Tesla has decided to protect Model 3 (except SR model) and screw MYLR retail buyers.

They are delaying both current orders and even more orders placed in October. My order would have completed in December and now is going to be fulfilled by February. New orders of Y are going to August while Model 3 orders placed today one can get M3LR by December. Regarding capacity, I have worked for a decade in Automotive manufacturing. It is a misnomer to think all lines are separate. No, much of the machining and components are made in common lines and assembly can be done separately or in a true Lean/Pull system they could roll out final assembly in the same line too. Assuming Freemont makes same as China (actually China makes more) even then at 500 K capacity, that is 20% of Tesla's US capacity dedicated to Hertz staring November. So yes, orders will be impacted and Tesla has decided to protect Model 3 (except SR model) and screw MYLR retail buyers.
They just moved my Model Y order from April to 2/17-3/17. They are also clearly prioritizing higher margin vehicles.

Either way I am not losing sleep over the deal with Hertz and I don't feel like I am getting screwed as someone with a recent MYLR order. Obviously an additional 100,000 orders increases demand and wait times but I see no signs they are screwing me.

Last edited:
Reactions: PatrickTM
You say that as if it is a fact. I have been in this thread for a long time...EDDs are always changing and not uncommon to jump past original EDD well before the Hertz deal. There is crazy demand and crazy supply problems...I doubt it is easy to pinpoint the exact date your exact car will be delivered 5 months after you order. Expect the EDD to change and go out and enjoy your life. Like I said, my wifes Telluride took just as long for the same issues (Demand and Supply chain issues).

Also, they (Hertz( are starting to receive Model 3 SR in November and the entire order won't be completed until the end of next year. THere is zero indication that they have shut down higher margin Model Y lines to make the Hertz Model 3 cars.

My original order EDD was April and now it says 2/17-3/17. So actually moved up closer and I am about as far away from Fremont you can get in the States.
Exactly as I said/ they are receiving a tranche in November aka portion aka not the entire order.
I have been here since early July while waiting for the car I took delivery of 3 weeks ago. So I have a little bit of an understanding as well.
Go out and enjoy your life? Who the hell do you think you are buddy lol.
And to your last point - your order got moved UP- of course your not complaining. We are talking about people who were expecting their cars around a certain time, and it got pushed back a month. They have a right to be annoyed. Whether it’s attributed to hertz or not.

They just moved my Model Y order from April to 2/17-3/17. They are also clearly prioritizing higher margin vehicles.

Either way I am not losing sleep over the deal with Hertz and I don't feel like I am getting screwed as someone with a recent MYLR order.
I agree. In every category they are prioritizing anyone paying more than the base model. Even a $1000 white seat will bring MYLR date from August to May 2022. Which is fine for new orders. But they should not be setting strategy on buyers in the queue. Best way to get negative publicity. I am beyond psed at being delayed and did comment in Bloomberg, WSJ where ever I get an opportunity. No one builds brand loyalty by scrwing current customers by changing the queue system to prefer a corporation. That is exactly what Tesla never stood for. Nothing one can do. 3 years there will be more choices, and Tesla too will learn to behave and respect their own customers.

Reactions: DZMY and LATimes
It’s also reasonable to take the stance anything that strengthens the company protects your lengthy powertrain warranty. A sound, fiscally-healthy company is a good thing. Taking that order strengthened Tesla.
It’s also a reasonable position that it sucks if indeed it does push orders out some. The question then becomes which is worse, waiting awhile or not having a reliable company backing your products.

Exactly as I said/ they are receiving a tranche in November aka portion aka not the entire order.
I have been here since early July while waiting for the car I took delivery of 3 weeks ago. So I have a little bit of an understanding as well.
Go out and enjoy your life? Who the hell do you think you are buddy lol.
And to your last point - your order got moved UP- of course your not complaining. We are talking about people who were expecting their cars around a certain time, and it got pushed back a month. They have a right to be annoyed. Whether it’s attributed to hertz or not.

I apologize for offending you...not my intent. Just meant in general, not calling you out specifically, that the wait is long, the EDDs will continue to change for God knows what (maybe even because of Hertz), and that it isn't worth stressing over and enjoy life.

While my EDD did move up I am fully expecting it to move again, and probably back to April or later. Like I said my wifes Telluride came 2 months after we were told (about 5-6months total)...all manufacturers with high demand vehicles and supply chain issues are having a tough time meeting specific dates set months out.

I get that some people have legit gripes...I saw a few people that had actual VINs and Delivery dates (not estimated) just to have them pulled. That is messed up.

I will stay away from any EDD discussion going forward as I am not looking to offend anyone or get into any heated debate...was just trying to help out and put things in perspective about high demand vehicles with global supply issues affecting all manufactures of all kinds.